Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 ... 690 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 145282 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5310 on: August 25, 2013, 05:38 PM »

Find it disgusting that Ferrer could be ranked higher than Muzz man after the USO.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5311 on: August 25, 2013, 06:14 PM »

Find it disgusting that Ferrer could be ranked higher than Muzz man after the USO.

I like Ferrer, but come on Prod, be realistic. Andy can't gain at the USO, we know that, but Ferrer has to defend his semi final points from last year as well. Given his form this year, where he definitely has been a lot more up and down, he may well not do that. I'm not at all convinced he will, with all due respect.

Either way, he's not winning a semi at the USO, he just isn't, and he'd need to to increase his points on Andy, and even then it wouldn't be enough, if my memory is right of the points distribution in slams. As much as I like him, and I really do, I'm also realistic. The French, in my view, was Ferrer's peak. I'll eat my hat if anything else happens.

Andy's biggest challenge for the rest of the year is keeping it close enough to gain that no.2 spot back. He doesn't need to worry about Ferrer.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5312 on: August 25, 2013, 08:16 PM »

This pic reminds me of the famous three monkeys analogy.

Who do you think looks the most confident?
Difficult to tell, but I'd go for Federer.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5313 on: August 25, 2013, 08:40 PM »

I like Ferrer, but come on Prod, be realistic. Andy can't gain at the USO, we know that, but Ferrer has to defend his semi final points from last year as well. Given his form this year, where he definitely has been a lot more up and down, he may well not do that. I'm not at all convinced he will, with all due respect.

Either way, he's not winning a semi at the USO, he just isn't, and he'd need to to increase his points on Andy, and even then it wouldn't be enough, if my memory is right of the points distribution in slams. As much as I like him, and I really do, I'm also realistic. The French, in my view, was Ferrer's peak. I'll eat my hat if anything else happens.

Andy's biggest challenge for the rest of the year is keeping it close enough to gain that no.2 spot back. He doesn't need to worry about Ferrer.

Looking at Ferrer's draw, his main threat seems to be a possible meeting with Janowicz in R4.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5314 on: August 25, 2013, 08:42 PM »

Looking at Ferrer's draw, his main threat seems to be a possible meeting with Janowicz in R4.

Or Gulbis in 3R
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5315 on: August 25, 2013, 09:02 PM »

Or Gulbis in 3R
I think a Gulbis/Janowicz meeting could be very interesting.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5316 on: August 25, 2013, 09:57 PM »

I find it hilarious how poor the bottom section of the draw is.   Looks at Federer's draw.    sounds like he is an atp 250 tournie,    up until the qfs.

This USO is gonna be messy.     (hope rafa and fed go out as  soon as tho  Very Happy )  
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5317 on: August 25, 2013, 10:25 PM »

http://tomasberdych.cz/reply/D5129669

Tomas replied to me on Twitter, awesome.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5318 on: August 26, 2013, 08:03 AM »

http://tomasberdych.cz/reply/D5129669

Tomas replied to me on Twitter, awesome.

What did he say?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5319 on: August 26, 2013, 09:12 AM »

That could be interesting. Gulbis could be awkward as well, if he's in the mood or Ferrer is a bit below par, which he has been at times this year.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5320 on: August 26, 2013, 09:51 AM »

What did he say?
Yeah Prod......tell us!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5321 on: August 26, 2013, 10:44 AM »

so who would you be supporting in an Andy-Birdy QF then prod?
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5322 on: August 26, 2013, 10:46 AM »

Two retirements seem to be looming: Xavier Malisse said yesterday that this US Open will be his last, though he is hoping to play one more Australian Open.

And James Blake has called a press conference today, and the rumours are that he too will be announcing his retirement.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5323 on: August 26, 2013, 10:52 AM »

Two retirements seem to be looming: Xavier Malisse said yesterday that this US Open will be his last, though he is hoping to play one more Australian Open.

And James Blake has called a press conference today, and the rumours are that he too will be announcing his retirement.

-snorts- Without Blake, America have NO good players.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5324 on: August 26, 2013, 12:19 PM »

Interesting article in the Sunday Mail today, "How the fight against doping is being undermined by genetics.
Many people shocked to learn Sportsmen can be doping under the radar.

Very interesting article, thanks!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 ... 690 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »