Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 400 [401] 402 403 404 ... 668 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 132064 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6000 on: October 23, 2013, 08:37 AM »

Thanks Katie - all I do is share stuff I've learnt on the internet - and lots of that , like the wiki page, is thanks to Steven @GBtennis.

Edit - I see that the wiki page now has Berdy down as qualified for WTF - which seems reasonable. Top 9 qualify (except Andy )so can't see Berdy would get pushed into 10th place.

Edit again - maybe I was imagining things? Berdych not down as qualified now...

He is practically qualified due to stan da friend losing... probably why he tanked.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6001 on: October 23, 2013, 12:31 PM »

Berdych out in R1 of Basel. He is not doing a lot to end his title less year is he? Are they back to playing the "how quickly can I lose game?"

No, it sounds like Berdych is just continuing the 'how inconsistent can I be?' thing Smile.

I still want Tsonga to qualify for the WTF. I need someone to support in Andy's absence.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6002 on: October 23, 2013, 02:24 PM »

No, it sounds like Berdych is just continuing the 'how inconsistent can I be?' thing Smile.

I still want Tsonga to qualify for the WTF. I need someone to support in Andy's absence.

When I am fed up I think of Berdych's comment "When I win a Grand Slam", it always cheers me up. The guy can't keep it together to win a 250, so not a hope of getting a GS.

I agree with you about Tsonga. He needs to be in and Federer out.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6003 on: October 23, 2013, 02:43 PM »

When I am fed up I think of Berdych's comment "When I win a Grand Slam", it always cheers me up. The guy can't keep it together to win a 250, so not a hope of getting a GS.

Basel is a 500. lol
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6004 on: October 23, 2013, 02:48 PM »

He should have done it in 2010. Beat Fed and Djokovic back to back but bent over to his Master Nadal in the Final...
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6005 on: October 23, 2013, 04:07 PM »

He should have done it in 2010. Beat Fed and Djokovic back to back but bent over to his Master Nadal in the Final...

I suppose I was thinking more that for all his bravado he hasn't even managed a single 250 this year, much less anything better.  I am still shocked by just how few titles he has won in his career.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6006 on: October 23, 2013, 04:20 PM »

Gasquet loses. This is not good. Monfils no match for Ferrer. Need a better effort from the French in Paris? Could istomin beat Federer? That would improve my day a little.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6007 on: October 23, 2013, 04:20 PM »

On the subject of Berdych, he's just qualified.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6008 on: October 23, 2013, 04:38 PM »

I just hope that I do not have to watch Berdy at the O2! That would bring a new meaning to the word BOREDOM. I think that I would miss out going.  I very much hope that he has no chance to get as far as a semi.

Now dreaming that a last four in Paris of Raonic, Stan W, Gasquet and Tsonga might still influence the WTF line up? Is that the only opportunity left for these guys to get there now?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6009 on: October 23, 2013, 04:51 PM »

I just hope that I do not have to watch Berdy at the O2! That would bring a new meaning to the word BOREDOM. I think that I would miss out going.  I very much hope that he has no chance to get as far as a semi.

Now dreaming that a last four in Paris of Raonic, Stan W, Gasquet and Tsonga might still influence the WTF line up? Is that the only opportunity left for these guys to get there now?

How is Berdych boring?
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6010 on: October 23, 2013, 04:52 PM »

It'll be interesting to see who wins Basel with the first round upsets of the past couple of days. Usually I'd say Del Potro as he's great at 500 level events, but he only arrived from Argentina yesterday and faces Baghdatis next. He may want to save himself for Paris/London. Perhaps Federer will take advantage.

Ferrer looked really good in Valencia, defeating Monfils 6-3, 6-2. Shame they had to meet so early though - draws like this aren't helping Gael's ranking.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6011 on: October 23, 2013, 04:59 PM »

How is Berdych boring?

Tell me something about his tennis that is magical and exciting. Have you ever seen him play any point like one of those inspired rallies that Andy plays. I need more than one of these to be convinced.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6012 on: October 23, 2013, 05:31 PM »

Tell me something about his tennis that is magical and exciting. Have you ever seen him play any point like one of those inspired rallies that Andy plays. I need more than one of these to be convinced.

Great attacking game
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6013 on: October 23, 2013, 05:35 PM »

Great attacking game

Hit and hope mainly. You could not give me details of any match where he demonstrated top level skills?
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6014 on: October 23, 2013, 05:46 PM »

Fed down a set to Istomin...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 400 [401] 402 403 404 ... 668 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »