Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 744 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 168494 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #960 on: March 20, 2013, 06:57 PM »

Quite interesting that Nadal can still do this despite his constant knee problem.

Totally agree - there's no way a guy who has genuine knee problems would do that. In a court of law that would be prime evidence that the defendant was guilty!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #961 on: March 20, 2013, 06:59 PM »

I wish I could persuade my damaged knees to do that. I wonder what his magic treatment is. Perhaps he should share it with the rest of us. It also strikes me that he is showing absolutely no concern about protecting his pupportedly seriously damaged knees. Joint protection techniques are obviously only for wusses like me.
Apparently he's skipping Miami on medical advice in order to rest said knee.  From that pic it looks like it might need a good bit of TLC. Rolling Eyes

Totally agree - there's no way a guy who has genuine knee problems would do that. In a court of law that would be prime evidence that the defendant was guilty!
Ever since he came back it's been obvious there's nothing seriously wrong with his knee.  I've never seen him show any signs of having a limp or even wincing in pain - and look how Andy sometimes winces due to his bipartite patella - yet he's been racing round the court, bending, twisting and turning as you would expect a fully fit player to do.

[ Last edit by Aileen March 20, 2013, 07:05 PM ] IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #962 on: March 20, 2013, 07:28 PM »

I take a large number of painkillers. Trust me they don't make a blind bit of difference to the mobility in my joints. The drugs I take help stop me screaming when I move sometimes, they don't enable me to chuck my stick away and start running marathons.

Perhaps it is me, Nadal is a complete freak of nature. He must be such a brave little warrior, valiently fighting the pain in his completely destroyed knees, so that he can charge around a tennis court for hours. I must be a complete wimp.

In my opinion Nadals knee saga is complete bulls***t.

I think the problem is that we don't know exactly the severity of his knee condition anyway - his camp never reveal much information. Tendonitis can heal with rest, and recur when aggravated. I don't see what benefit he could gain from lying about the injury anyway.

It's obvious that right now his knee is fine though - as would be expected with him having had so much time off to rest it.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #963 on: March 20, 2013, 07:31 PM »

I am beginning to think Nadal is at it. As others have said I cannot understand how he runs about all the tine if he has a bad knee. I think the ATP should be able to examine him and find out just how much damage has done to his knee. He should not be allowed to have such long breaks with a suspect injury unless it can be proven that he has such an injury. I think about all the commotion about Andy's back last year when Davydenko made all the accusations about him feigning injury. No one has made that accusation about Nadal. It is time for the ATP to get to the bottom of this. Nadal is getting away with it,it's time to get to the bottom of it and find out what if anything is wrong with him.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #964 on: March 20, 2013, 07:42 PM »

I am beginning to think Nadal is at it. As others have said I cannot understand how he runs about all the tine if he has a bad knee. I think the ATP should be able to examine him and find out just how much damage has done to his knee. He should not be allowed to have such long breaks with a suspect injury unless it can be proven that he has such an injury. I think about all the commotion about Andy's back last year when Davydenko made all the accusations about him feigning injury. No one has made that accusation about Nadal. It is time for the ATP to get to the bottom of this. Nadal is getting away with it,it's time to get to the bottom of it and find out what if anything is wrong with him.
Well said, LB.  I have no objection to him having time off - he can take as long as he likes as far as I'm concerned - but it's the constant rumour and counter-rumour that irks me, and that includes the anger I feel when I hear him being lauded now like a hero by the media.

There's also talk of a Nadal/Djokovic rivalry with Andy, as usual, being pushed out of the picture.  A bit premature this, is it not if Nadal's knee is still a genuine issue?   
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #965 on: March 20, 2013, 07:48 PM »

Just heard on the radio, dear little Heather Watson saying she is "burnt out" and "needs time away from tennis." She sounded really down.
Such a shame, although the rewards are huge, it's a tough life.

It's such a shame. Will be awful if she doesn't live up to her potential. Hope Judy has had an opportunity to talk to her and give her some advice. We are so desparate in Britain to have more top players we don't give these young ones a chance to develop their game at a reasonable pace and shove them into the limelight in that desperation often before they are mentally mature enough to handle it.

As for Nadal he is a manufactured player not a natural one in my opinion possibly just a family money making machine. Think maybe there is more than just health issues behind this most recent abscence. Where is uncle tony. Not so visible now?  Who knows, we don't and maybe never will unless someone writes an exposé in years to come.  confused
[ Last edit by Tessie March 20, 2013, 07:53 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #966 on: March 20, 2013, 07:57 PM »

My knee story:

When I was 14 yrs old, I hurt my knee very badly while playing tennis. After investigation, I was given two options: Surgery or Management. I was also advised that surgery could leave me with a permanent limp.
I decided against surgery.

After rest, painkillers and physio rehab, I continued to be an active young adult, and followed the doc's orders on how to 'manage' my knee.
There were often painful stretches of time, but I was young and worked very hard on my quads and core so that I could protect the patella and my lumbar discs (because if you have knee problems, you usually start relying on your back).

I managed it so well I became a certified fitness instructor, and did this successfully for several years. Often, I would wear an elastic bandage when training & teaching, and I was also advised by my Orthopedic surgeon to wear a ridiculously looking and expensive knee support (I bought it and probably wore it twice.)

Alas.. it caught up with me eventually, and I've had surgery twice on my left knee, and also back surgery. All successful, no limp Smile

My point is.. I had been very active and fit from a young age, and continued to be even after the knee problem.
I still am.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #967 on: March 20, 2013, 08:14 PM »

Yes I must admit I am happy about uncle Toni being missing. I feel as thought that he pushed Nadal too far at times. I think there is more to it than that. We will wait and see, I thinks Nadal has other problems as well there has been a lot of speculation about his mental health apart from his physical well being.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #968 on: March 20, 2013, 08:32 PM »

The heyday of commentators and the press are being diluted.

This is the age of twitter where anyone with a phone and a twitter account can post comments/pics of anything a celebrity eats and shits, and the whole world can view/forward it in an instant.. without requiring a twitter account.

Most people don't read newspapers anymore. I don't.

IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #969 on: March 20, 2013, 08:35 PM »

I agree with you Masaka about the painkillers.  I have had hip problems for years and took painkillers as they becam worse the movement would still be very painful.

I have had one replaced and no longer have the pain except in the muscles I have to reprogramme.  The painkillers do work on them but they still do nothing for the other hip.

I agree that the ATP should be able to ask for an independent opinion on his knees as there is no explanantion as to what is wrong and because of his miraculous recovery.  I feel very sorry for Rafa as I have always felt he is a money making machine and the OCD can be an side effect of this stress.  It is a shame as he does have a great talent but I wonder if he really wanted to play tennis.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #970 on: March 20, 2013, 08:36 PM »

The heyday of commentators and the press are being diluted.

This is the age of twitter where anyone with a phone and a twitter account can post comments/pics of anything a celebrity eats and shits, and the whole world can view/forward it in an instant.. without requiring a twitter account.

Most people don't read newspapers anymore. I don't.

Is it only me who finds this a little sad?  I would never subscribe to Facebook or Twitter.  I like my privacy too much. 
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #971 on: March 20, 2013, 08:37 PM »

Is it only me who finds this a little sad?  I would never subscribe to Facebook or Twitter.  I like my privacy too much. 
I don't either, Elly. But that's the reality.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #972 on: March 20, 2013, 08:39 PM »

I don't either, Elly. But that's the reality.
Yeah - I know, chuck.  I don't think it's a good reality, mind...
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #973 on: March 20, 2013, 08:41 PM »

Me too Elly.  I do not like the idea of being "followed" or me following anyone else for the pleasure of knowing everything they do and say and who they're friendly with.  It seems that privacy has become a scarce commodity in today's world.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #974 on: March 20, 2013, 08:49 PM »

^ Yup.  For me, if you have friends - then get together with them and enjoy each other's company face to face. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 744 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »