Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 ... 747 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 171777 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2190 on: April 28, 2013, 04:13 PM »

Poor Almagro. Just ain't gonna be enough methinks.
He's getting very frustrated now too.

Holds nerve though and pulls back from 0-40 and takes the game.  1-1.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 28, 2013, 04:17 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2191 on: April 28, 2013, 04:26 PM »

Nadal breaks from 15-40 down.  3-1.

4-2.  Almagro hasn't given up fighting.

5-3.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 28, 2013, 04:41 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2192 on: April 28, 2013, 04:44 PM »

Shocker!!  shocking
Nadal wins.
6-4 6-3
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2193 on: April 28, 2013, 04:48 PM »

I don't think it was a shocker.  Almagro's never beaten Nadal in all 9 previous meetings and he played far better than the score suggests.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2194 on: April 28, 2013, 04:55 PM »

What a massive trophy for a minor tournament! lol

Nice that Jason speaks Spanish and so can translate speeches.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2195 on: April 28, 2013, 05:10 PM »

The trophy is the best thing about the Barcelona tournament - I love how it's far bigger than the slam trophies!

Great start from Almagro - shame he couldn't maintain that level and started doubting himself. It must be so frustrating playing Rafa on clay - you can hit so many fantastic shots but he keeps getting them all back.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2196 on: April 28, 2013, 06:40 PM »

Wow - just saw this - apparently Rosol's father died 10 days ago.

from http://www.tennisnow.com/News/Rosol-Wins-Emotional-1st-ATP-Title-in-Bucharest.aspx

During the trophy ceremony, an emotional Rosol dedicated his win to his late father who recently passed away. Rosol's father suffered a stroke while watching his son play Davis Cup on TV earlier in the year and never fully recovered. The memory of his father was fresh on Rosol's mind.

“I wanted to dedicate this trophy to someone, so I found the energy. I felt somebody was helping me from up top. It’s not just about me. My family has always supported me and my tennis. I felt match after match, my dream was coming true.," Rosol said.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2197 on: April 28, 2013, 07:01 PM »

Wow - just saw this - apparently Rosol's father died 10 days ago.

from http://www.tennisnow.com/News/Rosol-Wins-Emotional-1st-ATP-Title-in-Bucharest.aspx

During the trophy ceremony, an emotional Rosol dedicated his win to his late father who recently passed away. Rosol's father suffered a stroke while watching his son play Davis Cup on TV earlier in the year and never fully recovered. The memory of his father was fresh on Rosol's mind.

“I wanted to dedicate this trophy to someone, so I found the energy. I felt somebody was helping me from up top. It’s not just about me. My family has always supported me and my tennis. I felt match after match, my dream was coming true.," Rosol said.

How tragic.  Losing a parent at his age must be so very difficult to come to terms with. Frown
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2198 on: April 28, 2013, 09:10 PM »

I don't get why people get so excited about tweeners mid-rally. Yeah it looks good and all that but I much prefer Murray's quick flick/spin and fire it DTL (Querrey @ Queens 09, Cilic @ AO 09, Raonic @ USO 12) that wins the point outright rather than chasing after the ball just to put it back into play.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2199 on: April 28, 2013, 09:23 PM »

Tweeners always look a bit risky to me anyway. Whistle
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2200 on: April 28, 2013, 09:24 PM »

^Balls.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2201 on: April 29, 2013, 02:34 AM »

I see there's a good line-up for the BMW Open in Munch as well as in Estoril.  TennisTV are showing Munich from 30 April but have imposed a blackout in Europe for Estoril, although I can't for the life of me understand why.

Btw - anyone else notice that Rafa has now added tugging at the crotch of his shorts to his repetoire? Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2202 on: April 29, 2013, 07:01 AM »

Tweeners always look a bit risky to me anyway. Whistle

I've seen live disasters with tweeners. Whistle
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2203 on: April 29, 2013, 08:46 AM »

@Aileen
Yes, thought Rafa looked even more twitchy than usual Rolling Eyes
How many seconds does he take to get ready shocking
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2204 on: April 29, 2013, 11:17 AM »

I agree Aileen and BBH he still goes through his ritual. If he is going over time allocated he should be warned. After all other players are being warned about time violations. confused
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 ... 747 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »