Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Somdev Devvarman, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 ... 692 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 146933 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2100 on: April 21, 2013, 04:51 PM »

It's not going to repeat each year and that's my thinking. He's losing confidence each time he gets beaten and others are gaining on that. He'll sneak in only if others are tired and injured or mentally compromised like Andy at last year's Wimbledon.
The period from Wimbledon to the US Open will be telling. To me, Federer's not looked at all motivated so far this year but I expect that to change. Novak's always been troubled by the variety in Federer's game (similar problem with Andy's game), so it's not a straightforward matchup for him. But if he can make the match physical, then he has the clear advantage over Federer. It'll be interesting how it all pans out this year.

Above all though, I hope Andy keeps on improving and is in peak form by Wimbledon. It would be so great to see him win it this year. Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2101 on: April 21, 2013, 04:53 PM »

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2102 on: April 21, 2013, 05:08 PM »

I love Andy's reaction there. lol
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2103 on: April 21, 2013, 06:02 PM »

Novak's going to dominate the tour for years.

And if he does, he will be 10x more worthy than Federer for the GOAT tag.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2104 on: April 21, 2013, 06:04 PM »

Did you know - Nole had no grass title until he won Wimbledon in 2011 and off Nadal? Anything is possible these days, my dear. Smile Andy can win RG without winning or making a final on clay.
Difference is Djokovic only plays one grass tournament a year, so of course Wimbledon was going to be his first grass title. Murray plays 3 Clay Masters and occasionally Barcelona every year, as well as Roland Garros. So it's irrelevant.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2105 on: April 21, 2013, 06:06 PM »

What even lol
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2106 on: April 21, 2013, 06:12 PM »

Da hell happened to Rafa?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2107 on: April 21, 2013, 06:19 PM »

Da hell happened to Rafa?

Got outplayed. Simps.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2108 on: April 21, 2013, 07:04 PM »

Difference is Djokovic only plays one grass tournament a year, so of course Wimbledon was going to be his first grass title. Murray plays 3 Clay Masters and occasionally Barcelona every year, as well as Roland Garros. So it's irrelevant.

That basically means Andy's chances of winning a clay title have always been greater than Nole winning Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2109 on: April 21, 2013, 07:42 PM »

From ATP website (http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...-Reaction.aspx)

Nadal, who had won the title from 2005-2012, admitted that, “It is not a tragedy. I lost after eight years without losing here.

“Today, he was better than me… He's a fantastic player. If you are not at 100 per cent, [it] is very difficult to win against these kinds of players. His game is very complete. To win, I have to play my best and I have to bring him to the limit.”

Since returning from an eight-month absence in February, the 26-year-old Spaniard has compiled a 21-2 match record and reached five straight finals on the ATP World Tour.

“I think it was a positive week,” said Nadal. “I didn't practice in Mallorca, I just practised here before the tournament. Without much preparation, I was able to play in the final. This week is going to help me be fit for the next weeks.

“I felt for moments in the second set, I played my best tennis of the week. So that's important. When I was doing that, I wasn't far off him. I need more matches to play with this intensity all the time. I need to be completely focused in every moment.

“Hopefully, I can play another great week in Barcelona next week [and] play some matches that will keep helping to put me in the 100 per cent physical conditioning.”

Nadal will next compete at the Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell, where he has won his past 34 matches.

Bless Rafa he's a sweet  guy but oh my he has soo many excuses.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2110 on: April 21, 2013, 07:44 PM »

So he thinks he wasn't 100% and didn't practice enough and still made the final. Right.
IP Logged
mina

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2111 on: April 21, 2013, 08:15 PM »

good win for nole , happy for him
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2112 on: April 22, 2013, 06:31 AM »

Lol, how much "practise" does he think Nole had Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2113 on: April 22, 2013, 07:46 AM »

I was wondering what the excuse would be this time.  He does not have any competition at Barcelona.  Fed, Nole and Andy are not playing.  I am not sure if Berdych and Tsonga are.  He may tire himself out without another rest before Madrid, Rome and RG.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2114 on: April 22, 2013, 05:05 PM »

I guess the point I was trying to make is that, Andy doesn't have to win a clay title before he wins RG - just like Nole didn't have to win Queens or Halle before he won Wimbledon. I don't think either is excellent on the respective surface however, due to different surfaces playing all the same these days, it's much more doable than ever before. Also, Andy’s game does suit the surface; he’s just not as comfortable on clay as he is on either hard or grass. I’d say grass is his best surface.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 ... 692 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »