Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 ... 702 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 151999 times)
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #8235 on: March 24, 2014, 07:43 PM »

Delpo having wrist surgery today. I wish him well. Tennis is better with him at the sharp end of things.

The BBC reports that he's going to miss the whole of the rest of this season.   That's a real tragedy for him.  It's his left wrist, the other side from his 2010 operation.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #8236 on: March 24, 2014, 09:30 PM »

So much talent, and so much drive after the long haul back from his other wrist surgery.

Poor guy. Hope he recovers quickly and returns to the tour ready to kick ass.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #8237 on: March 24, 2014, 09:33 PM »

He sent a picture of himslf and the Dr saying everything went well and thanking everyone for their kind messages.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #8238 on: March 24, 2014, 09:48 PM »

He sent a picture of himslf and the Dr saying everything went well and thanking everyone for their kind messages.

Good to hear.

Haste ye back, Juan Martin.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #8239 on: March 24, 2014, 10:41 PM »

Gutting for DelPo. Frown He should be a multi-slam champ by now. And now, he probably never will be. This will set him back another two years, at least.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #8240 on: March 25, 2014, 01:49 AM »

The BBC reports that he's going to miss the whole of the rest of this season.   That's a real tragedy for him.  It's his left wrist, the other side from his 2010 operation.
I don't believe anything the media says when it comes to predictions, so hopefully he won't be out that long.

Well that's at least something encouraging, but I just feel so sorry for him.  As TMH says he would probably have won more Slams by now.  I get very peed off when people say his USO win was a fluke because if they'd watched the match it clearly wasn't. 

IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #8241 on: March 25, 2014, 01:59 AM »

Venus being over powered by someone a foot smaller than her. 6-1 Cibulkova. Get your game together for god sake.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #8242 on: March 25, 2014, 02:10 AM »

What has height to do with it, Gangsta?  I'm sure she's beaten players even smaller than this before now. 
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #8243 on: March 25, 2014, 02:12 AM »

What has height to do with it, Gangsta?  I'm sure she's beaten players even smaller than this before now. 

Cibulkova is 5'3'', the fact she can produce the amount of power she does is quite supernatural. Venus is 6'3'' however. There is a huge difference in this encounter, you would expect Venus to dominate it all.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #8244 on: March 25, 2014, 02:23 AM »

Cibulkova is 5'3'', the fact she can produce the amount of power she does is quite supernatural. Venus is 6'3'' however. There is a huge difference in this encounter, you would expect Venus to dominate it all.
She's only an inch smaller than I am, so I don't see why her power should surprise you that much.  It's 3-3 atm, so maybe Venus has got her game together now. 
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #8245 on: March 25, 2014, 02:30 AM »

She's getting her running now, come on Vee!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #8246 on: March 25, 2014, 02:36 AM »

Serving for the set, don't screw it up Vee.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #8247 on: March 25, 2014, 02:56 AM »

Yessss! Set, 7-5. Come on Venus.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #8248 on: March 25, 2014, 04:16 AM »

Venus was struggling at the start of the 3rd but managed to pull back to 3-4, after which she lost the next two games and the match.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #8249 on: March 25, 2014, 06:33 AM »

oh shame I like venus
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 ... 702 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »