Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 690 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 145143 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1275 on: March 27, 2013, 05:07 PM »

And they say Andy has no personality?? The guy looks as if he's out of his face!  A bit of a well fed Michael Jackson...
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1276 on: March 27, 2013, 06:27 PM »

Watching the post Nole video last night ,he said the ball wouldn't bounce and he got too many unforced errros 20 somthing.he said he just didn't feel good on the court ,it was just an off day.it was very cold for miami ,its very cold today 49 degrees this morning in Tampa
Djoko made 31 UEs, 19 of them off his forehand.  I agree it was a pretty woeful display from an increasing rattled Nole, but that doesn't alter the fact that Haas was playing some superb tennis.

Now this is either him being arrogant or being clever and creating hype, I'm not sure which it is... Now he can suck  up to his elders and be boring, or he can throw comments like that in, to create media hype around the match and build the tension. In my eyes tension around the match is always good. As long as he's willing to suck it up and accept defeat when he loses, like he did in the USO against Andy, I see nothing wrong with it. In fact I kinda like his attitude compared to the likes of Dimitrov, Goffin, and the other ones in the young crop. Milos is confident, he has ATP titles and is not a born choker like the rest of the new crop.
I don't see Milos generally as being arrogant however he might come across in that video.  He certainly isn't short on confidence and knows what he's doing and where he wants to go but at the same time he's a realistic, down-to-earth guy.
[ Last edit by Aileen March 27, 2013, 06:33 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1277 on: March 27, 2013, 08:33 PM »

Ferrer 5-2 down. Andy's road is about to blow the **** open if Ferrer loses here.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1278 on: March 27, 2013, 08:35 PM »

It's good, but I do think it pays to be respectful of whichever opponent he faces.  I'm sure that's what Andy would think.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1279 on: March 27, 2013, 08:48 PM »

Just heard Ferrer get a warning for swearing.  Just unfortunate for him that so many people in that part of the world speak Spanish.

1st to Melzer anyway, not that I've watched it all, just the last two games.  Come on wee Daveed!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1280 on: March 27, 2013, 08:51 PM »

Ferrer 5-2 down. Andy's road is about to blow the sh*t open if Ferrer loses here.
Given Ferrer's recent form I think Haas is bigger threat from that half of the draw anyway.

But it's irrelevant right now. Got to get past Cilic and probably Berdych first. The latter scares me, always causes Murray plenty of problems and aside from the Falla match (and first set of the Gimeno one) he's been looking very confident and very dangerous of late. I can see him winning this tournament you know. Andy will definitely need to raise his game tomorrow and on Friday if he makes it that far.

If Melzer does win, it'll be a huge chance for Melzer/Simon/Haas to make a Masters final. Been a long time since any of them have. Was Simon's defeat to Murray in Madrid 2008 the latest?
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1281 on: March 27, 2013, 09:25 PM »

Ferrer hopefully going to win 2nd set.

Very suprised that Novak went down so easily last night, but he can't win them all, and Haas was on fire!!

i wonder if novak fans are panicking about his IW and Miami?? Andy's fans sure would if it was him!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1282 on: March 27, 2013, 09:47 PM »

Ferrer is on fire now.  4-0 in the third.  Has won 17 of the last 22 points.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1283 on: March 27, 2013, 09:52 PM »

Ferrer is on fire now.  4-0 in the third.  Has won 17 of the last 22 points.
Must be all those fags... Whistle
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1284 on: March 27, 2013, 09:53 PM »

Ferrer better not win this tournament.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1285 on: March 27, 2013, 09:54 PM »

Ferrer better not win this tournament.
Nah - he's just gotten lucky thus far.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1286 on: March 27, 2013, 10:13 PM »

Great turnaround by Ferrer in that match - well, a combination of him playing better and Melzer's form dropping off completely. I'd like Simon to win the next QF, but Haas comfortably leads their head to head.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1287 on: March 27, 2013, 10:42 PM »

Ferrer doh
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1288 on: March 28, 2013, 03:11 AM »

Outrageous stuff from Tommy Haas. Just watched him beat Giles 6-3 6-1 with ridiculous stats.

Honestly didn't believe he could back up his win against Nole, but glad to see he proved me wrong. clap
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1289 on: March 28, 2013, 03:12 AM »

Outrageous stuff from Tommy Haas. Just watched him beat Giles 6-3 6-1 with ridiculous stats.

Honestly didn't believe he could back up his win against Nole, but glad to see he proved me wrong. clap

Woah, that scoreline seems very good.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 690 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »