Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 ... 743 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 167241 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6600 on: November 09, 2013, 07:31 PM »

Angie you should have thrown a few tennis balls at him (I mean you could have hit him on the head).

Ha Maggie! I would have if there hadn't been netting up and about 2 million fawners in front of me
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6601 on: November 09, 2013, 07:44 PM »

It's fine it will be fun watching Nadal trounce OldFed.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6602 on: November 10, 2013, 12:41 PM »

Connor in general Smugfed fans are rude noisy and vicious. All you have to do is look back when Andy was playing the old man at the O2 I think their behaviour was appalling so I have no need to be sorry for my attitude towards them.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6603 on: November 10, 2013, 01:39 PM »

It's fine it will be fun watching Nadal trounce OldFed.

I thought you were a tennis fan. Tennis fans know Nadal never trounces Federer indoors. Ever. In fact he's only ever won one set against the Swiss.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6604 on: November 10, 2013, 05:17 PM »

Wrong Connor he was beaten today. I know Nadal tends not to play well indoors but he played well enough today to win. Federer is slower now and I cannot see him reaching another final it is time he accepted reality and retired with some grace.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6605 on: November 10, 2013, 05:17 PM »

:
I thought you were a tennis fan. Tennis fans know Nadal never trounces Federer indoors. Ever. In fact he's only ever won one set against the Swiss.
I hope you will now eat humble pie! hug
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6606 on: November 10, 2013, 05:17 PM »

You were saying..? Very Happy
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6607 on: November 10, 2013, 05:33 PM »

:I hope you will now eat humble pie! hug

You were saying..? Very Happy

A trouncing is normally considered something like 6-3 6-2 or 6-4 6-1. This was 7-5 6-3, it was hardly easy for Rafa. Not a trouncing at all, so Michelle you can put that humble pie back in the fridge as it will not need to be eaten today and Linda, well I told you so.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6608 on: November 10, 2013, 06:57 PM »

Wrong Connor he was beaten today. I know Nadal tends not to play well indoors but he played well enough today to win. Federer is slower now and I cannot see him reaching another final it is time he accepted reality and retired with some grace.
And I thought Connor was a Nadal fan!

Unfortunately it doesn't look like Fed will retire any time soon.  He's quoted on the BBC as saying that he was quite content with his underdog status, at least for the WTF, but also that he intends working hard so's he can play next season and hopefully do well.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6609 on: November 10, 2013, 08:25 PM »

Federer will never beat Nadal again.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6610 on: November 10, 2013, 08:57 PM »

Federer will never beat Nadal again.

This is not certain, Nadal is going to have a bad year next year. Nothing is going to match the success of this year, he's bound to have a lay off year. Every pro does after their most successful. I think Federer will rise again in form and beat Nadal again.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6611 on: November 11, 2013, 11:35 AM »

This is not certain, Nadal is going to have a bad year next year. Nothing is going to match the success of this year, he's bound to have a lay off year. Every pro does after their most successful. I think Federer will rise again in form and beat Nadal again.

I was there and and enjoyed Nadal and Federer play but thought the tennis not as good as I would have expected. Both players looked capable up to 4-4 in the first set and then it started to become a match of who would lose rather than win. There seemed to be so many errors when on a good day they would have been winners?

I wanted to see the unforced error/winners stats to confirm what actually happened but cannot find them anywhere. I looked at the BBC as it happened page and there comments at the end seemed appropriate. There was an audience all willing Federer to win but he couldn't! Can you help with the stats please?

One issue: Why do Fed fans cheer and chant at errors by the opponent and never applaud a good shot from them? My Italian neighbour at the O2 said that the show was what was important and not the result!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6612 on: November 11, 2013, 01:22 PM »

I was there and and enjoyed Nadal and Federer play but thought the tennis not as good as I would have expected. Both players looked capable up to 4-4 in the first set and then it started to become a match of who would lose rather than win. There seemed to be so many errors when on a good day they would have been winners?

I wanted to see the unforced error/winners stats to confirm what actually happened but cannot find them anywhere. I looked at the BBC as it happened page and there comments at the end seemed appropriate. There was an audience all willing Federer to win but he couldn't! Can you help with the stats please?

One issue: Why do Fed fans cheer and chant at errors by the opponent and never applaud a good shot from them? My Italian neighbour at the O2 said that the show was what was important and not the result!

Federer hit 2 more winners than Rafa but made more unforced errors, it was close. By no means was it a trouncing as some on here thought it was by trying to make me eat humble pie.

* Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 13.20.39.png (535.41 KB, 1050x669 - viewed 7 times.)
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6613 on: November 11, 2013, 05:42 PM »

Federer hit 2 more winners than Rafa but made more unforced errors, it was close. By no means was it a trouncing as some on here thought it was by trying to make me eat humble pie.

THANK YOU. The stats for the match at least do back up what I thought that I had seen.

It was a good thing to be there. I just was very conscious that Federer kept missing that last shot! Feel pleased that I have now seen both Nadal and Federer play live. At least I may have seen a GOAT or two? They can change with time! Also good that it was a game where you could see why Federer was so good even though not at this best now. Better to see him yesterday than to wait until he is well past his best?  He made Nadal play a long behind the base line as he did to all opponents this last week. Unfortunately for him Nadal is better than all at defence.

Next year, with my daughter, we intend to try to get tickets for both semis as long as we can afford them! We want to see Andy and Novak if both are still doing as well as anticipated!

Hoping to get back to work this week after my accident. No tennis to watch so might as well? I have learnt a lot and found some good IT links from you guys at Murraysworld whilst I have been stuck at home. No tennis other than the Davis Cup Final now so I might as well go back?

I note that the live rankings do not take account of the final Davis Cup points so end of year positions are not confirmed after the WTF at O2 but after the DC Final? Only Berdych and Federer could exchange places?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6614 on: November 14, 2013, 10:25 PM »

Davis Cup Final, Serbia v Czech Rep.

Tipsarevic is still injured, and Troicki suspended - so  23-year-old Dusan Lajovic (WR 117) will play his first ever best of 5 set match tomorrow against Berdych!

Djoko v Stepanek play first
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 ... 743 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »