Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 ... 747 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 171468 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2145 on: April 26, 2013, 08:08 AM »

It's a 9.30am BST start today, not 10.30am - not sure how I managed to get the one hour time difference wrong!

@Elena - Nishikori's actually on the schedule 3 times today if he wins his first match - 2 x singles and 1 x doubles. His doubles is straight after his singles 'after suitable rest' - very tough!

Friday morning and afternoon - cloudy.  Rain in the evening.
Saturday - rain all day.
Sunday - partly cloudy and quite cool

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/Barcelona-weather/Catalonia/ES.aspx

Things could get quite interesting, especially as rain is forecast for Monday.

That weather forecast doesn't look good! A couple of the players are in Estoril next week, including Monaco. If he gets past Almagro he's got a great chance for the final - doubt he'll want to still be in Barcelona early next week though if the tournament can't finish on time.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2146 on: April 26, 2013, 10:03 AM »

Ooh Nadal off to a slow start? Broken first game. Paire leading  3-1

Nightmare schedule for Nishikori!

Nadal/Paire back on serve at 3-3
[ Last edit by Elena April 26, 2013, 10:11 AM ] IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2147 on: April 26, 2013, 11:19 AM »

Paire played a really good first set, but once he lost the tie-break he wasn't able to keep the good level up in the second unfortunately.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2148 on: April 26, 2013, 01:52 PM »

Great match between Robredo and Berdych. Robredo was a worthy winner.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2149 on: April 26, 2013, 01:59 PM »

Busy day in Barcelona:

Nadal beat Paire 7-6 6-2 and will play Ramos who beat Nishikori 6-4 7-6

Raonic beat Gulbis 6-2 7-6 and will play Ramos, who beat Berdych 3-6 7-6 6-3

Monaco about to play Almagro, then plays doubles with Nishi

IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2150 on: April 26, 2013, 02:04 PM »

Great match between Robredo and Berdych. Robredo was a worthy winner.

Robredo played really well - great to see him get a big win after all his injury problems. Berdych seems to be struggling on the clay at the moment.

Del Potro has withdrawn from Estoril due to a virus. Shame for him - he was the defending champion.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2151 on: April 26, 2013, 10:17 PM »

Meelosh v Rafa SF tomorrow. Hope to catch a bit of that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2152 on: April 27, 2013, 01:40 AM »

Meelosh v Rafa SF tomorrow. Hope to catch a bit of that.
Not before 3 pm BST - so long as the predicted rain doesn't arrive.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2153 on: April 27, 2013, 12:01 PM »

Is anyone else fed up of the fawning all over Nadal.  He seems to be the only one who played two matches yesterday.  Didn't Raonic etc. also play two.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2154 on: April 27, 2013, 12:15 PM »

Is anyone else fed up of the fawning all over Nadal.  He seems to be the only one who played two matches yesterday.  Didn't Raonic etc. also play two.

I like Rafa but I agree with you - tweets from tennis sources yesterday were all about how Rafa had to play twice, with little mention of the other players. I think Milos in particular has been treated unfairly - none of his matches have been televised so far, which isn't good for his fans.

In Bucharest, Rosol has beaten Simon which is another result I wouldn't have predicted! It'll be interesting to see if Rosol can win his first ATP title tomorrow though.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2155 on: April 27, 2013, 01:24 PM »

Rosol is a beast. Thrashed Troicki yesterday as well. Will break the top 40 next week.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2156 on: April 27, 2013, 02:06 PM »

I like Rafa but I agree with you - tweets from tennis sources yesterday were all about how Rafa had to play twice, with little mention of the other players.

I felt sorry for Robredo who had to play Berdych and Raonic in one day, with less than two hours in between.

Six hard fought sets by the looks of things - started 11.30 (UK time), played 2hrs 45 mins v Berdych 3-6 7-6 6-3, then played Raonic at 14.10 for another 2hrs 20, going to a tie break in the 3rd set. 

Same timing for Milos, but his first match was quite a bit shorter.

Any weather forecasts for Barcelona? Will there be play today?

IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2157 on: April 27, 2013, 02:41 PM »

Raonic will rise.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2158 on: April 27, 2013, 02:46 PM »

Rain delay in Barcelona, and it was forecast to last all day, so we could be looking at the semis and the final being played tomorrow.

A bit of a shock seeing Simon go out in Bucharest though.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2159 on: April 27, 2013, 03:16 PM »

Covers coming off courts in Barcelona - play should start in about half an hour.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 ... 747 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »