Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 5 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 ... 671 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 134269 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6735 on: January 01, 2014, 06:25 PM »

Daniel Brands just took the first set v Ferrer

Good to see Nadal was pushed, shame about Kamke's DF at 30-40 in the 3rd set, leaving Rafa to serve for the match.

Looked like Gulbis v Kubot was heading for a repeat of the Gulbis/Evans match yesterday at 6-2 4-6 4-0, but Kubot avoided the bagel.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6736 on: January 01, 2014, 06:45 PM »

Did you see this tweet from Andy yesterday?
"Fabrice santoro doing some work with dolgopolov... has to be the best coach/player fit out there! #unpredictable"

no I didn't. I saw he was in his box and did wonder if that meant he was working with him.  Lucky dolgo!  Love Fabrice  wub  and his game of course
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6737 on: January 01, 2014, 07:10 PM »

no I didn't. I saw he was in his box and did wonder if that meant he was working with him.  Lucky dolgo!  Love Fabrice  wub  and his game of course

Don't think there is any formal arrangement confirmed at the moment - but interesting....

With Ferrer out, Nadal and Gulbis are the only seeds through to QF in Doha (and playing each other)! Let's see what happens with Gasquet/Monfils
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6738 on: January 02, 2014, 01:35 PM »

Seeds have been falling in Brisbane as well, with only Fed [1], Nishi [2] and Chardy [8] still in at QF stage.

Marius Copil (WR147) - who beat James Ward in 3 sets in Qualifying round 2, is through to the QF after beating third seed Giles Simon in straight sets. Seems to be on a good run - unfortunately for Wardy!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6739 on: January 02, 2014, 01:45 PM »

Seeds have been falling in Brisbane as well, with only Fed [1], Nishi [2] and Chardy [8] still in at QF stage.

Marius Copil (WR147) - who beat James Ward in 3 sets in Qualifying round 2, is through to the QF after beating third seed Giles Simon in straight sets. Seems to be on a good run - unfortunately for Wardy!

It really hasn't been a good week for the seeds! But I guess it's not too surprising in the first week of the season - ideal time for lower-ranked players to score upset wins.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6740 on: January 02, 2014, 01:59 PM »

It really hasn't been a good week for the seeds! But I guess it's not too surprising in the first week of the season - ideal time for lower-ranked players to score upset wins.

There also seem to be quite a lot of injuries so early in the season. Awful day yesterday in Brisbane WTA singles tournament with only Azarenka's match completed. Sharapova and Voegele got walkovers, Kerber's opponent retired.

In Chennai today Fognini has retired, Pospy has a walkover. Also 2 retirements yesterday.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6741 on: January 02, 2014, 02:08 PM »

I've been watching a bit of the Hopman Cup. Poland's Grzegorz Panfil has been having the time of his life. Ranked 288 and last year earned less than $20,000.00. Saw his thrash Milos Raonic. I don't understand why he (Panfil) continues to play Challengers.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6742 on: January 02, 2014, 02:43 PM »

I've been watching a bit of the Hopman Cup. Poland's Grzegorz Panfil has been having the time of his life. Ranked 288 and last year earned less than $20,000.00. Saw his thrash Milos Raonic. I don't understand why he (Panfil) continues to play Challengers.

He's mightily strong from what I saw, bashes the ball left right and centre.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6743 on: January 02, 2014, 03:04 PM »

There also seem to be quite a lot of injuries so early in the season. Awful day yesterday in Brisbane WTA singles tournament with only Azarenka's match completed. Sharapova and Voegele got walkovers, Kerber's opponent retired.

In Chennai today Fognini has retired, Pospy has a walkover. Also 2 retirements yesterday.

That is a lot of injuries in one day. Gasquet didn't look good yesterday either with his back injury and perhaps shouldn't have played. Hope everyone can recover for the AO.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6744 on: January 03, 2014, 11:08 AM »

Matosevic tanks vs Fed. Cements his reputation as a nutjob.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6745 on: January 03, 2014, 11:16 AM »

Matosevic tanks vs Fed. Cements his reputation as a nutjob.

Tanks? When its 6-0 6-0 or 6-1 6-1, it doesn't constitute a tank. I watched the match and Matosevic looked like he was trying hard enough.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6746 on: January 03, 2014, 12:13 PM »

Just what I read on Twitter. But I just saw 6 minutes of You Tube highlights and I wouldn't describe it as tanking. His body language wasn't the best, though.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6747 on: January 03, 2014, 02:44 PM »

Good to see Vasek playing so well. Leads 4-1 against Yuki Bhambri for a place in the Chennai Open semis.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6748 on: January 03, 2014, 03:35 PM »

HAHAHAHAAHA THUGDAL
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #6749 on: January 03, 2014, 03:45 PM »

Nadal breaks..... Well Peter....
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 ... 671 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »