Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 ... 668 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 132105 times)
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1695 on: April 07, 2013, 02:46 AM »

And Canada wins 6-3 6-4 3-6 3-6 15-13
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1696 on: April 07, 2013, 04:38 PM »

Wow, some crazy doubles matches. I love how close the DC matches often are, with underdogs often rising to the occasion.

Zimonjic and Bozoljac played for Serbia - what a win for them over the Brian's. All but ends USA's chances of meeting Canada now though - Djokovic sure to beat Querrey.

Canada 2-1 up, Raonic vs Seppi will be crucial. Sounds like Nestor was the hero.

Ben Rothenberg‏@BenRothenberg17h
Is there a more underrated career than Daniel Nestor's? No.1, Golden Slam, all the Masters titles. He & Pospisil up a set on Italy #daviscup

Damien Cox‏@DamoSpin13h
At 40, Daniel Nestor wins a 4 1/2 hr tennis match for his country on a bad leg.  Nothing more needs to be said.

Voo de Mar‏@VoodeMar6h
#Nestor's longest 5th sets in DBS 23-21, 16-14, 15-13 (twice), 10-8 also 12-14 in SGS, I don't know a player involved in more marathons

Czechs beat Kazakhstan. Singles were contested by Rosol, Hajek, Golubev and a still recoving (well below par) Kukushkin. Bit of a damp squib of a QF tie!

France and Argentina are 2-2. Tsonga beat Berlocq, Monaco beat Simon in straights (0-5 on tour, 3-0 in DC..). Tsonga then hammered him 3,3&0. Argies won the doubles. Simon vs Berlocq to decide it. Berlocq beat Simon twice on clay last year.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1697 on: April 07, 2013, 05:21 PM »

Janowicz seals WG Play Off Spot for Poland, the first time they have ever been there.

Janowicz said this win meant more to him then beating Murray did. Guy clearly loves representing his nation and is very patriotic. Was close to tears in his post match speech.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1698 on: April 07, 2013, 07:19 PM »

Matt Cronin‏@TennisReporters2m
WOW Djokovic just hurt his ankle in long rally, down on ground, writhing in pain. Cant walk on right leg

http://www.viplivesports.eu/tennis/147749/3/querrey-vs-djokovic-(usa---serbia)-live-stream-online.html

Back up on his feet and despite squandering a break point, manages to win the next two points anyway.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter April 07, 2013, 07:26 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1699 on: April 07, 2013, 11:10 PM »

Would be nice to see Canada steamroll Italy. This will be a personal revenge as well. Raonic up a set and break in the 2nd against Seppi. Seppi is about to hand in the game to Raonic. 30-40, 5-3 Raonic.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean April 08, 2013, 12:00 AM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1700 on: April 07, 2013, 11:53 PM »

When was the last time Canada made the SFs?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1701 on: April 07, 2013, 11:59 PM »

I don't think ever. Actually I don't remember because I very rarely watch DC.

Anyway, Raonic did have his chances to turn thing around in the 3rd when he was 1-3 down but was 15-40 up on Seppi's serve. Seppi held quite easily after that. A bit of a bummer. And a very quick 3rd set after that as well.

Raonic's performance has declined a bit in this set. Wonder if he'll be able to hold it together after the loss of 3rd set.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1702 on: April 08, 2013, 09:41 AM »

Oh wow.

Craig Gabriel‏@crosscourt17h
JUST IN. Novak Djokovic has lost it in tears in middle of Serbian tv interview. Doctor has told him ankle injury serious.

Clip of interview:

http://www.rts.rs/page/sport/ci/story/33/%D0%A2%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%81/1300578/%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BA,+%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B0+%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%B1%D0%B8%D1%99%D0%BD%D0%B0.html

'Novak, serious injury

Novak Djokovic started crying when he learned how serious the injuries he sustained in a match against Sam Querrey. Even without precise details.

Novak Djokovic injured ankle in the third game of the match against Sam Querrey, but the heroic "pushed" to the end of the match and Serbia provided the decisive third point and the gateway to the Davis Cup semifinals, which in September game against Canada.

"To play for Serbia is a great honor and pleasure ... As for the injury is not good," said Nole.

Speaking on the severity of injury after the match, Djokovic began to cry.

There is still no precise details about the injury.'
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1703 on: April 08, 2013, 09:56 AM »

I really hope Novak's injury isn't as serious as it sounds - he's having an MRI today so more information should be available then.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1704 on: April 08, 2013, 12:22 PM »

That's devastating news for Nole. I've seem the video clip of him crying while being interviewed, but I'm not going to post it because it's really quite upsetting to watch.
Hopefully his MRI will give him some encouraging news.
He's so passionate about playing for his country, such a shame.

And speaking of passion playing for your country.. Milos really let the lid off last night after his win against Seppi. He let his passion flow like Niagara Falls.. jumping, skipping and roaring like a beast. It was hilarious!
Congrats to Team Canada for reaching the World Group semifinal for the first time - to meet Serbia in Sept. And congrats to the amazing support from the crowd (too far for me to go - Vancouver) clap

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1705 on: April 08, 2013, 01:31 PM »

Oh wow.

Craig Gabriel‏@crosscourt17h
JUST IN. Novak Djokovic has lost it in tears in middle of Serbian tv interview. Doctor has told him ankle injury serious.

Clip of interview:

http://www.rts.rs/page/sport/ci/story/33/%D0%A2%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%81/1300578/%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BA,+%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B0+%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%B1%D0%B8%D1%99%D0%BD%D0%B0.html

'Novak, serious injury

Novak Djokovic started crying when he learned how serious the injuries he sustained in a match against Sam Querrey. Even without precise details.

Novak Djokovic injured ankle in the third game of the match against Sam Querrey, but the heroic "pushed" to the end of the match and Serbia provided the decisive third point and the gateway to the Davis Cup semifinals, which in September game against Canada.

"To play for Serbia is a great honor and pleasure ... As for the injury is not good," said Nole.

Speaking on the severity of injury after the match, Djokovic began to cry.

There is still no precise details about the injury.'

That is very bad news but I will still hope it's not serious and that he'll be able to play without much problem. He's my 2nd favourite to win everything after Andy.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1706 on: April 08, 2013, 01:34 PM »

On the other hand, great to see Canada advance to the semi in 3-1. First time semi since the new DC format started in 1981. They did make another semi back in 1913 I think and lost to USA.

They'll play against Serbia in the semi. Will be watching that one for sure as you know, I've been waiting for a Raonic / Nole meet up for a really long time, so it's a double delight. Would be incredible to see Canada in the final.
IP Logged
mina

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1707 on: April 10, 2013, 01:13 AM »

i heared roger will play basel this year , hope he loses again
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1708 on: April 10, 2013, 07:32 AM »

Perhaps they gave in on the exhorbitant fee he was demanding.  My Oh has the feeling that Fed. is only interested in the money as he just seems to demand such very high fees for everything he does.  I feel it is a combination of money, points and not wanting to retire.  People in other sports who have this attitude usually come a cropper in the end.  I have seen this on a smaller scale in the horse showing world when people go on showing their hoprses when they get old and stiff and keep losing although when they were young they were sweeping the board.  I retired by horses when they started to slip and tried something else more suited to their age.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1709 on: April 10, 2013, 05:12 PM »

Love the line about how he's chosen to play there for his fans. Has he ****. If he only cared about his fans he would have signed up at the start of the year, instead of negotiating it for 4 months.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 ... 668 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »