Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 5 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 ... 671 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 134277 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4005 on: July 02, 2013, 03:40 PM »

Is there any sense in going back on to the clay before the hard court season, or is it purely about the points?

I think it must mainly be about the points for Federer (plus I imagine he'll be getting a huge appearance fee). I guess it gives him a chance of playing into form too - the long break he had before the clay swing didn't do him any good.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4006 on: July 02, 2013, 05:14 PM »

Federer's going to play in Gstaad later this month. Sounds like he's really going after the points after his Wimbledon exit! It's very unusual to see him play on clay at this time of year...

Points or dosh? Or never wishing to be out of the limelight?  Or practise? Though having said that it's quite a long time till RG Rolling Eyes Or will the Olympics be on clay next time Think
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4007 on: July 02, 2013, 05:29 PM »

Retirement tour.

Media fawning.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4008 on: July 03, 2013, 11:23 AM »

And he's playing Hamburg too - total turnaround in his scheduling for this part of the year.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4009 on: July 03, 2013, 12:12 PM »

LMFAO
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4010 on: July 03, 2013, 12:18 PM »

Oh Jesus. If Federer retires, can you imagine all the TV tributes and career reviews?
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4011 on: July 03, 2013, 12:21 PM »

Points plain and simple.   
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4012 on: July 03, 2013, 12:33 PM »

Federer is going to retire this year. He's done, instead he has to go to Vulture-Nation to get points. Hilarious.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4013 on: July 03, 2013, 01:05 PM »

Apparently Ferrer might pull out - injury according to Talk Sport that is!
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4014 on: July 03, 2013, 01:17 PM »

Apparently Ferrer might pull out - injury according to Talk Sport that is!
Del Potro might retire first, he's sitting out injured already.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4015 on: July 03, 2013, 01:54 PM »

Oh Jesus. If Federer retires, can you imagine all the TV tributes and career reviews?
It will be just as sickly as when Ferguson retired. Will be like he died the way people fawn over him and the media inform us how great he was and how he's the greatest ever.. of course neglecting the whole logic behind comparing eras or the fact that he's been completely owned by Nadal ever since he came on to the scene.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4016 on: July 03, 2013, 02:36 PM »

"andy, next on centre court"" a little commercial break , ever seen that before? liked it!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4017 on: July 03, 2013, 02:37 PM »

K
"andy, next on centre court"" a little commercial break , ever seen that before? liked it!

Was good but ramps up the pressure, I hope the CC crowd are better today
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4018 on: July 03, 2013, 02:46 PM »

the pressure is already on the maximum level, more is not possible....

Btw Andy asked the crowd for making more noise...in his tweets:

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
2nd on tomorrow vs verdasco.Thanks for all the messages will give it 100 percent... #makesomenoise

Best way to handle it probably!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4019 on: July 03, 2013, 02:54 PM »

Yeah I saw that, hope the crowd respond, feeling a little tad nervous about this one !!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 ... 671 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »