Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Australian Open 2012: The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2012: The Other Players

(Read 12961 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #945 on: January 30, 2012, 11:44 PM »

Emma Jean.. what forums you talking about?  Can't be MTF because their posts are no longer than 2 sentences at a time and must include the word 'mug' at all costs. I go there for a laugh. roflmao   Some hilarious posters there (and I've seen a couple of MW's there too.. you know who you are! Eyebrow raise.)

Can't be Andy Murray Fan Forum (altho' I see some of our fellow posters there too) because IMO they seem to be much less objective than here.

v2??

MTF has always been very messy. Nothing new there though there are a few very good posters but they don't post as much. Tennis.com message board is probably the best. Then there's tennis-warehouse but it's not as good as tennis.com. There are a couple of others well.
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #946 on: January 30, 2012, 11:49 PM »

lol Sweet dreams wave Just catching up with a few threads.  I'm missing tennis Very Happy

Me too. hug  Will stay up longer tomorrow but its been a long day
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #947 on: January 30, 2012, 11:50 PM »

Hmm, a lot of us here are pretty objective about Murray. More so than most fan sites.

That could be true as I don't browse here as much. I thought some of the posts during Andy's semi-final match were quite harsh but they didn't bother me. It seemed more like frustrations and I think it's normal. The match did have its ups and downs. I do think Federer fans are being quite critical of Federer since the loss to Nadal. They are afraid he is hurting his legacy but I think he just loves playing tennis.

Btw Scot, I never see your name here yet I see your posts. Are you one of the hidden ones? Why would you hide yourself? Just curious....
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #948 on: January 30, 2012, 11:51 PM »

MTF has always been very messy. Nothing new there though there are a few very good posters but they don't post as much. Tennis.com message board is probably the best. Then there's tennis-warehouse but it's not as good as tennis.com. There are a couple of others well.

Stick around Emma, this is a great site with a melting pot of ideas, members and discussions
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #949 on: January 30, 2012, 11:51 PM »

Everyone has their own view of things, its very rarely boring hug
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #950 on: January 30, 2012, 11:53 PM »

Me too. hug  Will stay up longer tomorrow but its been a long day

Not to worry.  Was a bank holiday for me in NZ on Monday, so feel quite refreshed at work today and getting lots done!  I'm sure that feeling will change by the end of the week but luckily, it's another bank holiday again on Monday yay

Anyway, back to work! wave
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #951 on: January 31, 2012, 12:10 AM »

Emma as Nigel said a lot of us are objective about Andy and have honest discussions.  We don't all blindly support him and we frequently have open and honest discussions.   If others see this as being negative that is there problem, the rest of us welcome this kind of debate.

I am still trying to find the right balance here like Andy lol but it's true that I like speaking my mind. People are different so they will have different opinions I am sure but it's the sarcastic tone that can be bothersome at times. Anyway, it's not worth discussing. I am in project management and I have a couple of related courses coming up and I need to get busy with that. I will of course continue to support Andy but will probably keep most of my opinions/views to myself.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #952 on: January 31, 2012, 12:14 AM »

Stick around Emma, this is a great site with a melting pot of ideas, members and discussions

Thanks. You've been very sweet. I was just reading back some of the posts here and found some of Philip's commentary during Rafa/Nole match quite brilliant.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #953 on: January 31, 2012, 07:13 PM »

Btw Scot, I never see your name here yet I see your posts. Are you one of the hidden ones? Why would you hide yourself? Just curious....

Nothing to hide.. just initially unsure because I'd never been involved with a forum before.  Completely comfortable now, so now you and everyone else can 'see' when I'm here.  Name's Linda btw.

Tennis.com message board is probably the best.

Didn't know tennis.com had a mssg board.. thanks.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #954 on: February 01, 2012, 01:52 PM »

I found out this week...

"Turned pro" means you collected your first check from a Future/CH tournament. It doesn't necessarily mean that from that point on you played a full pro schedule. This can be found on the respective ATP Activity pages.

So the real first full year for them was:

Federer - 2000
Nadal - 2004
Djokovic - 2006
Murray - 2006

And the matches they've played since then:

Federer  1001  
Nadal    668  
Djokovic   512
Murray   441
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #955 on: February 01, 2012, 02:45 PM »

^^^ I didn't say full schedule if you are referring to me.
The fact is he started sooner, full schedule or not, and has more pro matches under his belt, including with the other top 3.
And let's face it. Novak has matured a bit more quickly than Andy.
But he's had more experience also so  Shrug
Also the earlier experience he had has meant he's always been ahead, and then Andy has kind of caught up and Moved ahead now Novak has moved ahead again, big time.
The question is, will Andy move ahead again  Whistle
[ Last edit by theycanbillme February 01, 2012, 02:51 PM ] IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #956 on: February 01, 2012, 02:58 PM »

I found out this week...

"Turned pro" means you collected your first check from a Future/CH tournament. It doesn't necessarily mean that from that point on you played a full pro schedule. This can be found on the respective ATP Activity pages.

So the real first full year for them was:

Federer - 2000
Nadal - 2004
Djokovic - 2006
Murray - 2006

And the matches they've played since then:

Federer  1001   
Nadal    668   
Djokovic   512
Murray   441

If the date of turning Pro is not significant like you are implying, then why does the ATP make mention of it on the individual players' profiles?

Federer - Turned Pro - 1998
Nadal - Turned Pro - 2001
Djokovic - Turned Pro - 2003
Andy - Turned Pro - 2005
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #957 on: February 01, 2012, 02:59 PM »

I am still trying to find the right balance here like Andy lol but it's true that I like speaking my mind. People are different so they will have different opinions I am sure but it's the sarcastic tone that can be bothersome at times. Anyway, it's not worth discussing. I am in project management and I have a couple of related courses coming up and I need to get busy with that. I will of course continue to support Andy but will probably keep most of my opinions/views to myself.

Oh you poor persecuted little lamb! tender
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #958 on: February 01, 2012, 03:52 PM »

If the date of turning Pro is not significant like you are implying, then why does the ATP make mention of it on the individual players' profiles?

Federer - Turned Pro - 1998
Nadal - Turned Pro - 2001
Djokovic - Turned Pro - 2003
Andy - Turned Pro - 2005

I don't think it has anything to do with being 'significant' but rather tells you what it really is. I don't think it makes a huge difference. Obviously ATP counts turning pro date the date you collected your first check even though you might not have played in that year at all.

Take Djokovic for example; though he collected his first check in 2003, he played his first full year in 2006. Fewer matches mean less experience though I'd say.

Federer is now on the tour for full 12 years. Nadal 8. It gives you a closer look I'd say.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #959 on: February 01, 2012, 04:06 PM »

But then would you also have to factor in that Andy didn't play a full year in 2007,[which included missing 2 Grand Slams and that valuable experience] when he injured his wrist?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »