Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 ... 747 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 171522 times)
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2205 on: April 29, 2013, 11:17 AM »

I have given up counting how many hang-ups he has.  I am sure there are many times that should be given a time violation.  I thought the idea was to make sure everyone was treated the same.  I have already pointed out that at IW he frequently went way beyond the time
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2206 on: April 29, 2013, 11:30 AM »

Nadal did get a time violation, I think on Saturaday against Raonic. It was after a longish rally, and at 20 seconds he was still getting balls from the ballboys, so it actually seemed a bit tough. I've timed him and he does seem to get through his whole routine within the limit.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2207 on: April 29, 2013, 02:42 PM »

I see there's a good line-up for the BMW Open in Munch as well as in Estoril.  TennisTV are showing Munich from 30 April but have imposed a blackout in Europe for Estoril, although I can't for the life of me understand why.

I think it's because the WTA and ATP tournaments are being shown on Eurosport this year Aileen. Tennistv often seem to do blackouts when there's local tv coverage.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2208 on: April 29, 2013, 07:20 PM »

Nadal did get a time violation, I think on Saturaday against Raonic. It was after a longish rally, and at 20 seconds he was still getting balls from the ballboys, so it actually seemed a bit tough. I've timed him and he does seem to get through his whole routine within the limit.

Yes, I saw Rafa get a time violation.. and other than that I haven't seen him go over the limit either, despite all his 'necessaries.'
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2209 on: April 29, 2013, 09:18 PM »

I think it's because the WTA and ATP tournaments are being shown on Eurosport this year Aileen. Tennistv often seem to do blackouts when there's local tv coverage.
I can understand that - but Munich is in Europe, so does that mean Eurosport aren't covering it?

Yes, I saw Rafa get a time violation.. and other than that I haven't seen him go over the limit either, despite all his 'necessaries.'
He does go through these very quickly, probably because he's got them down to a fine art by now. Rolling Eyes   I'll be interested to see how Djokovic gets on with his ball-bouncing, although I'm sure I saw a reduction in that activity in MC.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2210 on: April 30, 2013, 06:44 AM »

@Aileen
I've noticed the ball bouncing gets longer when Nole is under stress. Not surprising really. Wink
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2211 on: April 30, 2013, 08:43 AM »

I can understand that - but Munich is in Europe, so does that mean Eurosport aren't covering it?

It's being shown in Germany (but not on Eurosport). The rest of Europe doesn't have it though - perhaps Eurosport opted for the Portugal Open as it's a combined event and Eurosport do show most of the WTA tennis throughout the year.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2212 on: April 30, 2013, 12:51 PM »

Carreno-Busta takes out Benneteau with a routine 6-3, 6-4 win in Oeiras. I've never seen a player move from ITF to ATP tour (bypassing the Challengers) so flawlessly. Of course he was always a top 200 play before his injury, but even then he rarely played on the main tour. Seems to have come back stronger than ever after his injuries, and his 39 (or thereabouts) winning streak at ITF level no doubt a huge confidence boost.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2213 on: April 30, 2013, 04:17 PM »

Carreno-Busta takes out Benneteau with a routine 6-3, 6-4 win in Oeiras. I've never seen a player move from ITF to ATP tour (bypassing the Challengers) so flawlessly. Of course he was always a top 200 play before his injury, but even then he rarely played on the main tour. Seems to have come back stronger than ever after his injuries, and his 39 (or thereabouts) winning streak at ITF level no doubt a huge confidence boost.

Very impressive! That takes him to 201 in the live rankings at the moment, and 79 in the live race rankings. His ATP profile shows him as having played only 5 main tour matches before this tournament, 4 of them this year.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2214 on: April 30, 2013, 05:21 PM »

Wow - just saw this - apparently Rosol's father died 10 days ago.

from http://www.tennisnow.com/News/Rosol-Wins-Emotional-1st-ATP-Title-in-Bucharest.aspx

They mentioned this during the coverage of the final in Barcelona if I recall correctly. To focus on the job in hand well enough to win must have taken some doing in those circumstances. I was 28 when my Dad died and I couldn't concentrate on anything for ages, so all credit to Rosol.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2215 on: April 30, 2013, 06:22 PM »

Baghdatis gets straight-setted by Korolev. Oh dear.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2216 on: April 30, 2013, 06:38 PM »

They mentioned this during the coverage of the final in Barcelona if I recall correctly. To focus on the job in hand well enough to win must have taken some doing in those circumstances. I was 28 when my Dad died and I couldn't concentrate on anything for ages, so all credit to Rosol.
His speech is at the end of this clip. Very moving.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2217 on: April 30, 2013, 09:02 PM »

Very happy for Rosol. Hopefully many more titles to come. May his father rest in peace.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2218 on: April 30, 2013, 10:02 PM »

@Aileen
I've noticed the ball bouncing gets longer when Nole is under stress. Not surprising really. Wink
I've noticed that too - and the same applies to Rafa's activities, the bum and now crotch grabbing as well, usually being reserved for the later stages of a match.

It's being shown in Germany (but not on Eurosport). The rest of Europe doesn't have it though - perhaps Eurosport opted for the Portugal Open as it's a combined event and Eurosport do show most of the WTA tennis throughout the year.

Thanks for the explanation Katie.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 30, 2013, 10:09 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #2219 on: April 30, 2013, 10:12 PM »

His speech is at the end of this clip. Very moving.
Very sad.
Glad his father got to see him defeat Nadal at Wimbledon last year. What a proud moment to savour.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 ... 747 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »