MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 859 Reply

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

I've said it time and time again that the Fedal era has done more damages to this beautiful sport than good. The fans today can’t get into matches if they don’t involve names like those two. It takes an enormous effort for any player today, who is not named Federer or Nadal, to get any true recognition because things are constantly judged by those two’s standard. Even the youngsters suffer constantly because they are set up to live to that kind of false high expectation set out by the organizers, comms, fans etc. Instead we see a bunch of mental midgets who tend to collapse even before they walk into a court.  Terrible time in tennis.
IP Logged

Why not?  Is yet there yet again one rule for him and another for other players?  Also if Nadal has nothing to hide then he should be willing to undergo such an examination.  At least it might have the effect of putting an end to all the negative speculation about what's been going on over the past few months.

Because it would then essentially get very tricky for ATP. Then there's the lawsuit factor so unless they have something in the procedure or at least develop one (I do see some players protesting it as if there’s no tomorrow – Nadal in particular) I don't see things changing a bit. Even their drug testing model is below standard so there’s not much hope. They can’t even implement their rules properly let alone call on it.
IP Logged

Has anyone else noted Andreas Seppi's first appearance in the top twenty? In the last 6 months he has quietly been doing much better than in the past.

I have noticed Seppi's rise. He has discovered his game a tad too far on in his career. He is 27 now.
IP Logged

Seppi is playing very well though he's got a very tough path in Miami. Will be interesting to see how far he goes here.
IP Logged

Because it would then essentially get very tricky for ATP. Then there's the lawsuit factor so unless they have something in the procedure or at least develop one (I do see some players protesting it as if there’s no tomorrow – Nadal in particular) I don't see things changing a bit. Even their drug testing model is below standard so there’s not much hope. They can’t even implement their rules properly let alone call on it.
  I agree though on the face of it this could be done  in practice it would cause problems. This kind of action cannot be carried out unilaterally without the accusation of victimisation.
IP Logged

Excellent posts Clementine and EJ - I couldn't agree with you more.   clap clap clap
IP Logged

Heather Watson is well into a third set now against Ayumi Morita. She won the first set 6-1, lost the second 7-5 and now its 5-4 to Morita in the third with Hev serving to stay in it.
IP Logged

Heather lost. Frown Real shame after winning the first set 6-1.
IP Logged

Why not?  Is yet there yet again one rule for him and another for other players?  Also if Nadal has nothing to hide then he should be willing to undergo such an examination.  At least it might have the effect of putting an end to all the negative speculation about what's been going on over the past few months.

Just seen the picture of Nadal celebrating his win in IW: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-01-30/rafa-nadal-celebrates-win/3800370

You really would not get into that position if you had any fears for your knees, surely?
IP Logged

Just seen the picture of Nadal celebrating his win in IW: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-01-30/rafa-nadal-celebrates-win/3800370

You really would not get into that position if you had any fears for your knees, surely?

That was last year at the Aussie Open.
IP Logged

And he managed to win minus his right leg.
IP Logged

And he managed to win minus his right leg.

He lost in the final.
IP Logged

Oops, you're right it's not Sunday's match - sorry.
But it is the identical pose that he made after IW - it's on page 53 of the paper copy of today's Times, so my comment still stands.  Maybe someone can post it from another source.

EDIT Found a picture from The Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/mar/19/weekly-sports-diary-nadal-raikkonen to make my point.
[ Last edit by matchpoint March 19, 2013, 08:01 PM ] IP Logged

He lost in the final.
Didnt say he won the final.
IP Logged

How could anyopne with a sore knee do this?  I am surprised that he is not taking more care of it than this as his doctors are supposed of told him to be very careful.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 859 Reply