Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 417 [418] 419 420 421 ... 690 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 145425 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6255 on: October 30, 2013, 12:14 AM »

Supporting Ferrer on indoor courts, is like supporting the hound against the hare, it just shouldn't happen .
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6256 on: October 30, 2013, 11:55 AM »

Ferrer/Rosol was a bizarre match (and scoreline): 6-0, 2-6, 6-3.

David played well in the first set and then completely lost concentration for the next set and a bit before finally starting to find the court again later in the third. He was saying last week how tired he feels and it showed today - can't see him doing too well in Paris.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6257 on: October 30, 2013, 02:35 PM »

It would be nice to see Raonic do well after Pospisil's bad day against Andujar. Any hope of a Canadian getting in the top ten (either of them) next year so it would freshen the top 16 in main events? The current crop seem to be unable to up their level enough to compete against the top players regularly.  Both these two seem to have a good following on this forum.

Ferrer's performance as some of you imply was poor for him. If he plays Simon next his progress may be at risk if Giles had a good day. Simon does have good runs occasionally and can be dangerous to any player even the very best. I see he has just won against Mahut.

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6258 on: October 30, 2013, 02:57 PM »

Oh come on Stan! 6-3 3-6 v Lopez
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6259 on: October 30, 2013, 04:19 PM »

Ferrer's performance as some of you imply was poor for him. If he plays Simon next his progress may be at risk if Giles had a good day. Simon does have good runs occasionally and can be dangerous to any player even the very best. I see he has just won against Mahut.

I think he's definitely got a chance if Ferrer makes as many UEs as he did today as usually Gilles gives away very little (though he also made lots of UEs today).

I'm watching Delpo/Cilic now. The court seems to be playing so slow this year. Good to see Cilic back - he's playing pretty well considering.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6260 on: October 30, 2013, 06:08 PM »

Good day to watch today as most except Ferrar played well. Yesterday was mainly not good. Delpo was so controlled today. I am getting more and more impressed and feel that if he can control his power like this he will be the fourth best male tennis player next year. Rankings are not the measure here just based on my views!  I was partly won over watching him get bronze at the Olympics beating Novak. I liked his supporters - they were fun! Partisan but fair. No barracking of the opponent!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6261 on: October 31, 2013, 06:15 PM »

Andy on twitter 19th October - he was right!

Which players are making the world tour finals? I'm taking Stan roger and gasquet
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6262 on: October 31, 2013, 06:21 PM »

Funny all 8 of the players in the WTF are still in Paris, then there's a gap of the people below who aren't. If Nadal and Gasquet win then it will be all the players in the WTF remaining in the QFs of Paris - it will be like a mini WTF before the main event :]
[ Last edit by laundry October 31, 2013, 06:26 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6263 on: October 31, 2013, 06:22 PM »

Gascoke officially makes it.... I will not be watching next week.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6264 on: October 31, 2013, 06:26 PM »

Funny all 8 of the players in the WTF are still in Paris, then there's a gap of the people below who aren't.

All but three of the seeded players made it through to the last 16, and most of the top 9 are through to the quarters (2 matches to play yet).
I thought they were all supposed to be tanking once qualified!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6265 on: October 31, 2013, 06:42 PM »

Gascoke officially makes it.... I will not be watching next week.

Yes you will....stop talking shite
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6266 on: October 31, 2013, 09:00 PM »

Andy on twitter 19th October - he was right!

"Which players are making the world tour finals? I'm taking Stan roger and gasquet"

Andy hadn't forgotten! Posted today: "anyone know who got the final spots for the tour finals?..... oh"
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6267 on: October 31, 2013, 10:18 PM »

There we go then all the players in the WTF are the top 8 in Paris, wonder when that happened last? Guess we can't say the line-up is weak this year.

http://live-tennis.eu/race
[ Last edit by laundry October 31, 2013, 10:24 PM ] IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6268 on: October 31, 2013, 10:39 PM »

There we go then all the players in the WTF are the top 8 in Paris, wonder when that happened last? Guess we can't say the line-up is weak this year.

http://live-tennis.eu/race

They had something to play for.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6269 on: October 31, 2013, 11:42 PM »

Shame for Jerzy.

So much potential needs to be mentally there though.

baby steps
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 417 [418] 419 420 421 ... 690 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »