Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 6 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 ... 742 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 166916 times)
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3135 on: May 12, 2013, 09:12 PM »

The real test lies with RG as well. Let's not forget he got beaten by Nole in MC and Nadal isn't going to win RG forever. It has to come to a stop at some point.

Am interested to see how Rafa holds up over potentially 7 best of 5 set matches as opposed to the best of 3 on the tour - even winning all of them in straight sets is more than he's been used to since last year's French.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3136 on: May 12, 2013, 09:16 PM »

Good posting!

Rafa is desperate for RG this year, i genuinely think its a massive turning point in the season, if Rafa gets it than oh boy i fear for Andy and Novak.

But if he doesn't I fear, in a way, for Rafa. I think he is a confidence player in a way. I really do think the way Djokovic has beaten him so often over the last year or so has been a huge mental thing for him. It sounds daft, I know, but I think Rafa, in his own way, is mentally fragile. If Djokovic was to get RG, and then Djokovic and Andy were to do well in the part of the year they tend to play best (particularly Andy, bearing in mind he struggles more on clay) I think it might shake Nadal, and then who knows what might happen.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3137 on: May 12, 2013, 09:26 PM »

My feelings exactly. So pleased its not just me!

No, it definitely isn't. I don't want to be misunderstood though. I do respect what Nadal is able to do on clay. It's just that I think there are people who are bigging him up based on one part if the season. Let's see how he goes when he has to play best of five on grass or hard.

I also don't really doubt that an injury happened. I just feel, unless someone can convince me otherwise, that Nadal and his team are being less than straightforward. He's been working in his game, I'd bet my life on it.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3138 on: May 12, 2013, 09:28 PM »

I won't be too surprised either if I see both Nadal and Federer on Andy's half. They will try and make sure no one spoils a Nadal/Nole final and that's the most likely scenario.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean May 12, 2013, 09:44 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3139 on: May 13, 2013, 10:13 AM »

Stan finally pushes Tipsy out of the top 10 today.

Since the AO, Tipsy has won just 4 matches, 210 points (and $174,246!) in 9 tournaments.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3140 on: May 13, 2013, 11:46 AM »

Not sure what the hell Benoit Paire is doing, self destructing by the looks of things, takes the first set 7-6 loses the 2nd 6-1 against Monaco
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3141 on: May 13, 2013, 01:27 PM »

Very noisy crowd cheering Starace to a win against Stepanek. He'll play Fed next.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3142 on: May 13, 2013, 03:29 PM »

Stan finally pushes Tipsy out of the top 10 today.

Since the AO, Tipsy has won just 4 matches, 210 points (and $174,246!) in 9 tournaments.
He's a great character and all that but was overachieving when in the Top 10.  He belongs at around Nos.15-20
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3143 on: May 13, 2013, 04:56 PM »

Fognini will be playing Nadal next and Nole's next opponents are into the 3rd.

Janowicz is leading Giraldo at the moment and more than likely to win with a break up in the 2nd and having won the 1st.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3144 on: May 13, 2013, 09:14 PM »

So Dimitrov will play Gasquet next. That sounds interesting.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3145 on: May 13, 2013, 09:21 PM »

Tipsy has pulled out it seems, Lukas Rosol in as LL. Could meet Nadal in 3rd round.

Raonic lost to Kohlschreiber, and went out early in Madrid too. Just split with his coach, not sure why.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3146 on: May 13, 2013, 09:37 PM »

So Dimitrov will play Gasquet next. That sounds interesting.
Sounds like a brilliant match-up. Both players are usually great to watch.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3147 on: May 13, 2013, 10:17 PM »

Tipsy has pulled out it seems, Lukas Rosol in as LL. Could meet Nadal in 3rd round.

Raonic lost to Kohlschreiber, and went out early in Madrid too. Just split with his coach, not sure why.

Delighted - it will do him good. Once he grows up a bit, and stoke being so arrogant I will be a bit more tolerant of him.

If someone could just dispose of Berdych as well I will be very happy.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3148 on: May 13, 2013, 10:17 PM »

I hope Raonic will reflect on how last year he said at a couple of interviews that his opponents would have to adapt to his game! Well  they now have adapted and he has holes in his game which he needs to sort out. He thought because he had a huge serve and forehand that he was invincible...it worked early on until players were able to read his game and know his pattern of play.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3149 on: May 13, 2013, 10:47 PM »

Pleased for Kohli i really like him, and well not so keen on Mr raonic to be honest.

Should be a good match tommorow b/w richie and dimi. Hope Dimi shows Gasquet the the real future GS champ is !!

I wouldnt want to be Rosol, if does make it to 3R of course....as Rafa will anihilate him I'm sure ...tio toni will be furious if Rafa drops more than 2 games.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 ... 742 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »