Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 670 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 133524 times)
laundry
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #240 on: March 07, 2013, 09:31 PM »

Laura owning the return games.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #241 on: March 07, 2013, 10:04 PM »

This game at 5-5 on Laura's serve is going on a long time!

EDIT: Oh no she got broke Frown
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #242 on: March 07, 2013, 10:08 PM »

Lead 6-2, 4-1 but seems to have fallen apart since, winning just one game from the last six.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #243 on: March 07, 2013, 10:09 PM »

Oh she broke back to love! TB time.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #244 on: March 07, 2013, 10:12 PM »

Ah balls getting beat in the TB.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #245 on: March 07, 2013, 10:46 PM »

Wow she got destroyed in that 3rd, both girls out :/
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #246 on: March 08, 2013, 03:00 AM »

Wow she got destroyed in that 3rd, both girls out :/
Shame. Frown
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #247 on: March 08, 2013, 05:34 AM »

Baghdatis beaten 6-0, 7-6(3) by qualifier Daniel Brands.  I didn't expect that one. Think
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #248 on: March 08, 2013, 10:36 AM »

Baghdatis beaten 6-0, 7-6(3) by qualifier Daniel Brands.  I didn't expect that one. Think

Me neither - I predicted him to get quite far in the ATP challenge too! Though Brands does play that type of all-or-nothing tennis that can be dangerous when he's on form.

Shame that Laura lost - she seemed to be winning so comfortably too.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #249 on: March 08, 2013, 11:58 AM »

Laura's on a three match losing streak. I really hope all this fame and money from the latest sponsporship isn't getting to her head.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #250 on: March 08, 2013, 01:50 PM »

Laura's on a three match losing streak. I really hope all this fame and money from the latest sponsporship isn't getting to her head.

I'm sure it must add a bit of pressure. Such a pity, as it seemed to be going so well, despite some dodgy serving

From BBC website: She let a 4-1 lead slip in the second set before being dominated in the deciding set, winning just one game.

"I would say a little bit more nervous than normal - when you go through a tough patch it is hard to get the first win back and I really wanted it today," said Robson. "That maybe made it a bit worse."
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #251 on: March 08, 2013, 05:25 PM »

Sounds as if she puts a lot of pressure on herself.
Good luck Laura yay
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #252 on: March 09, 2013, 08:36 PM »

Anderson grabs the second set against Ferrer 6-4.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #253 on: March 09, 2013, 11:46 PM »

Ferrer is out! Always seems to struggle here. Opens draw up for Berdych more than anyone else.

Actually, if Lorenzi can see off Simon (up a double break in the 3rd), there will be 4 non-seeded players (Paire, Lorenzi, Nieminen, Anderson) in that section of the draw to make the QFs.

Seeds falling like flies today - Paire destroyed Kohly today - 2&4. Great result for him. Nieminen hammered Verdasco 0&1(!), Leo Mayer took out Youzhny and Hewitt took out Isner.

Federer up 5-1 against Istomin and Janowicz/Nalbandian are in a 3rd in one of the most intriguing ties of the round.

Edit: Oh wow, Lorenzi cracks up 40-15 serving for the match and throws it all a way. Simon back in it at 3-5, still down a break but game on.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter March 10, 2013, 12:01 AM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #254 on: March 09, 2013, 11:47 PM »

Also going to use this opportunity to shamelessly plug my new twitter account - basically up to date info, and general comments on all the latest results, from the ATP tour through the up and comers on the Challenger tour (the ones like Andy's opponent tomorrow who could soon be playing on the regular tour)  to the ones to watch out for and Brits doing well at Futures level.

If you're interested in hearing all the latest the link is below. Even if you don't use twitter that much a follow would still be appreciated to boost the measly 7 I have now. Thanks, TD out.

https://twitter.com/TennisDispatch
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 670 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »