Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 ... 668 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 132342 times)
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4020 on: July 03, 2013, 02:56 PM »

TB must be the worst serial choker, 2nd set to Djoko.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4021 on: July 03, 2013, 03:03 PM »

Yeah I saw that, hope the crowd respond, feeling a little tad nervous about this one !!

why for this one?
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4022 on: July 03, 2013, 03:05 PM »

not that I'm not nervous, feel sick already...but that's business as usual
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4023 on: July 03, 2013, 03:24 PM »

TB must be the worst serial choker, 2nd set to Djoko.

I don't usually like words like 'choker' being banded about, but it's spot on about Berdych. He may as well have just not bothered to show up if he was going to give up, especially in the second set. I didn't expect Berdych to win, but I did expect him to look like he was trying to.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4024 on: July 03, 2013, 07:56 PM »

Yeah I saw that, hope the crowd respond, feeling a little tad nervous about this one !!

You was right!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4025 on: July 11, 2013, 11:07 AM »

Was never sure what to make of Tomas Berdych, but reading his Twitter account, I now realise that he's completely fruity-go-loopy nuts.

https://twitter.com/tomasberdych
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4026 on: July 13, 2013, 12:09 PM »

What's going on with TB he has just gone out in straight sets to the World No 104. The lad needs a Lendl, (but he obviously can't have ours....!!!).
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4027 on: July 13, 2013, 03:21 PM »

Sharapova's going to be coached by Jimmy Connors - bit of a surprise choice there! Perhaps after seeing how successful Andy's been with Lendl, she wanted to try an ex-champion as a coach.

I've not been following tennis this week but see that Verdasco is through to the Bastad final (beating Dimitrov). It's good to see him regain form in his last 3 tournaments - Eastbourne SF, Wimbledon QF, Bastad F.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4028 on: July 13, 2013, 03:22 PM »

Sharapova's going to be coached by Jimmy Connors - bit of a surprise choice there! Perhaps after seeing how successful Andy's been with Lendl, she wanted to try an ex-champion as a coach.

I've not been following tennis this week but see that Verdasco is through to the Bastad final (beating Dimitrov). It's good to see him regain form in his last 3 tournaments - Eastbourne SF, Wimbledon QF, Bastad F.

Connor's will get Sharapova no where. He was unable to do it with Roddick.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4029 on: July 13, 2013, 05:18 PM »

It does seem a strange choice. They seem so different in personality but who knows, maybe it will work. I remember Connors wanting to coach Andy a few years back - I'm glad he waited and went for Lendl though!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4030 on: July 14, 2013, 03:50 AM »

Given Roddick's temperament that didn't surprise me.  Some men are very good at coaching women players, so perhaps it might work out.  I hope he does one thing though - put a stop to her screeching!

[ Last edit by Aileen July 14, 2013, 03:56 AM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4031 on: July 14, 2013, 03:51 AM »

Given Roddick's temperament that didn't surprise me.  I just hope he can handle Laura's, she's such a feisty little madam.

Laura? I thought he was coaching Maria. lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4032 on: July 14, 2013, 03:54 AM »

Laura? I thought he was coaching Maria. lol
I had already edited that howler.  Obviously time I went to bed. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4033 on: July 14, 2013, 03:56 AM »

Given Roddick's temperament that didn't surprise me.  Some men are very good at coaching women players though, so perhaps it might work out.  I hope he does one thing though - put a stop to her screeching!

Have you ever watched a Maria/Venus match, now that's music to my ears!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #4034 on: July 14, 2013, 07:32 AM »

Maria's main problem against Serena is her movement. Against lesser players whom she can overpower, its not so much of a problem, but against Serena.......
 Dunno how Connors is gonna help that. Serena is much older than Maria though, so no doubt the tide will turn.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 ... 668 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »