Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 ... 690 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 145595 times)
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5355 on: September 05, 2013, 07:27 AM »

Q. Nadal is undefeated on hard courts this year and you're undefeated on clay. Patrick said this year balance was really important with your clay game. I wondered about transitioning from clay to hard courts, what the challenges have been?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, actually, it's a lot easier, the transition, because the hard courts have gotten so slow since when I started playing.
They were a lot faster. And now it's just so many more balls come back, and it's just almost basically playing on a fast clay court. I think the transition is a lot easier than it used to be.

This is exactly what the pundits were saying and hinted at this being deliberate so that the crowd puller Nadal would find it easier to win, especially IW. Serena has just confirmed it.  They have done the same to grass I believe.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5356 on: September 05, 2013, 07:56 AM »

This is exactly what the pundits were saying and hinted at this being deliberate so that the crowd puller Nadal would find it easier to win, especially IW. Serena has just confirmed it.  They have done the same to grass I believe.

I think the comments should be more accurately written to say Kneedal and Williams respective chemists are undefeated this year.......!!! They are the people who are actually wining in my opinion.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5357 on: September 05, 2013, 07:58 AM »

I think the comments should be more accurately written to say Kneedal and Williams respective chemists are undefeated this year.......!!! They are the people who are actually wining in my opinion.

Please for the love of god and the saving of my own life tell me you did not just infer SERENA WILLIAMS is doping?
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5358 on: September 05, 2013, 08:09 AM »

Please for the love of god and the saving of my own life tell me you did not just infer SERENA WILLIAMS is doping?

If I am suspicious of Kneedal how can I not be suspicious of  Williams as well? There are almost as many rumours about her.  However I don't care enough about women's tennis to get the flack for any comments, so I accept your view that there is nothing remotely untoward about her performances, odd injuries and deliberately avoidance of drugs testing on occasion.

I retract my comment.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5359 on: September 11, 2013, 06:52 AM »

The struggles of shaving!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5360 on: September 12, 2013, 12:38 PM »

Janowicz out of Poland's DC tie vs Australia Frown. I had been looking forward to JJ vs Tomic for months:

Dear All,
I'm sorry to say that together with the team I decided to withdraw from participating in upcoming Davis Cup matches. As you know, during my stay in New York I got seriously injured (spine injury). My participation in the matches would pose a threat not only to my health, but also to the interest of the team. I believe that MichaƂ will successfully substitute for me. It was a difficult decision and I've been waiting to the last minute to make it. At the same time I'd like to thank for all messages and good words after my last US Open match. Regardless of the current situation we hope for you support! See you on Friday in Warsaw!
JJ
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5361 on: September 12, 2013, 01:31 PM »

ah shame prod.  I don't like JJ but he can certainly play and sorry to hear he has a serious injury.  I didn't know that.  Interestingly my pilates teacher predicted he could get a serious injury because, on the basis of watching him play Andy at Wimbledon on tv, she says he lacks core stability - whereas Andy has very good core stability she says.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5362 on: September 12, 2013, 01:33 PM »

Always seems to be the taller guys that are more injury prone. Rumour is JJ has herniated disk in back :/
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5363 on: September 12, 2013, 03:45 PM »

Always seems to be the taller guys that are more injury prone. Rumour is JJ has herniated disk in back :/

That sounds nasty and I'm sorry to hear it. JJ isn't a big favourite of mine, but I wouldn't wish that on him. It was obvious in his last USO match that he wasn't right by any means. Even his serve was well off compared to normal.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5364 on: September 12, 2013, 05:14 PM »

Should JJ have played at the USO? I didn't see the match, but I thought at the time it sounded as though perhaps he should have pulled out and let someone else have the place. A difficult decision I'm sure.

"It was like being stabbed in the back by a knife," the 22-year-old said of his injury. "I felt bad in my lower back. For three days I haven't been able to practice, I could barely walk. I was in really good shape before this happened and that's why I'm fricking disappointed.
"I was just working hard in the gymnasium when it happened. Today before the match I had injections, strong pain killers. But I couldn't serve. I just couldn't serve."
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/tennis-janowiczs-underhand-serve-brings-u-s-open-210503538.html
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5365 on: September 12, 2013, 05:21 PM »

Should JJ have played at the USO? I didn't see the match, but I thought at the time it sounded as though perhaps he should have pulled out and let someone else have the place. A difficult decision I'm sure.

"It was like being stabbed in the back by a knife," the 22-year-old said of his injury. "I felt bad in my lower back. For three days I haven't been able to practice, I could barely walk. I was in really good shape before this happened and that's why I'm fricking disappointed.
"I was just working hard in the gymnasium when it happened. Today before the match I had injections, strong pain killers. But I couldn't serve. I just couldn't serve."
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/tennis-janowiczs-underhand-serve-brings-u-s-open-210503538.html

Shouldn't have played.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5366 on: September 12, 2013, 06:26 PM »

@Prod
Is it because of the way he serves? Puts pressure on his back, perhaps?
Sorry though, don't particularly like him but would not wish a back injury on anyone.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5367 on: September 12, 2013, 07:14 PM »

Unsure, there seems to be trend of big guys getting big injuries, might have to do some reading into why they're more injury prone than the shorter guys.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5368 on: September 12, 2013, 07:50 PM »

@Prod
Not sure about that eg Hewitt, Kei, Simon, just three, not especially tall, off the top of my head. I think most sportspeople carry chronic injuries. I remember watching the Winter Olympics and being horrified at the number of injuries/accidents the skiers, bob sleighers etc get.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5369 on: September 12, 2013, 10:23 PM »

The struggles of shaving!
Poor bairn looks knackered.  Those are some dark shadows under his eyes.  Frown
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 ... 690 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »