Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Australian Open 2012: The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2012: The Other Players

(Read 12724 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #930 on: January 30, 2012, 09:05 PM »

Ah.. now I see.  I like the dashes.
I'll do the dots.....
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #931 on: January 30, 2012, 09:08 PM »

That's why many of us relate so well to Andy. Down to earth and absolutely normal.
It is essential he has other interests, he would be a strange human being otherwise. Neither is it healthy for the mind or body to have no other interests. It must reduce stress levels too.
Rafa plays golf for instance.  He actually doesnt post a lot on FB, and its mainly a sentence, links to articles and photos.
He has a substantial following of fans to nurture too. Without fans, (the paying public) where would tennis be?

This is hilarious because not so long ago Facebook, twitter didn't even exist and we had no problems supporting players like Pete Sampras and all the other players. I am sure it adds variety but it's definitely not a necessity. Because it causes a lot of distractions, our office for example, doesn't allow us to browse any of these social networks. A lot of people are in fact completely addicted to such things.

But this was just a suggestion not that Andy will read it and follow it with all his heart. Far from it I am sure. Not sure why some of you are getting so over protective about it.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #932 on: January 30, 2012, 09:20 PM »

Are any of us niave enough to believe that Andy is not aware of all of his mental or technical shortcomings?
It sure sounds like it sometimes reading some comments.

He's sure to be working on a few things that we are not privy to and I am looking forward to see which aspects of his game he improves or changes first. Andy opens up quite a lot in cmparision to other players, nevertheless he will want to keep his own council regarding many aspects of his game.

The old adage, Rome was not built in a day comes to mind, but then Lendl was not on that job! Whistle
Watch this space Smile

Lashurst, with all due respect to you and some others, I come from a background where I am really very used to discussing these things. Let's say there will be threads like, "Rafa's gameplan against Nole" or "Federer's gameplan agaisnt Rafa" etc. and everyone would give their opinion as to what needs to be done. This would be mostly based on their observation of the current matches. Of course these players have coaches etc. but that doesn't mean one shouldn't discuss it or shouldn't give their opinion. I can't just sit here and support Murray blindly when I can have things to say and I’d like to have a discussion with let's say in this case 'theycanbillme' on these matters. But if this forum is closed to this sort of ideas or closed to open and honest discussions then probably it’s best I didn’t say anything at all.  I am again getting the feeling that I am much better off being on a more general forum where this sort of discussions are highly welcome.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #933 on: January 30, 2012, 09:26 PM »

Lashurst, with all due respect to you and some others, I come from a background where I am really very used to discussing these things. Let's say there will be threads like, "Rafa's gameplan against Nole" or "Federer's gameplan agaisnt Rafa" etc. and everyone would give their opinion as to what needs to be done. This would be mostly based on their observation of the current matches. Of course these players have coaches etc. but that doesn't mean one shouldn't discuss it or shouldn't give their opinion. I can't just sit here and support Murray blindly when I can have things to say and I’d like to have a discussion with let's say in this case 'theycanbillme' on these matters. But if this forum is closed to this sort of ideas or closed to open and honest discussions then probably it’s best I didn’t say anything at all.  I am again getting the feeling that I am much better off being on a more general forum where this sort of discussions are highly welcome.

Hmm, a lot of us here are pretty objective about Murray. More so than most fan sites.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #934 on: January 30, 2012, 09:28 PM »

agree grabcopy , actually when i first came here , I thought u guys were rather critical of him lol
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #935 on: January 30, 2012, 09:42 PM »

Emma Jean.. what forums you talking about?  Can't be MTF because their posts are no longer than 2 sentences at a time and must include the word 'mug' at all costs. I go there for a laugh. roflmao   Some hilarious posters there (and I've seen a couple of MW's there too.. you know who you are! Eyebrow raise.)

Can't be Andy Murray Fan Forum (altho' I see some of our fellow posters there too) because IMO they seem to be much less objective than here.

v2??
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #936 on: January 30, 2012, 10:21 PM »

Emma as Nigel said a lot of us are objective about Andy and have honest discussions.  We don't all blindly support him and we frequently have open and honest discussions.   If others see this as being negative that is there problem, the rest of us welcome this kind of debate.
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #937 on: January 30, 2012, 10:21 PM »

oops spelling mistake should be "their" and not there
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #938 on: January 30, 2012, 10:23 PM »

agree grabcopy , actually when i first came here , I thought u guys were rather critical of him lol

Us critical? Shame on you  shocking
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #939 on: January 30, 2012, 11:26 PM »

I, for one, absolutely find it puzzling how one finds Nadal in a better winning situation than Andy but hey, if anyone wants to go against the facts, then that's dandy.

Eyebrow raise.  We all have our view on things.
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #940 on: January 30, 2012, 11:32 PM »

Very Happy  Hi Bev - just as I'm about to go to bed up you pop
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #941 on: January 30, 2012, 11:33 PM »

Very Happy  Hi Bev - just as I'm about to go to bed up you pop

lol Lunch time Little tongue man
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #942 on: January 30, 2012, 11:36 PM »

Enjoy our lunch - I'm off to dream land.  Catch up with you later highfive
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #943 on: January 30, 2012, 11:36 PM »

not our lunch - your lunch
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #944 on: January 30, 2012, 11:39 PM »

lol Sweet dreams wave Just catching up with a few threads.  I'm missing tennis Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »