Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 ... 670 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 133694 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2115 on: April 22, 2013, 07:18 PM »

I'll be very thankful if Andy makes quarters at RG.
#RealityCheck
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2116 on: April 22, 2013, 07:26 PM »

I'll be very thankful if Andy makes quarters at RG.
#RealityCheck
But he did make the SF two years ago, despite a dodgy ankle. #PositiveThinking
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2117 on: April 23, 2013, 06:41 AM »

But he did make the SF two years ago, despite a dodgy ankle. #PositiveThinking

#CushyDraw
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2118 on: April 23, 2013, 02:49 PM »

Gulbis has beaten Verdasco 6-3, 6-4 in Barcelona. Tough first round for Verdasco, especially since Gulbis is match-tough having come through qualifying, but it's hard to believe this is the same player who almost beat Rafa in the AO 2009 semi-final - such a huge dropoff in form for him over the past couple of seasons.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2119 on: April 23, 2013, 03:49 PM »

#CushyDraw
Really!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2120 on: April 23, 2013, 04:55 PM »

Really!

Truly. That was the year Grabcopy's grandma was playing  Whistle
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2121 on: April 23, 2013, 04:59 PM »

Isn't Nigel a big fan of Wawrinka? I wonder how he re-acted after Andy's loss to him recently. Was he secretly slightly delighted? Won't rule it out. lol
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2122 on: April 24, 2013, 11:34 AM »

Dimitrov has lost to Robredo 7-5, 6-1 in Barcelona. He served for the first set at *5-3 and then only won one game in the rest of the match. I read on twitter that he may be injured which would explain the collapse in form. It's a shame he lost as I was looking forward to a potential Berdych/Dimitrov 3rd round match.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2123 on: April 24, 2013, 12:55 PM »

Isn't Nigel a big fan of Wawrinka? I wonder how he re-acted after Andy's loss to him recently. Was he secretly slightly delighted? Won't rule it out. lol

Hell no! Kohlschreiber, Haas, Tsonga, Dimitrov and one or two others.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2124 on: April 24, 2013, 02:48 PM »

Big upset result in Barcelona - Tursunov beat Ferrer 7-5, 3-6, 6-1. David was struggling to hold serve all match and making huge errors all the way through - it doesn't look like he's fully recovered from his injury.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2125 on: April 24, 2013, 03:15 PM »

Big upset result in Barcelona - Tursunov beat Ferrer 7-5, 3-6, 6-1. David was struggling to hold serve all match and making huge errors all the way through - it doesn't look like he's fully recovered from his injury.

If this had been Andy we would have had endless posts saying what a disaster, never able to play on clay etc etc. Here we have Ferrer known to be a very good clay player losing on his best surface in his first round, it happens and I'm sure Ferrer will pick himself up and do better at his next tournament.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2126 on: April 24, 2013, 03:23 PM »

That's a shame because he's one of my fave players.  Maybe he should have given Barcelona a miss.  Hopefully he's fully fit by Madrid.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2127 on: April 24, 2013, 04:24 PM »

If this had been Andy we would have had endless posts saying what a disaster, never able to play on clay etc etc. Here we have Ferrer known to be a very good clay player losing on his best surface in his first round, it happens and I'm sure Ferrer will pick himself up and do better at his next tournament.

Exactly - these losses happen to everyone, there's no need to panic. Andy losing on clay to Wawrinka really wasn't that bad a result.

That's a shame because he's one of my fave players.  Maybe he should have given Barcelona a miss.  Hopefully he's fully fit by Madrid.

Maybe he should have missed it, but it's one of his favourite tournaments and he probably didn't want to let his home fans down by not playing. He said in his press conference that he had no spark today and wasn't good mentally or with his tennis. He said it was a match to forget - probably one of the worst he's played in the last few years. Hope things improve for him in Madrid.

With him and Dimitrov losing, that's my two favourites from this week gone one after the other! Ah well, Rafa winning the whole thing was never in doubt anyway...
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2128 on: April 24, 2013, 04:41 PM »

Dimitrov has lost to Robredo 7-5, 6-1 in Barcelona. He served for the first set at *5-3 and then only won one game in the rest of the match. I read on twitter that he may be injured which would explain the collapse in form. It's a shame he lost as I was looking forward to a potential Berdych/Dimitrov 3rd round match.

Perhaps still very high from last tournament where he pushed Nadal into the 3rd set. He's mental that way and I've seen this pattern from him before.

Hell no! Kohlschreiber, Haas, Tsonga, Dimitrov and one or two others.

Oh, I see I mixed him up with Haas. You are a big fan of Haas. I like the fact that you also like Kohlschreiber and he too is German. Any connection or just a coincidence?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2129 on: April 24, 2013, 04:43 PM »

Big upset no doubt. Do you suppose he'll recover just in time for RG? I somehow feel his confidence level is a bit shaken - especially after that beating he took from Nadal not so long ago. And the match against Andy must have done some final damages as well. Though I must report that he was not tagged to win in either cases.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 ... 670 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »