Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 ... 670 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 133703 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2175 on: April 27, 2013, 09:35 PM »

Ivo Karlovic has had a mild brain stroke.According to his facebook he was released from hospital and got sick again. He's now in hospital in Miami.The poor guy! Frown
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2176 on: April 27, 2013, 09:42 PM »

Poor Meelosh. Nothing left in his tank today after yesterday.

Didn't expect much from him today tbh.. but he looked great.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2177 on: April 27, 2013, 09:42 PM »

Ivo Karlovic has had a mild brain stroke.According to his facebook he was released from hospital and got sick again. He's now in hospital in Miami.The poor guy! Frown

That's awful, poor Ivo. Frown I hope he makes a full recovery.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2178 on: April 28, 2013, 12:30 AM »

I hope so as well.

Poor Meelosh. Nothing left in his tank today after yesterday.

Didn't expect much from him today tbh.. but he looked great.
I thought so too.   I'm sure he's lost some weight, which is good because I always felt he was a bit on the chubby side.

I'm quite looking forward to the Portugal Open (provided I can find a live stream) where Ferrer is seeded No.1 and Wawrinka No.2, based on rankings as of 18 March, although it's a shame Delpo has had to withdraw due to a virus.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 28, 2013, 12:35 AM ] IP Logged
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2179 on: April 28, 2013, 04:33 AM »

yeah feel relay sorry for him
translation in Google's: *
Rumors are, unfortunately, proved to be correct. Famous tennis player Ivo Karlovic (34) ended up in a hospital in Miami, the city where he and his wife and Alsion jednoipolgodišnjom daughter Jada Valentin and lives. Doctors are not the correct diagnosis, initially suspected to mild stroke, but it's more likely that an infection of the brain. To which, perhaps, there and bite of an insect.

- It is true, Ivo was in the hospital - confirmed by a visibly upset Ivin father Vlado, who himself lives in limbo because they do not know what it exactly is. He says:

Hopefully, it will send the giant, who was recently piled pehovi (injuries and unfortunate defeats), as soon recover. Will they be able to return and tennis, far too early to say. And it is at this point in the background, health is the most important. Otherwise, the last appearance Charles had last week at the challenger in nearby Sarasota (on the ground), where in the first round in three sets lost to Ukraine's Denis Molčanova.

Fans from all over the world through social networks leave messages of regret as "Giant from Salata" this happened and express his support.

*Google's translations are not very acurate
[ Last edit by CoolDude April 28, 2013, 04:37 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2180 on: April 28, 2013, 06:51 AM »

For those of u into stats and comparing players, this is a brilliant site, but be warned- complicated!
http://www.tennisabstract.com/cgi-bin/player.cgi?p=AndyMurray&f=o1
Not just about Andy, it's got top 100 I think.  Just was looking at Andy last.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2181 on: April 28, 2013, 12:04 PM »

I'm quite looking forward to the Portugal Open (provided I can find a live stream) where Ferrer is seeded No.1 and Wawrinka No.2, based on rankings as of 18 March, although it's a shame Delpo has had to withdraw due to a virus.

I'm pleased that Ferrer's accepted the wildcard - playing some more matches on the clay is probably a good idea ahead of the Masters and RG, where he's got big points to defend. Hope he and Stan reach the final - I enjoyed their Buenos Aires final earlier this year.

It might end up working in Delpo's favour not playing this week. He doesn't seem to be the type of player who fares well playing consecutive weeks. Resting this week may mean he's in better shape for the two Masters. It is a shame for him that he's had to miss out though.

yeah feel relay sorry for him
translation in Google's: *
Rumors are, unfortunately, proved to be correct. Famous tennis player Ivo Karlovic (34) ended up in a hospital in Miami, the city where he and his wife and Alsion jednoipolgodišnjom daughter Jada Valentin and lives. Doctors are not the correct diagnosis, initially suspected to mild stroke, but it's more likely that an infection of the brain. To which, perhaps, there and bite of an insect.

- It is true, Ivo was in the hospital - confirmed by a visibly upset Ivin father Vlado, who himself lives in limbo because they do not know what it exactly is. He says:

Hopefully, it will send the giant, who was recently piled pehovi (injuries and unfortunate defeats), as soon recover. Will they be able to return and tennis, far too early to say. And it is at this point in the background, health is the most important. Otherwise, the last appearance Charles had last week at the challenger in nearby Sarasota (on the ground), where in the first round in three sets lost to Ukraine's Denis Molčanova.

Fans from all over the world through social networks leave messages of regret as "Giant from Salata" this happened and express his support.

*Google's translations are not very acurate

Thanks for the further info on Ivo Karlovic, CoolDude. I never knew that insect bites could be so serious, that's scary. Hope he makes a speedy recovery and is able to play again.

For those of u into stats and comparing players, this is a brilliant site, but be warned- complicated!
http://www.tennisabstract.com/cgi-bin/player.cgi?p=AndyMurray&f=o1
Not just about Andy, it's got top 100 I think.  Just was looking at Andy last.

That's a really interesting site bbh, thanks. So many different stats to look at. And I like the h2h tables - much easier to use than the ATP H2Hs which take ages to load!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2182 on: April 28, 2013, 01:06 PM »

Thanks for the further info on Ivo Karlovic, CoolDude. I never knew that insect bites could be so serious, that's scary. Hope he makes a speedy recovery and is able to play again.

As well as the possibility of Lyme's Disease - which is what Sam Stosur had - a tick bite can cause encephalitis which is inflammation of the brain.  I really hope this isn't the case with Ivo.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2183 on: April 28, 2013, 02:04 PM »

As well as the possibility of Lyme's Disease - which is what Sam Stosur had - a tick bite can cause encephalitis which is inflammation of the brain.  I really hope this isn't the case with Ivo.

I never knew that about tick bites - thanks for the info Alis. Sounds very serious, I really hope this isn't what Ivo has.

I'm looking forward to the Barcelona final this afternoon. Although a Rafa win is almost guaranteed, Almagro is capable of pushing him on clay. Hope for some good claycourt tennis anyway.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2184 on: April 28, 2013, 02:34 PM »

I believe there is no cure for Lyme disease,you just have to manage it.We get lots of ticks in florida,nasty little creatures
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2185 on: April 28, 2013, 03:28 PM »

I never knew that about tick bites - thanks for the info Alis. Sounds very serious, I really hope this isn't what Ivo has.
As iamabritt says, ticks are very nasty insects.  They can cause disease in sheep and cattle as well as humans.  The other possibility could be viral meningitis.  Whatever, I'll be sending up a wee prayer for Ivo.  Poor guy.

I'm looking forward to the Barcelona final this afternoon. Although a Rafa win is almost guaranteed, Almagro is capable of pushing him on clay. Hope for some good claycourt tennis anyway.
3-0 to Almagro atm.

3-2 now and the umbrellas are up.  Hope the rain doesn't get any heavier.

3-3.  Predictable comeback from Nadal but the wet conditions aren't helping either player.

Nadal saves 3 BPs to go 5-4 up now.

6-4.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 28, 2013, 04:08 PM ] IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2186 on: April 28, 2013, 04:05 PM »

Well that was certainly a good break by Nadal to take the set.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2187 on: April 28, 2013, 04:08 PM »

Nadal seems to be making a bit of a habit of losing the first couple of games, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Looks like Rosol won the Bucharest title pretty convincingly
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2188 on: April 28, 2013, 04:09 PM »

^ I'm wondering if his recent slow starts are due to his knee.  Maybe it takes a few games to get it loosened up?

Almagro playing very well so far.  Gave Nadal a run for his money in the 1st.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2189 on: April 28, 2013, 04:11 PM »

Poor Almagro. Just ain't gonna be enough methinks.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 ... 670 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »