Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 352 [353] 354 355 356 ... 691 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 146450 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5280 on: August 23, 2013, 01:20 PM »

I can't stand her shrieking either Bennie! You can tell when a player's grunting is helping them physically, but hers is all for effect! I can't believe that she actually admitted she only does it to distract her opponent! That's cheating in my book!  yes

Love that comment Caz I don't watch her cos I can't stand her shrieking
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5281 on: August 23, 2013, 01:23 PM »

^ Oops!  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5282 on: August 23, 2013, 03:25 PM »

Gael Monfils is 2 matches away from winning his first title since Oct 2011, 'mon the Mon
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5283 on: August 23, 2013, 08:17 PM »

I wasn't' aware of that. It is just ages since Wimbledon (a whole month....!!!), and he seemed to have dropped off the radar completely.
I seem to recall Tsonga pulling out of Montreal and Cincy, because I remember thinking that he had to pull out of Cincy last year as a result of running into a fire hydrant in Toronto and badly cutting his knee.  He doesn't seem to have much luck with knees!  He's not the sort of player anyway to make a big issue out of things.

My frustration over Nadal is colouring my perception generally about tennis at the moment. Apologies.
I'm starting to have a thought though.  Tsonga says he was told by doctors it would take five months for the tendon to fully heal, so could it possibly be that there's some truth in Nadal's story, even if it's a convenient one?  There's no doubt though that his coming back after 8 months out and winning everything in sight is still, shall we say, quite remarkable.

September sounds very optimistic. Petch suggested we might not see Jo again this year. I hope we do. He's one of my favourites.
I just hope he doesn't try to push himself too hard to play in Metz, but I can understand his reason for making it his goal since he won the title there in 2011 and 2012, and also it's home territory.

IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5284 on: August 23, 2013, 09:59 PM »

I seem to recall Tsonga pulling out of Montreal and Cincy, because I remember thinking that he had to pull out of Cincy last year as a result of running into a fire hydrant in Toronto and badly cutting his knee. 

I'm starting to have a thought though.  Tsonga says he was told by doctors it would take five months for the tendon to fully heal, so could it possibly be that there's some truth in Nadal's story, even if it's a convenient one?  There's no doubt though that his coming back after 8 months out and winning everything in sight is still, shall we say, quite remarkable.

Remain totally unconvinced about Kneedal. His purported knee problems have been going on for years. They are not simply the matter of a damaged tendon that can be treated and Tsonga can return to action. Didn't you say Tsonga retired from that match injured? Nadal fought on to the last game of that 5 setter against Rosol. He showed no indication of knee problems during that match. The knees were only given an airing by way of an excuse after the match. During his absence wasn't Kneedal playing golf, which is another sport hard on the knees? Since returning has Kneedal given any indication of joint protection techniques? I think you yourself drew attention to those photographs of him sitting back on his knees after his first win? No whatever the reason he was out for 7 months,  you can very sure his knees had nothing to do with it, (in my opinion).
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5285 on: August 23, 2013, 10:18 PM »

Remain totally unconvinced about Kneedal. His purported knee problems have been going on for years. They are not simply the matter of a damaged tendon that can be treated and Tsonga can return to action. Didn't you say Tsonga retired from that match injured? Nadal fought on to the last game of that 5 setter against Rosol. He showed no indication of knee problems during that match. The knees were only given an airing by way of an excuse after the match. During his absence wasn't Kneedal playing golf, which is another sport hard on the knees? Since returning has Kneedal given any indication of joint protection techniques? I think you yourself drew attention to those photographs of him sitting back on his knees after his first win? No whatever the reason he was out for 7 months,  you can very sure his knees had nothing to do with it, (in my opinion).
I wasn't excusing him Masaka, because I do think there's something extremely fishy going on here, just suggesting there could be a very convenient element of truth behind it all, but probably nothing more than the sort of niggle all the players are prone to suffering from.  Tsonga has a damaged tendon, and anyone who's ever had that will know just how painful and incapacitating it is.

Yes I do remember commenting on that photo and I also recall hearing that he was playing golf 'as part of his rehabilitation' which, as you say, seemed odd given the number of golfers who suffer from knee problems. 
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5286 on: August 23, 2013, 10:39 PM »

I wasn't excusing him Masaka, because I do think there's something extremely fishy going on here, just suggesting there could be a very convenient element of truth behind it all, but probably nothing more than the sort of niggle all the players are prone to suffering from.  Tsonga has a damaged tendon, and anyone who's ever had that will know just how painful and incapacitating it is.

Yes I do remember commenting on that photo and I also recall hearing that he was playing golf 'as part of his rehabilitation' which, as you say, seemed odd given the number of golfers who suffer from knee problems. 

Sorry being clumsier than usual at the moment in how I express myself. If people do/did want to excuse him then that is their prerogative. In the absence of any concrete evidence, any of it can only be a matter of conjecture, and opinion. I am just ratty with him for taking Murray's No 2 spot from him, because I don't think he has done it honestly. I hate the sycophancy towards somebody who to my black and white little brain has to be cheating somewhere along the line. Yet more apologies I wasn't getting at you - honest miss:-)

I am very tired at the moment for some reason -  never mind Mr M, I am still in my post Wimbledon slump......!!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5287 on: August 23, 2013, 10:54 PM »

Sorry being clumsier than usual at the moment in how I express myself. If people do/did want to excuse him then that is their prerogative. In the absence of any concrete evidence, any of it can only be a matter of conjecture, and opinion. I am just ratty with him for taking Murray's No 2 spot from him, because I don't think he has done it honestly. I hate the sycophancy towards somebody who to my black and white little brain has to be cheating somewhere along the line. Yet more apologies I wasn't getting at you - honest miss:-)

I am very tired at the moment for some reason -  never mind Mr M, I am still in my post Wimbledon slump......!!!
I didn't think you were getting at me, so no worries. Smile

Anyway you're far from being alone in having suspicions that Rafa probably, thanks to his Uncle Toni, is up to something.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5288 on: August 23, 2013, 11:05 PM »

Donald Young you legend Very Happy
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5289 on: August 23, 2013, 11:10 PM »

I seen that earlier lol
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5290 on: August 23, 2013, 11:19 PM »

For people interested, this event is going to be streamed live in about 2 hours time

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/08/34/Heritage-No1-Celebration.aspx
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5291 on: August 23, 2013, 11:24 PM »

I must admit that I find this sudden shoulder injury a little odd given that she hasn't played much tennis recently, unless she picked it up whilst practising.

To be fair she was off tour for a very long time with a career threatening injury to her rotator cuff - few players come back after that kind  shoulder surgery. Presume she has damaged the shoulder in practice and can't afford to take any chances (did read she was told not to play for several months)
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5292 on: August 24, 2013, 12:09 AM »

Shame James and Elena didn't qualify for the USO they both lost there matches
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5293 on: August 24, 2013, 02:52 AM »

Proddy happy. Smile

For people interested, this event is going to be streamed live in about 2 hours time

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/08/34/Heritage-No1-Celebration.aspx
Watched some of it but hadn't a clue who most of the players were, but then I didn't watch much tennis until 3 years ago.  Only Wimbledon.  Didn't have the facilities to watch other tournaments.

Shame James and Elena didn't qualify for the USO they both lost there matches
Frown
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5294 on: August 24, 2013, 06:52 PM »

Monfils had to retire injured in the Winston-Salem final against Melzer - he was down 3-6, 1-2 at the time. Injuries really have held Gael back so much in his career - he's got so much talent but there's always an injury that slows his progress down. Frown Hope he'll be ok for the USO.

Nice win for Melzer though. He's working with Galo Blanco now - it must feel good to win a title so early on in their coaching partnership.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 352 [353] 354 355 356 ... 691 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »