Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 ... 690 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 144337 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1140 on: March 24, 2013, 08:00 PM »

The conditions must be very tough to play in - Ferrer said he was struggling with the heat in the second set today.
Fortunately I think the conditions are going to be less hot and humid tomorrow.  Even Andy was commenting on the heat yesterday, saying it was "unbelievable".  
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1141 on: March 24, 2013, 09:58 PM »

Isner was a set and break down when I last saw him. Didn't think he'd come through.

Novak is through in two easy sets.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1142 on: March 24, 2013, 10:31 PM »

Would have liked to watch Querrey vs Raonic tomorrow but that too will be well over before I come home (or may just catch the end of it), so basically I am left with Isner vs Cilic. That's not too bad.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1143 on: March 24, 2013, 10:38 PM »

Fortunately I think the conditions are going to be less hot and humid tomorrow.  Even Andy was commenting on the heat yesterday, saying it was "unbelievable". 
Its very grey and windy here today,so I think there will other things to contend with.We have also had rain on and off .
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1144 on: March 24, 2013, 10:44 PM »

Fortunately I think the conditions are going to be less hot and humid tomorrow.  Even Andy was commenting on the heat yesterday, saying it was "unbelievable". 

That's good news - it must be very draining playing in the humidity. At least Andy's used to the Miami weather so he should have an advantage there.

Its very grey and windy here today,so I think there will other things to contend with.We have also had rain on and off .

It seemed to be windy on the courts today - some crazy bounces at times! Hope the rain stays away...
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1145 on: March 24, 2013, 11:18 PM »

It looked sunny in Miami earlier but it started to get dull in the late afternoon.  On the BBC news it said there had been a huge thunderstorm in Florida but as they're still playing it obviously hasn't affected Miami.  Hope you missed it as well.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1146 on: March 24, 2013, 11:26 PM »

Quite a battle going on between Kamke and Melzer atm.  Looks set to go to a 3rd but I think Melzer will win.  Kamke fading a little in the 2nd.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1147 on: March 25, 2013, 12:15 AM »

Would have liked to watch Querrey vs Raonic tomorrow but that too will be well over before I come home (or may just catch the end of it), so basically I am left with Isner vs Cilic. That's not too bad.
It's an interesting match-up but will be the king of all serve-fests.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1148 on: March 25, 2013, 12:19 AM »

I'd probably like Raonic to win because he'll be able to put up a better fight against Berdych than Querrey. I know I am writing Falla off but that's because I don't think he'll be able to do much at this point/

Kamke out but not too surprising. Melzer had been terrible though but good win tonight. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1149 on: March 25, 2013, 12:24 AM »

I'd probably like Raonic to win because he'll be able to put up a better fight against Berdych than Querrey. I know I am writing Falla off but that's because I don't think he'll be able to do much at this point/

Kamke out but not too surprising. Melzer had been terrible though but good win tonight. 
It's now known that Delpo flew back to Tandil straight after the Kamke match "to attend to family issues" which he said had affected his concentration.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1150 on: March 25, 2013, 12:28 AM »

It's now known that Delpo flew back to Tandil straight after the Kamke match "to attend to family issues" which he said had affected his concentration.

Hope everything's alright back home. I must admit though, I didn't think he'd go far here in Miami.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1151 on: March 25, 2013, 01:12 AM »

Anyone watch the Ivanovic/Kuznetsova match?

I'm a big fan of Ana's,and was delighted to see her play better than I've seen her play in ages.She won 6-3, 6-3 Very Happy
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1152 on: March 25, 2013, 07:17 AM »

Anyone watch the Ivanovic/Kuznetsova match?

I'm a big fan of Ana's,and was delighted to see her play better than I've seen her play in ages.She won 6-3, 6-3 Very Happy

Saw her play at RG  beating Jelena J, a few years ago when her form was stellar. Excellent match. JJ was taking the ball really early on the up rise, looked impressive. Her form has really faded too.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1153 on: March 25, 2013, 08:02 AM »

Wankovic is back to her best too.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1154 on: March 25, 2013, 10:50 AM »

Wankovic is back to her best too.

Really?Is that kind of nickname really necessary? I don't find it nice,or funny,or anything.
 She's not really,she's not at her best yet,but she is playing much,much better than she was,thank goodness.Last night was a very pleasant surprise.

Saw her play at RG  beating Jelena J, a few years ago when her form was stellar. Excellent match. JJ was taking the ball really early on the up rise, looked impressive. Her form has really faded too.

Wow,lucky you-what a brilliant match that must have been to be at!I know,it's been such a shame to see.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 ... 690 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »