Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Australian Open 2012: The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 67 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2012: The Other Players

(Read 12771 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 12:25 AM »

If Roger can maintain the level he found at the end of this season then it is tough to see anyone stopping him in Melbourne with the possible exception on Djokovic who plays some fantastic tennis in Melbourne his game is ideally suited to that surface, but the big question for me is just how much has the Serb recovered from a record breaking but gruelling 2011.

Against anyone else I feel like every match is on Roger's raquet,

Oh abosolutely! retard  I'm away to take my medication right now.  doctor

One thing is for sure - Fedex will play all his matches on Rod Laver and that the schedule will suit him more than anyone else Whistle
IP Logged
kel3350
Junior

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 12:30 AM »

Oh abosolutely! retard  I'm away to take my medication right now.  doctor

One thing is for sure - Fedex will play all his matches on Rod Laver and that the schedule will suit him more than anyone else Whistle
Tee hee.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 05:12 PM »

I must admit I'll be glad if Andy is with Rafa in the bottom half of the AO draw although I'm not sure Rafa will get as far as SF (like last year). If Nole and Smugfed meet in the semis it could be another snorter of a match - hopefully lasting 6 hours at 40 celsius.  Nole will win after saving 24 match points all on Smugfed's serve, but then retire before the Final due to heat exhaustion (he's done it in Melbourne before remember).  Andy offers to play Smugfed in Final instead but Smugfed declines knowing he'll lose anyway.  Andy wins 1st Grand Slam without hitting a ball.........wait........just woken up, sorry!   
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 05:15 PM »

Like it Mackem - but all the Andy detractors would have a field day!
[ Last edit by Alis December 19, 2011, 05:55 PM ] IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #34 on: December 19, 2011, 05:23 PM »

Like it Mackem - but all Andy the detractors would have a field day!
How right you are Alis and all those so-called experts and pundits will probably lobby for the title to be expunged from the records.
IP Logged
kel3350
Junior

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 05:32 PM »

I must admit I'll be glad if Andy is with Rafa in the bottom half of the AO draw although I'm not sure Rafa will get as far as SF (like last year). If Nole and Smugfed meet in the semis it could be another snorter of a match - hopefully lasting 6 hours at 40 celsius.  Nole will win after saving 24 match points all on Smugfed's serve, but then retire before the Final due to heat exhaustion (he's done it in Melbourne before remember).  Andy offers to play Smugfed in Final instead but Smugfed declines knowing he'll lose anyway.  Andy wins 1st Grand Slam without hitting a ball.........wait........just woken up, sorry!   
'Winning' by default? Would you really be happy with that?
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #36 on: December 19, 2011, 05:39 PM »

'Winning' by default? Would you really be happy with that?
Well I must admit - not entirely happy but I just want that 1st Slam done and out of the way. Beating Federer in the final would make most of us on MW very very happy indeed.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #37 on: December 19, 2011, 06:32 PM »

what are you on Mackem?    w00t
But the thought of Andy actually beating smugfed in the final is better than any illicit substance could produce.  Whistle
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #38 on: December 19, 2011, 08:39 PM »

what are you on Mackem?    w00t
But the thought of Andy actually beating smugfed in the final is better than any illicit substance could produce.  Whistle
Sorry Ruthie, was my imagination getting carried away a bit? Must have been taking too many glucosomine tablets!
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 05:27 AM »

Calling calling Andy's boys.  Time for you starting to make a noise in anticipation!  A picture of Andy together with one of his boys would make a great bag don't you think? w00t

Singlets are being prepared as we speak!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 04:11 PM »

If Roger can maintain the level he found at the end of this season then it is tough to see anyone stopping him in Melbourne with the possible exception on Djokovic who plays some fantastic tennis in Melbourne his game is ideally suited to that surface, but the big question for me is just how much has the Serb recovered from a record breaking but gruelling 2011.

Against anyone else I feel like every match is on Roger's raquet,

There's no reason for Woger not to maintain his level that he supposedly found at the end of this season. Why but he takes his matches way too seriously. I don't think he'd be able to forgive himself if he didn't. His scheduels are especially designed that way and the favours he gets at Slams are also part of his success. So if he loses then it would be simply because he's opponents played better tennis on that day. The reason why he wasn't able to win a Slam since 2010 AO is not because he couldn't keep his level at the same rate, but because there were players better than him on those occasions and played better tennis to win those titles.

Not every match is on Woger's raquet - not when you have guys like Nadal and Nole around. Even Tsonga and Berdych are pure threats to him if they catch him early. Those matches will be on their hands to win or lose. Too bad Andy never got the chance to play him in the semis or earlier on in his entire career. That could have portrayed a different scenario by now.  

The draws will be the biggest threat to all. And AO will probably want to go with someone that would make the most noise. They all want attention and money.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #41 on: December 23, 2011, 10:18 AM »

There's no reason for Woger not to maintain his level that he supposedly found at the end of this season. Why but he takes his matches way too seriously. I don't think he'd be able to forgive himself if he didn't. His scheduels are especially designed that way and the favours he gets at Slams are also part of his success. So if he loses then it would be simply because he's opponents played better tennis on that day. The reason why he wasn't able to win a Slam since 2010 AO is not because he couldn't keep his level at the same rate, but because there were players better than him on those occasions and played better tennis to win those titles.

Not every match is on Woger's raquet - not when you have guys like Nadal and Nole around. Even Tsonga and Berdych are pure threats to him if they catch him early. Those matches will be on their hands to win or lose. Too bad Andy never got the chance to play him in the semis or earlier on in his entire career. That could have portrayed a different scenario by now. 

The draws will be the biggest threat to all. And AO will probably want to go with someone that would make the most noise. They all want attention and money.

When you have won as much as Roger has you can afford to create a schedule that makes the majors your main focus. Tsonga and Berdych are always dangerous players, but Roger has since crushed Tsonga a few times including the US Open and hes taken good care of Berdych. the match against Tsonga Roger was 2 sets up.

Murray has never beaten Roger in a Slam as you rightly say both matches were in finals but no reason to think that a Semi or quarter would be any different, as Roger once said he is essentially an attacking player Murray is defensive, in that kind of match up the attacking player in this case Roger decides who wins the match, not the defensive player which is Murray.

Nadal is always a threat to Roger, but Roger when playing well is capable of beating him handily like he did at the O2, Djokovic is the only real concern but even he showed signs of fatigue towards the end of this season, how he starts 2012 will be very interesting indeed.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #42 on: December 23, 2011, 12:38 PM »

Singlets are being prepared as we speak!
That's good news.  Looking forward to seeing you all in action again.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #43 on: December 31, 2011, 05:13 PM »

Picture of Fed at Abu, and he has a massive boil on his face. Am wondering if mono has recurred.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #44 on: December 31, 2011, 05:16 PM »

Nah........It's probably just his smugness expanding outwards!  Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 67 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »