Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 ... 691 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 145707 times)
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3120 on: May 12, 2013, 04:43 PM »

I don't particularly enjoy clay court tennis.  Whoever is playing. And I don't like dominance by one player on any surface. (Although I might make an exception for Andy lol ).   Roll on the green stuff. 
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3121 on: May 12, 2013, 04:50 PM »

Looks to be Granollers who will play Andy. Taken the first set 6-3 agains Davydenko.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3122 on: May 12, 2013, 05:36 PM »

I missed the first set of the Madrid final. I started watching at the start of the second. It looked for a moment there that Stan was going to mount a comeback, but he couldn't maintain it. I turned off when, if my memory serves, Nadal was 4-3 up. The writing was on the wall, and I just wasn't in the mood for all the schmoozing from the comms. It's rapidly becoming boring. Rafa's been back five minutes and I've remembered why he gets on my nerves most of the time. I'd rather have Djokovic any day, and I've wanted to thump him a lot lately. For my money Andy is the only one of the four who has his feet on the ground.

I have to be honest, I think Stan stood only just fractionally more chance today than Andujar did yesterday. Stan looked shattered when I put the TV on, but given everything, what he did in Portugal, the late nights etc, he's done well to get to the final. Doing well this week gets him back into the top ten too, so a good week for him really. It is a pity that version of Stan didn't turn up in MC, but never mind. I honestly can't begrudge Stan what he's done this week. Nadal on the other hand.......

No, seriously, Nadal is brilliant on the clay, we all know that, but this whole thing around him, the 'ooh, he's been out for seven months and he's doing so well, he'll be challenging for world no.1 later in the year!' not to mention 'ooh, he's hit a forehand, how incredible!' gets right up my nose. If there was some honesty, some acknowledgement that when the knee was better he spent time working on his game, I'd be fine with it. Instead, it was suggested for ages that Nadal couldn't practice for ages because of the problem, not to mention the three different problems he was supposed to have with the knee, depending on what his team decided to call it that particular week. Frankly, with all due respect, it is crap. Anyone with a pair of eyes and a basic understanding of the game can see that Nadal has spent time working on his game. No one spends seven months out, having barely practised, and then comes back playing like that, even on their best surface, and I don't care how good they are.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3123 on: May 12, 2013, 06:34 PM »

Couldn't agree more TJ!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3124 on: May 12, 2013, 06:39 PM »

I missed the first set of the Madrid final. I started watching at the start of the second. It looked for a moment there that Stan was going to mount a comeback, but he couldn't maintain it. I turned off when, if my memory serves, Nadal was 4-3 up. The writing was on the wall, and I just wasn't in the mood for all the schmoozing from the comms. It's rapidly becoming boring. Rafa's been back five minutes and I've remembered why he gets on my nerves most of the time. I'd rather have Djokovic any day, and I've wanted to thump him a lot lately. For my money Andy is the only one of the four who has his feet on the ground.

I have to be honest, I think Stan stood only just fractionally more chance today than Andujar did yesterday. Stan looked shattered when I put the TV on, but given everything, what he did in Portugal, the late nights etc, he's done well to get to the final. Doing well this week gets him back into the top ten too, so a good week for him really. It is a pity that version of Stan didn't turn up in MC, but never mind. I honestly can't begrudge Stan what he's done this week. Nadal on the other hand.......

No, seriously, Nadal is brilliant on the clay, we all know that, but this whole thing around him, the 'ooh, he's been out for seven months and he's doing so well, he'll be challenging for world no.1 later in the year!' not to mention 'ooh, he's hit a forehand, how incredible!' gets right up my nose. If there was some honesty, some acknowledgement that when the knee was better he spent time working on his game, I'd be fine with it. Instead, it was suggested for ages that Nadal couldn't practice for ages because of the problem, not to mention the three different problems he was supposed to have with the knee, depending on what his team decided to call it that particular week. Frankly, with all due respect, it is crap. Anyone with a pair of eyes and a basic understanding of the game can see that Nadal has spent time working on his game. No one spends seven months out, having barely practised, and then comes back playing like that, even on their best surface, and I don't care how good they are.

My feelings exactly. So pleased its not just me!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3125 on: May 12, 2013, 06:48 PM »

It was a snoozefest for me. I turned it off after Stan got broken. He was all spent by the time he reached the final so can't really blame him for a rather poor final. Still congrats to him for playing very well lately.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3126 on: May 12, 2013, 06:49 PM »

I feel Nadal is a bit of a fraud. You do not know when he is telling the truth there seems to be too much going on that we don't know about. Perhaps if he was more open about things. We will just have to wait and see what he will be like when the clay season is finished.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3127 on: May 12, 2013, 06:51 PM »

I feel Nadal is a bit of a fraud.

fainting
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3128 on: May 12, 2013, 07:08 PM »

I did watch the match and felt that consideriong how tired Stan must have been he put up a fight.  I have felt all along that the tournament was scheduled to totally suit Nadal.  No night matches and plenty time in between matches.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3129 on: May 12, 2013, 07:48 PM »

Good posting!

I don't think i give Nadal enough credit for how wonderful he is, let face it he really is a phenomenal player.

But he has been relatively fit for a while I think, there were rumors initailly he could have played WTF in Novemeber, so I definitely think he could of played AO but avoided it as he didn't feel ready mentally to come back on HC, so spent like 2-3 month just working on his game to prepare for clay season and RG. Rafa is desperate for RG this year, i genuinely think its a massive turning point in the season, if Rafa gets it than oh boy i fear for Andy and Novak.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3130 on: May 12, 2013, 07:55 PM »

Well done Rafa for sure but the real test will come after Wimby. No ranking points to defend but it's Hard courts all the way until after the Oz Open i.e. 7 long months.  Ouch, I can feel my knees hurting at the mere thought of it!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3131 on: May 12, 2013, 08:15 PM »

The real test lies with RG as well. Let's not forget he got beaten by Nole in MC and Nadal isn't going to win RG forever. It has to come to a stop at some point.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3132 on: May 12, 2013, 08:50 PM »

Serena thrashed Maria yet again. 6-1, 6-4.

Anyone watched the match?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3133 on: May 12, 2013, 08:51 PM »

Serena thrashed Maria yet again. 6-1, 6-4.

Anyone watched the match?

Yes, Maria was up a break in the second but totally lost the plot. Shame really.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3134 on: May 12, 2013, 08:52 PM »

Yes, Maria was up a break in the second but totally lost the plot. Shame really.

Yeah, she's toast when she meets Serena. Real pity.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 ... 691 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »