Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 669 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 132578 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1080 on: March 23, 2013, 02:38 AM »

When did Rosol get that tattoo down his leg.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1081 on: March 23, 2013, 02:40 AM »

They are there already lol
Cheeky little monkey. Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1082 on: March 23, 2013, 03:07 AM »

Looks like Rosol's being well and truly rissoled.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1083 on: March 23, 2013, 07:00 AM »

Del Potro just doesn't have the endurance of the top players, either mentally or physically.

Post match interview he mentioned his wrist again.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1084 on: March 23, 2013, 08:46 AM »

That must have been pretty scary for everyone.  I was once in a supermarket when all the lights failed.  Fortunately they got a backup system going very quickly which at least allowed shoppers to leave safely, after paying for their goods, of course.  Me - I just dumped my basket and headed straight for the exit!

I had the same thing last year. Thought it was quite exciting personally. Bit of a pain for those currently on the checkouts though I imagine - they were still rebooting the tills when I went to pay about five minutes later.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1085 on: March 23, 2013, 08:47 AM »

Post match interview he mentioned his wrist again.
Funny how he didn't mention the wrist when he was winning matches.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1086 on: March 23, 2013, 11:26 AM »

Disappointed in the Delpo result last night. It's a match he definitely let slip away, after serving for the first set (and having chances to win it 6-2). Poor effort from him in the second set as well. Though Kamke deserves a lot of credit for taking his chances to beat a top player - very good tennis from him.

Fatigue was probably a factor, and Delpo's fitness isn't that great either - he's definitely a long way below the top 4 in that regard. I wasn't expecting him to do as well here, but didn't expect such an early exit (I thought he'd lose in the QF). I don't think the wrist would've been a big issue in the match - he had the same problem last week but was still able to do really well.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1087 on: March 23, 2013, 11:33 AM »

The wrist was mentioned throughout Indian Wells actually...
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1088 on: March 23, 2013, 12:45 PM »

That must have been pretty scary for everyone.  I was once in a supermarket when all the lights failed.  Fortunately they got a backup system going very quickly which at least allowed shoppers to leave safely, after paying for their goods, of course.  Me - I just dumped my basket and headed straight for the exit!
I had the same thing last year. Thought it was quite exciting personally. Bit of a pain for those currently on the checkouts though I imagine - they were still rebooting the tills when I went to pay about five minutes later.
In 2003 we had a massive power outage which affected the Northeast and Mid West. Over 55 milllion people were affected. We had no power for 2 days, but what was really scary was finding out our cell-phones wouldn't work, you had to have a land-line. Also, it originated in New York so initially there were rumours abound that it may be a terrorist attack (post 9/11 just 2 years earlier) but you couldn't find out anything because no phone/computer/tv. It was just like you see in the movies. You don't realise how much you rely on electricity until you don't have it.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1089 on: March 23, 2013, 12:49 PM »

I haven't seen any of the matches, so thanks for the info folks.

DelPo sounds like he needs some rest. Hope he gets his wrist sorted soon.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1090 on: March 23, 2013, 01:45 PM »

Harsh. Adrenaline helps you perform through pain, but once it wears off Frown
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1091 on: March 23, 2013, 01:55 PM »

I actually didn't hear about Delpo mentioning his wrist much-according to a journo on twitter, he wouldn't cite fatigue as a reason for the loss,and said he hadn't had any wrist pain during the day either.He said he just a bad day and Kamke played really well.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1092 on: March 23, 2013, 01:58 PM »

So Del Po is out but I guess that's no longer news. I caught a few games of the 2nd set and he seemed he pretty much gave at the point and only went for shots that were within his striking zone. Otherwise he was all over the place and also, didn't move well at all. I don't think he's recovered from the last tournament fully well yet. Will be interesting to see how he fares come clay season which seems to suit his game very well.

And Rosol seems to be on a two year long recovery period. Somehow managed to win only one game off Nole. And Nole is always brilliant against these sort of players. Bit of a show off here I'd day.  
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1093 on: March 23, 2013, 02:00 PM »

My TV 'coverage' doesn't start until Monday.  Rolling Eyes
Why bother paying extra for sports channels, I ask?

We do have coverage starting from today at 3:30pm this afternoon; I am not sure though if that will be live or they will just start from two hours behind.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1094 on: March 23, 2013, 02:04 PM »

The wrist was mentioned throughout Indian Wells actually...
And yet he seemed fine when he was beating Murray and Djokovic. But the minute he loses, out come the excuses. His wrist clearly isn't as bad as his fans would like to make out.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 669 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »