Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Australian Open 2012: The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 67 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2012: The Other Players

(Read 12513 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 04:20 PM »

Well Scot sounds like you have had a bad time of it.let me wish you all the best for the comming year.Merry Christmas
Aww.. thanks iamabritt hug
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 05:13 PM »

Yes.. I feel bad for him too.  Although I'm also not a fan, I respect the fact he is an athlete who has also worked hard at his craft.  It's frustrating when you have no control over your health, even when you work so hard.
I know from personal experience... this year I've had several health issues due to no fault of my own.  The worse thing was an attack of shingles in my right ear.  Long story short it has caused disfigurement in my facial features, affected my balance, speech, hearing, confidence.  I haven't been able to work since March. Anyway... blah blah blah...
I've been a supporter of Andy since the very beginning, but as I've always worked full-time this is the first time I've been able to watch all his matches and 'talk' to other like-minded people.  I had no idea there was this other world out there!!
It's been a difficult year but I'm getting there.... Every cloud has a silver lining Smile
This forum has helped me immensely... thank you to all contributors.
Really sorry to hear that scotnadian.  I do hope your health improves in 2012 and everything starts going better for you.  I'm glad you've found some solace in MW.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 05:29 PM »

Thanks Ruthie Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 05:19 PM »

I second both IMB and Ruthie! hug
IP Logged
kel3350
Junior

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 05:39 PM »

I think 2012 will be a repeat of 2011 as far as majors are concerned. We'll see...
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 02:54 PM »

I second both IMB and Ruthie! hug
Thanks Caz  Smile
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 03:16 PM »

Sorry to hear that too, Scotnadian - really hope that 2012 is a better year for you.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 03:44 PM »

Thanks Alis  Smile  Onwards and upwards.....
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 02:59 PM »

Yes.. I feel bad for him too.  Although I'm also not a fan, I respect the fact he is an athlete who has also worked hard at his craft.  It's frustrating when you have no control over your health, even when you work so hard.
I know from personal experience... this year I've had several health issues due to no fault of my own.  The worse thing was an attack of shingles in my right ear.  Long story short it has caused disfigurement in my facial features, affected my balance, speech, hearing, confidence.  I haven't been able to work since March. Anyway... blah blah blah...
I've been a supporter of Andy since the very beginning, but as I've always worked full-time this is the first time I've been able to watch all his matches and 'talk' to other like-minded people.  I had no idea there was this other world out there!!
It's been a difficult year but I'm getting there.... Every cloud has a silver lining Smile
This forum has helped me immensely... thank you to all contributors.

Very sorry to hear it, Scot. In one hand, it feels we have advanced so much but on the other, it doesn't seem that way. Perhaps only technologically we've made the most so far. Anyway, I hope you feel better and all your problems go away.  hug

Feel sorry for Sod too. Not a fan but like jamabritt, appreciate his effort so far and I think he's very good for the sport. Quite ironic that it's apparently only Federer who was able to play sublime tennis even with mono. Ancic had to retire after he got affected by mono and it seems it took the most out of him.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 04:59 PM »

Thanks Emma.  hug
People who know me know I am not a quitter... and the only way is up.
The good thing is I found this forum. Never looked at a forum in my life... who knew?? (well.. not me!).
Don't know what I'll do when I eventually get back to work... I will have MAJOR withdrawal symptoms!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 06:48 PM »

Do you believe in God, Scot? If you do, then take it as a challenge given by God for reasons yet unknown. You may just be a special person to him who knows. The last thing you want to do is give up. Like this forum, perhaps you will discover many things you weren't going to discover otherwise. Sometimes life tends to do that to people. If everything in life stands explained then life will lose its mystery and we won’t have much to look forward to. Take the positive and leave out the negative. Hopefully your journey with Andy and with us will be a memorable one. Lots of love.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 07:10 PM »

Don't believe in God... sorry.
Been there.. done that...
Just believe in myself. 'Positive' is my middle name.
Thanks for the love.
Just like The Beatles said... it's all you need.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 08:11 PM »

No worries. I just don't believe in anything random.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 11:01 PM »

If Roger can maintain the level he found at the end of this season then it is tough to see anyone stopping him in Melbourne with the possible exception on Djokovic who plays some fantastic tennis in Melbourne his game is ideally suited to that surface, but the big question for me is just how much has the Serb recovered from a record breaking but gruelling 2011.

Against anyone else I feel like every match is on Roger's raquet,
IP Logged
kel3350
Junior

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 11:47 PM »

My money's on Nole.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 67 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »