Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 601 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players  (Read 110660 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #645 on: March 17, 2013, 01:12 AM »

I had a sneaking suspicion that Delpo would win today - he's been in blistering form and Djoko, like Andy, has struggled a bit.  I'd like to see him take his first Masters but my guess is that yesterday and today will have taken too much out of him.  With the walk over in the third round, Rafa hasn't been on court for nearly as long and also finished much earlier today - fatigue may well be the governing factor.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #646 on: March 17, 2013, 01:17 AM »

Del Potro is conditioned a lot better this year, so fatigue should not be much of a factor. And in the grand scheme of things Rafito is a lot more injured then Juan is.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #647 on: March 17, 2013, 01:19 AM »

Del Potro is conditioned a lot better this year, so fatigue should not be much of a factor. And in the grand scheme of things Rafito is a lot more injured then Juan is.

Rafa is injured? If you are referring to knees then they are not troubling him. He has been running and getting some crazy balls back into play, especially against Federer.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #648 on: March 17, 2013, 01:24 AM »

^^ And Delpo is supposed to have a wrist injury, that needs icing every night ...
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #649 on: March 17, 2013, 01:25 AM »

to all the people who has spent quality time on here saying that none of the other 3 lose like Andy does, Novak got his serve broken 5 times in this match, he blew a 3-0 lead in the final set and he got beaten by a guy who played longer than he did the day before, proof that it does happen to the others Smile
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #650 on: March 17, 2013, 01:28 AM »

Hail Hail Delpo, put up with a lot after his injury. Top Marks.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #651 on: March 17, 2013, 01:31 AM »

Now how should we react to this?
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #652 on: March 17, 2013, 01:32 AM »

I see ATP have been doing a spot of fixing. That's one for the Daily Mail to devour and feed on.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #653 on: March 17, 2013, 01:33 AM »

Rafa is injured? If you are referring to knees then they are not troubling him. He has been running and getting some crazy balls back into play, especially against Federer.

Muger played **** that match, so I wouldn't read into that at all. Rafa is still not 100%, he's ROS is woeful and his serve is not that great either. Del Potro is going to troll him tomorrow with his serving.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #654 on: March 17, 2013, 01:36 AM »

Now how should we react to this?

Ignore it I think! It was the same for Delpo - he was down as losing as well. I was  surprised to see results for IW already though,
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #655 on: March 17, 2013, 01:37 AM »

Let's not get carried away with Delpotro this week eh?

You only have to look back to last years Indian Wells tournament, John Isner beat Novak in the semis and look how things are for Isner now?

The conditions here are difficult for certain players, i will reserve judgment on wether Delpotro is back as a real contender beyond this tournament.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #656 on: March 17, 2013, 01:41 AM »

Let's not get carried away with Delpotro this week eh?

You only have to look back to last years Indian Wells tournament, John Isner beat Novak in the semis and look how things are for Isner now?

The conditions here are difficult for certain players, i will reserve judgment on wether Delpotro is back as a real contender beyond this tournament.

Well considering Del Potro rarely does well here and has an injured left wrist I think it's safe to say it's been a great tournament for him. And it's not like he hasn't got a title this season either.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #657 on: March 17, 2013, 01:41 AM »

Well considering Del Potro rarely does well here and has an injured left wrist I think it's safe to say it's been a great tournament for him. And it's not like he hasn't got a title this season either.

Spoke like a true MTF member.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #658 on: March 17, 2013, 01:47 AM »

I remained confused throughout the match as to who to support. As MH already mentioned, while this loss puts Andy's loss into proper perspective, people will get carried away and say Del Potro is way better than Andy. Some are already saying Del Potro would have been this or that had he not been injured all this time and all that blah, blah, blah stuff quickly forgetting that injuries are very much part of the game. Anyway, this tournament favours Del Potro a great deal no doubt and Nadal too so that's something to keep in mind. It is still one tournament and the final outcome of the whole year. Some players tend to do well in certain tournaments and maybe this week it's Del Potro's time. Nadal will be undoubtedly fresher of the two come tomorrow but Del Potro has yet to win a Masters; would be really sad if he came this close only to lose. And he's definitely beaten two key hard court players to get this for so that's quite noteworthy despite the favourable surface, support, conditions etc.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #659 on: March 17, 2013, 01:51 AM »

Horacio Zeballos, Richard Gasquet, Janko Tipsarevic, Milos Raonic, Kei Nishikori and Ernest Gulbis all have titles this year, what's your point?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 601 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »