Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 ... 598 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players  (Read 109943 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3150 on: May 13, 2013, 11:32 PM »

Delighted - it will do him good. Once he grows up a bit, and stoke being so arrogant I will be a bit more tolerant of him.
I hope Raonic will reflect on how last year he said at a couple of interviews that his opponents would have to adapt to his game!
Really? What did he say?  shocking
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3151 on: May 13, 2013, 11:36 PM »

Milos is a smart cookie. He has been stuck in a groove with Galo Blanco but rightly has his eye on bigger prizes.
Good for him for recognising it is time to move on.

Here's his arrogance-free statement:

“I’m very grateful for everything Galo has done with me and my tennis. He helped me grow as a tennis player and as a person. I wouldn’t be where I am without him. We decided mutually its time to move in a different coaching direction and I wish him all the best in the future.”
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3152 on: May 14, 2013, 12:13 AM »

Kohlschreiber's tie-break record this year, particularly match tie-breaks, is insane.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3153 on: May 14, 2013, 12:15 AM »

Sounds like a brilliant match-up. Both players are usually great to watch.

Dimitrov has pushed him in their previous meeting on clay so let's see what he can do this time. I won't be able to see it though so that's a bummer.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3154 on: May 14, 2013, 02:12 PM »

Nice to see Chardy and Lopez go the distance, 2 and a half hours for Chardy is good for Andy, i'll be watching Potato starch vs Fed later, i'm convinced Fed will win but i'll be praying for miracles regardless.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3155 on: May 14, 2013, 02:34 PM »

Nice to see Chardy and Lopez go the distance, 2 and a half hours for Chardy is good for Andy, i'll be watching Potato starch vs Fed later, i'm convinced Fed will win but i'll be praying for miracles regardless.

Fed and Nadal are both playing Italians - will be interesting to see whether the crowd get told to shut up at all!

Chardy will play Nishi, who had to have a MTO for treatment in the 2nd set of his match last night. Almagro is out of Andy's quarter, lost to Benneteau.

It's funny that all the players (other than Djoko) who have beaten Nadal in the last year are in his quarter of the draw in Rome: Zeballos (Vina del Mar), Rosol, (Wimbledon), Kohli (Halle), and Verdasco (Madrid). If he does meet any of them - which is probably unlikely, I expect he'd get his revenge. Zeballos is out now, Rosol a break down in the 3rd v Troicki
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3156 on: May 14, 2013, 02:44 PM »

Milos is a smart cookie. He has been stuck in a groove with Galo Blanco but rightly has his eye on bigger prizes.
Good for him for recognising it is time to move on.

Here's his arrogance-free statement:

“I’m very grateful for everything Galo has done with me and my tennis. He helped me grow as a tennis player and as a person. I wouldn’t be where I am without him. We decided mutually its time to move in a different coaching direction and I wish him all the best in the future.”

Great post Linda. I don't get the hate for Raonic on this site. Just because he was confident going into matches with Andy, doesn't mean he's arrogant. I mean, he was respectful after defeat, and to me that's what matters. I'd much prefer the young generation to be confident about winning matches against top stars, because the sooner it happens, the better for Tennis.

I think a few on MW are little bit too upset that Raonic leads the H2H with Andy.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3157 on: May 14, 2013, 02:59 PM »

Rosol lost. Frown

Pretty boy is down a break in the 1st set. 5-3 Gasquet.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3158 on: May 14, 2013, 03:04 PM »

Rosol tanking for Roland Garos.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3159 on: May 14, 2013, 03:09 PM »

Great post Linda. I don't get the hate for Raonic on this site. Just because he was confident going into matches with Andy, doesn't mean he's arrogant. I mean, he was respectful after defeat, and to me that's what matters. I'd much prefer the young generation to be confident about winning matches against top stars, because the sooner it happens, the better for Tennis.

I think a few on MW are little bit too upset that Raonic leads the H2H with Andy.

Yea, but it's not a big lead, eh? 2 vs 1 but Andy has the important win. Besides, Andy doesn't take all the players super seriously all the time.

Raonic's H2H vs other top 2 isn't good at all though some close matches vs Federer but still. By his age, Sampras was not only able to win a Major, but he was also able to beat all the big boys and he was still 19. And he still kept his mouth shut after all those wins over top guns unlike Raonic. Talk about differences.

vs Federer: 0-4
vs Nadal: 0-3
vs Djokovic: 0-0
vs Murray: 1-2
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3160 on: May 14, 2013, 03:15 PM »

I don't think it's totally that. On principle I dislike any player who gives Murray a hard time, but Raonic's comments before the US Open were way over the top given his achievements to date. He redeemed himself a but with his comments aferwoulds, but then shot his mouth off again soon after.  It's possible to beat top ranked players whist still respecting what they have achieved. Nishikori is a case in point.

I agree with Michelle, if Raonic is to achieve more then he needs to develop his game beyond his serve. Murray neutralised is so brilliantly at the USO - there wasn't much left afterwoulds.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3161 on: May 14, 2013, 03:37 PM »

You may want to say goodbye to Dimitrov.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3162 on: May 14, 2013, 03:52 PM »

doh
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3163 on: May 14, 2013, 03:52 PM »

Goodbye Dimitrov, Goodbye Ana Ivanovic.

Stan back in action already, playing Berlocq. Went down 0-3 but has just broken back and will serve at 3-4
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3164 on: May 14, 2013, 04:33 PM »

After 25 minutes Djoko v qualifier Montanes is at 2-2. Played 41 points already, and both been broken.

Then a quick  service game for Djoko. Leads 3-2
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 ... 598 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »