Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Australian Open 2012: The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 67 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2012: The Other Players

(Read 12563 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « on: December 01, 2011, 01:14 AM »

Lleyton Hewitt has been given a wildcard into next month's Australian Open.  How good does that sound - only next month. cmon yeah

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/12222516/hewitt-given-wildcard-for-aust-open/
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 12:13 AM »

Merchandise is on sale for the Australian Open - Fedex makes the bag for the 3rd year running that I know of Rolling Eyes

* AO Bag.JPG (38.64 KB, 500x500 - viewed 616 times.)
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 02:31 PM »

I am very happy for Lleyton. Always nice to see him in the mix.

Re: AO - this is what I posted on the other forum I think yesterday or the day before. Instead of rewriting it, I'll just copy and paste it here lol.

Thanks, Bev btw for opening this thread. This will let us talk about AO in general.

I find Federer just as much a contender as others. I believe it's going to be a very close contest between the top four. They are all very good on this surface and they have all pretty decent results on it. Federer has already won it four times. Nole has won it twice. Nadal's one time and Murray has made the final twice. So you can see how every one of them has a pretty decent shot at it. I believe this will all come down to the draws once again. I am not going to mention schedules etc., which is usually a key part of the whole process as well, but AO schedules have always been fair to players. If it's the usual suspects on each side, then the contest will be very close and will come down to who's feeling more confident at that time - not to mention - who's more healthy and fit given that far of the draw. A tough draw can take a lot out of you.

On the flip side, a couple of upsets may happen en route to semi. I think all the top players will be vulnerable to certain other players if they catch them early. They have their usual nemesis. You may even witness a very unusual final who knows. We'll just have to wait and see but I won't write anyone off. Players' current physical and mental state is not a direct reflection of next year. New Year will bring new motivation and they have a month to relax and rejuvenate. I think they will be all healthy and fit - not to mention, ready to go.

Having said all that - I am, as usual, very nervous about Andy! I can't wait for it but then again, maybe ... I can wait for it. I age 5 years with each match Andy plays in a GS and I kid you not. There was one time when I thought I was having a heart attack in installments. It's a miracle that I am even alive!!! lollol
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 02:32 PM »

Merchandise is on sale for the Australian Open - Fedex makes the bag for the 3rd year running that I know of Rolling Eyes

And to think our Andy made the fianls the last two years, really.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 07:09 AM »

I know!  I was going to ask my friend to bring me a bag back but I already have Fedex on my bag from this year.  Hopefully she will come back armed with pictures of Andy for me Very Happy
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 11:06 AM »

I bought a black tote bag from eBay, with Mrs then a big red heart, Andy Murray! Very handy, folds neatly in to your handbag.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 11:46 AM »

Third time lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 08:21 PM »

LOL - I love your enthusiasm!

A legend in the making...

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 05:04 PM »

Hi OSS, I hope you realize that I was being sarcastic there. Andy has made the final twice in a row here at the AO so it's only fitting that he makes it to the bag cover (lol) as he's the common factor, but I guess both Fedex and Novak are a bigger story at the moment. Bevc got my sarcasm though. Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 11:56 PM »

I have just realised that the same women are on the bag as this year - Williams and Stosur - Stosur I get, being Australian confused  
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 06:38 PM »

Calling calling Andy's boys.  Time for you starting to make a noise in anticipation!  A picture of Andy together with one of his boys would make a great bag don't you think? w00t
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 02:57 PM »

Soderling is out.
http://www.livetennisguide.com/2011/12/09/injured-robin-soderling-out-of-australian-grand-slam/
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 03:52 PM »

Much as I dislike the sod can't help but feel rather sorry for him.  I had glandular fever when a student and it was horrible.  I was lucky as I got over it relatively quickly but I know it can take ages.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 04:18 PM »

Much as I dislike the sod can't help but feel rather sorry for him.  I had glandular fever when a student and it was horrible.  I was lucky as I got over it relatively quickly but I know it can take ages.
Yes.. I feel bad for him too.  Although I'm also not a fan, I respect the fact he is an athlete who has also worked hard at his craft.  It's frustrating when you have no control over your health, even when you work so hard.
I know from personal experience... this year I've had several health issues due to no fault of my own.  The worse thing was an attack of shingles in my right ear.  Long story short it has caused disfigurement in my facial features, affected my balance, speech, hearing, confidence.  I haven't been able to work since March. Anyway... blah blah blah...
I've been a supporter of Andy since the very beginning, but as I've always worked full-time this is the first time I've been able to watch all his matches and 'talk' to other like-minded people.  I had no idea there was this other world out there!!
It's been a difficult year but I'm getting there.... Every cloud has a silver lining Smile
This forum has helped me immensely... thank you to all contributors.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 04:38 PM »

Yes.. I feel bad for him too.  Although I'm also not a fan, I respect the fact he is an athlete who has also worked hard at his craft.  It's frustrating when you have no control over your health, even when you work so hard.
I know from personal experience... this year I've had several health issues due to no fault of my own.  The worse thing was an attack of shingles in my right ear.  Long story short it has caused disfigurement in my facial features, affected my balance, speech, hearing, confidence.  I haven't been able to work since March. Anyway... blah blah blah...
I've been a supporter of Andy since the very beginning, but as I've always worked full-time this is the first time I've been able to watch all his matches and 'talk' to other like-minded people.  I had no idea there was this other world out there!!
It's been a difficult year but I'm getting there.... Every cloud has a silver lining Smile
This forum has helped me immensely... thank you to all contributors.
Well Scot sounds like you have had a bad time of it.let me wish you all the best for the comming year.Merry Christmas
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 67 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »