Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 ... 688 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 141742 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3990 on: June 23, 2013, 09:03 PM »

Simon has a boring game. That's why I don't enjoy watching him.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3991 on: June 23, 2013, 10:31 PM »

Simon has a boring game. That's why I don't enjoy watching him.
Lots of people genuinely dislike him though, and seem to assume that everyone does, or should. Mostly women, funnily enough.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3992 on: June 23, 2013, 11:10 PM »

Lots of people genuinely dislike him though, and seem to assume that everyone does, or should. Mostly women, funnily enough.

That makes perfect sense to me actually.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3993 on: June 23, 2013, 11:37 PM »

Maybe it's because he's not exactly a looker is he? Not compared to the heart-throbs they claim are Feli Lopez, Verdasco, Dimitrov etc.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3994 on: June 24, 2013, 01:42 AM »

LOL @ Simon.

How he can claim someone is disliked because the person claimed a match wasn't their best match in their career, is beyond pathetic.

Simon is just bitter because JJ beat him in the Paris Semi Final.

I understand JJ might not be liked by some... but most disliked? give me a break. I know for a fact both Gulbis and Dimitrov like JJ.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3995 on: June 24, 2013, 01:44 AM »

I don't get why so many fans hate Simon. Is it really because of his comments about the WTA? Because his comments had a large sprinkling of truth in them.

TMH,  I feel many people dislike many players for not much reason actually. They do one thing wrong and everyone attack them. Not just talking about Simon in this case.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3996 on: June 24, 2013, 10:06 AM »

LOL @ Simon.

How he can claim someone is disliked because the person claimed a match wasn't their best match in their career, is beyond pathetic.

Simon is just bitter because JJ beat him in the Paris Semi Final.

I understand JJ might not be liked by some... but most disliked? give me a break. I know for a fact both Gulbis and Dimitrov like JJ.

Simon did say in the interview that there have been some statements and attitudes that he didn't like - I presume he's talking about Janowicz's statements about Federer, Djokovic and Murray. Also, the way he ripped his shirt off after beating Tsonga in a round 2 match wouldn't have endeared him to many players. But Simon does say he's still young, and points to how Berdych has changed his behaviour over the years.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3997 on: June 24, 2013, 11:38 AM »

Good luck to the other Brits in the draw. cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3998 on: June 24, 2013, 01:26 PM »

That makes perfect sense to me actually.
Well, yeah.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #3999 on: June 24, 2013, 01:42 PM »

TMH,  I feel many people dislike many players for not much reason actually. They do one thing wrong and everyone attack them. Not just talking about Simon in this case.

Very true, Sab. It's always refreshing to see a teenager being so mature about things.

Speaking of Simon, I have no ill feelings towards him and sometimes, against certain match-ups, I enjoy his tennis a great deal.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4000 on: June 24, 2013, 02:02 PM »

Speaking of Simon, I have no ill feelings towards him and sometimes, against certain match-ups, I enjoy his tennis a great deal.

I'm not really a fan of Simon's tennis but yes, I do enjoy some of his matches, like the one against Fed in the FO. And I don't have any ill feelings towards him too.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4001 on: June 24, 2013, 02:14 PM »

Ugh Azaranka looks in trouble with that injury, it looked really painful
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4002 on: June 25, 2013, 09:46 AM »

Having been sceptical of Nadal recently, I'm now not so sure. I don't think anyone can doubt he has a problem with his knee/s, hence his difficulties on grass, getting down to low shots, turning, planting his feet. That's not to say there's not something else going on as well.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4003 on: July 02, 2013, 03:26 PM »

Federer's going to play in Gstaad later this month. Sounds like he's really going after the points after his Wimbledon exit! It's very unusual to see him play on clay at this time of year...
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4004 on: July 02, 2013, 03:29 PM »

Federer's going to play in Gstaad later this month. Sounds like he's really going after the points after his Wimbledon exit! It's very unusual to see him play on clay at this time of year...

Is there any sense in going back on to the clay before the hard court season, or is it purely about the points?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 ... 688 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »