Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 ... 688 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 141828 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5295 on: August 24, 2013, 07:06 PM »

Congrats to Melzer, but what a shame for Monfils. He's had some rotten luck with injuries.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5296 on: August 24, 2013, 07:24 PM »

really sorry to read that about Monfils - such a shame.  A bit close to USO for him to be able to take part I'd have thought, unless it was a precautionary withdrawal
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5297 on: August 24, 2013, 07:36 PM »

Monfils had to retire injured in the Winston-Salem final against Melzer - he was down 3-6, 1-2 at the time. Injuries really have held Gael back so much in his career - he's got so much talent but there's always an injury that slows his progress down. Frown Hope he'll be ok for the USO.

Nice win for Melzer though. He's working with Galo Blanco now - it must feel good to win a title so early on in their coaching partnership.
I'm so sorry to hear that about Monfils.  He really does have the most terrible bad luck with injuries.  Maybe he just felt a twinge or some sort of niggle and pulled out as a precaution.  I'd hate to see him have to withdraw from the USO, but that's the risk you take by playing the week before a Slam.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5298 on: August 24, 2013, 10:19 PM »

Annoying that Laura and Dan have been scheduled for the same time on Monday - both first on court starting at 11am (4pm UK).
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5299 on: August 24, 2013, 10:34 PM »

Melzer rising.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5300 on: August 25, 2013, 01:16 AM »

I wonder why everyone is looking forwards apart from Federer, maybe he caught his reflection in a mirror or something

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5301 on: August 25, 2013, 02:08 AM »

I wonder why everyone is looking forwards apart from Federer, maybe he caught his reflection in a mirror or something

Well (McEnroe?) isn't looking forwards either.  In fact he seems to be saying something to Borg.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5302 on: August 25, 2013, 02:53 AM »

Look at Lendl.

Impervious to the tomfoolery going on around him.

Solid as a rock.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5303 on: August 25, 2013, 05:58 AM »

This pic reminds me of the famous three monkeys analogy.

Who do you think looks the most confident?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5304 on: August 25, 2013, 08:16 AM »

Yep.......I think you've got him sussed! Nice one!  w00t
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5305 on: August 25, 2013, 08:19 AM »

Look at Lendl.

Impervious to the tomfoolery going on around him.

Solid as a rock.
Yes Scot......in fact, from where he's standing, he looks as though he's trying to 'distance' himself from the rest!  Wink
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5306 on: August 25, 2013, 10:10 AM »

Fun the interpretations of pictures!

I am getting excited that if two "lesser" players in top twenty of Race to London have a really good US Open and get to semis then Federer might not make the O2? Especially if he exits early. Andy is nearly certain and a QF would be enough? On other Murraysworld topics the talk of Fed progressing beyond QF's at US Open seems a little fanciful to me. I just do not want any chance of having semi tickets for London with him playing!

On Laura and Dan do you think that they will be televised on those courts?
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5307 on: August 25, 2013, 02:09 PM »

I do have a soft spot for Guga though, he has a wicked grin
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5308 on: August 25, 2013, 03:22 PM »

On Laura and Dan do you think that they will be televised on those courts?

I seem to remember that they televise quite a few courts at USO so my guess is that these will be
IP Logged
jillypops

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5309 on: August 25, 2013, 05:04 PM »

Remain totally unconvinced about Kneedal. His purported knee problems have been going on for years. They are not simply the matter of a damaged tendon that can be treated and Tsonga can return to action. Didn't you say Tsonga retired from that match injured? Nadal fought on to the last game of that 5 setter against Rosol. He showed no indication of knee problems during that match. The knees were only given an airing by way of an excuse after the match. During his absence wasn't Kneedal playing golf, which is another sport hard on the knees? Since returning has Kneedal given any indication of joint protection techniques? I think you yourself drew attention to those photographs of him sitting back on his knees after his first win? No whatever the reason he was out for 7 months,  you can very sure his knees had nothing to do with it, (in my opinion).

Interesting article in the Sunday Mail today, "How the fight against doping is being undermined by genetics.
Many people shocked to learn Sportsmen can be doping under the radar.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 ... 688 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »