Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 ... 742 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 166572 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5985 on: October 22, 2013, 06:34 PM »

Stan goes out with a double fault, Roger-Vasselin wins 6-4 6-3. So Stan back in 8th place in the race, behind Fed
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5986 on: October 22, 2013, 06:36 PM »

Niemenen and Tursenov just beat Granollers and Lopez - hopefully that should help Jamie and John's cause.

I think Marc and Marcel have already qualified.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5987 on: October 22, 2013, 07:45 PM »

I think Marc and Marcel have already qualified.

I was hoping that Niemenen & Tursenov might be an easier prospect than Granollers and Lopez.

IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5988 on: October 22, 2013, 07:47 PM »

Stan goes out with a double fault, Roger-Vasselin wins 6-4 6-3. So Stan back in 8th place in the race, behind Fed
Stan was never going to maintain the high level he reached at USO - not consistently good enough.  Plus, I think he and JWT are getting ready for a real go at Paris.  Djoker and Rafa won't be interested.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5989 on: October 22, 2013, 07:59 PM »

For someone who only got into tennis because of Andy, you've certainly got to know your stuff. Very impressive.

I've definitely got Andy to thank for getting me so interested in tennis. Smile

I'm disappointed Stan lost. Hope this isn't going to hurt his chances of qualifying for London. I'd love someone different to qualify this year (especially Stan as he's never qualified before), and he's had such a good year up to this point. This time last year he was 17 in the world - he's improved so much this season.

I see Simon lost 6-1, 6-0 to Falla - really wasn't expecting that scoreline (and result) but Simon has been struggling with injury recently.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5990 on: October 22, 2013, 08:04 PM »

I wondered if Simon was injured when I saw that score line.  Sorry to see that Stan lost - maybe he has his eyes fixed on Paris.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5991 on: October 22, 2013, 08:13 PM »

I wondered if Simon was injured when I saw that score line.  Sorry to see that Stan lost - maybe he has his eyes fixed on Paris.

He's normally such a big fighter that I think he must be injured still - shame.

I'm worried about Paris for Stan as he's not the best indoor player - there's a real chance that Gasquet and Tsonga could overtake him. Wish he'd played last week like Gasquet did and got some extra points. Hope he gets a kind draw in Paris.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5992 on: October 22, 2013, 08:58 PM »

Stan the friend giving Muger doggy treats... disgraceful
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5993 on: October 22, 2013, 09:09 PM »

I wondered if Simon was injured when I saw that score line.  Sorry to see that Stan lost - maybe he has his eyes fixed on Paris.

Simon winning just one game, Berlocq retiring after two, Tipsy after three yesterday - should these people have played?

Being a bit of a rankings nerd (and someone with tickets for WTF, so interested to know who'll be there) - Stan did have to win three matches to start gaining points in the race, so maybe he wasn't too bothered about an early exit. Any points gained next week will count. Same for Gasquet and Berdy, though more incentive for Berdy to do well this week, as he could secure his WTF place if he reaches the final (I think!)

Here's another table giving race calculations - players count 4 slams, 8 masters, and 6 best of the rest -and this table shows what their current 6 best are. Points this week only count once they are higher than those in the far right column. It also gives number of tournaments actually played as discussed the other day - correctly showing Andy at only 13

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_ATP_World_Tour_Finals
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5994 on: October 22, 2013, 09:36 PM »

Berdych out in R1 of Basel. He is not doing a lot to end his title less year is he? Are they back to playing the "how quickly can I lose game?"
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5995 on: October 22, 2013, 09:44 PM »

Berdych out in R1 of Basel. He is not doing a lot to end his title less year is he? Are they back to playing the "how quickly can I lose game?"
He took his time - out 6-4 6-7 6-7 v Karlovic at 10.30pm in an almost empty stadium.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5996 on: October 22, 2013, 09:51 PM »

Berdy really is rubbish at the moment - not helped by having such a one dimensional game.

Paris is going to be really interesting.  Whoever goes deep out of Gasquet, Stan, JWT, & Federer will have a really good chance of being at the O2.  Problem is.....go deep in Paris and you'll be knackered for the WTF i.e. WTF starts day after Paris Final hahaha
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5997 on: October 22, 2013, 10:11 PM »

Stanislas Wawrinka ‏@stanwawrinka 35m
C'était court... Trop court!! Mauvais... Trop mauvais! Sorry Basel!!!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5998 on: October 22, 2013, 10:17 PM »

Simon winning just one game, Berlocq retiring after two, Tipsy after three yesterday - should these people have played?

Being a bit of a rankings nerd (and someone with tickets for WTF, so interested to know who'll be there) - Stan did have to win three matches to start gaining points in the race, so maybe he wasn't too bothered about an early exit. Any points gained next week will count. Same for Gasquet and Berdy, though more incentive for Berdy to do well this week, as he could secure his WTF place if he reaches the final (I think!)

Here's another table giving race calculations - players count 4 slams, 8 masters, and 6 best of the rest -and this table shows what their current 6 best are. Points this week only count once they are higher than those in the far right column. It also gives number of tournaments actually played as discussed the other day - correctly showing Andy at only 13

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_ATP_World_Tour_Finals

Thanks for the info Elena - good to know that Stan still has a chance. The wikipedia website is really useful - it's good to be able to compare players' scores directly instead of looking them up one-by-one on the ATP website.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #5999 on: October 22, 2013, 10:37 PM »

Thanks for the info Elena - good to know that Stan still has a chance. The wikipedia website is really useful - it's good to be able to compare players' scores directly instead of looking them up one-by-one on the ATP website.

Thanks Katie - all I do is share stuff I've learnt on the internet - and lots of that , like the wiki page, is thanks to Steven @GBtennis.

Edit - I see that the wiki page now has Berdy down as qualified for WTF - which seems reasonable. Top 9 qualify (except Andy )so can't see Berdy would get pushed into 10th place.

Edit again - maybe I was imagining things? Berdych not down as qualified now...
[ Last edit by Elena October 23, 2013, 12:16 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 ... 742 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »