Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Australian Open 2012: The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2012: The Other Players

(Read 12316 times)
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #975 on: February 02, 2012, 01:44 PM »

I cannot see Rafa changing his style at this stage in his career.  I just can't see him having the desire or will to do it.  He makes no bones about loving being at home and hating being on the road and his body is just not holding up well.  Whatsmore, he has nothing to prove.  If he loses at Rolland Garros, I really feel the heart will go out of him and he will retire, if not then at least by the end of the year. If he does retire I think he will turn his back on tennis completely for a while - much as Borg did.  I would be sorry to see it but it may well be the right thing for Rafa.

Also Novak will be desperate to take RG it will not be easy but he will surely dig deeper than ever before. If he is not taken out by Fed or even Andy and makes it to the final. Let's hope for the clay court match to end all others.
The more theY batter each other, the better chance Andy shall have at taking Wimbledon  snakeman
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #976 on: February 02, 2012, 02:21 PM »

Grabcopy, completely agree, Andy's net game is where he has a terrific advantage over Nole and Rafa. Hope Lendl can encourage.
Alis, apparently Rafa is a very good golfer, perhaps a second career awaits?

Rafa has a major problem with a bone in his foot. He wears specially-made shoes by Nike to take the strain off it. When it was diagnosed at 19, the doctor said he should quit tennis immediately. His dad suggested a 2nd career as a golfer. I think he plays off 11, which isn't earth-shattering, but I guess he doesn't devote much time to it.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #977 on: February 02, 2012, 02:22 PM »

I know, and it will not take him long to re-gauge his shots from the baseline more accurately, and when he does!
 his unpredictability

Thought it was funny when Pete Bodo said if Andy were a musician, he'd be a jazz singer, cos he 'kinda makes it up as he goes along'.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #978 on: February 02, 2012, 02:35 PM »

And Rafa would be a rock n roller
Federer a classical pianist
And Novak, mmm I'm not feeling it.
Perhaps a marching band member?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #979 on: February 06, 2012, 07:28 PM »

Mod NoticeOff-topic discussion moved to here.

Should have been moved there initially rather than here.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #980 on: February 06, 2012, 08:17 PM »

You moved the H2H discussion too. I wanted to know if Ak finally took your advice and manned up and conceded.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #981 on: February 06, 2012, 08:19 PM »

He knows where the discussion is if he wants to concede.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #982 on: February 06, 2012, 08:26 PM »

But that's an off topic discussion; this is more tennis related, no?

On a second thought, I may have hurt his feelings. I didn’t mean to. He should have just accepted that Nadal is better than Federer. Everything about them suggests so.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #983 on: February 06, 2012, 09:37 PM »

It was all mixed in with off-topic stuff... would have been difficult to separate and it wasn't actually about the Australian Open anyway. So thought I'd move it all.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #984 on: February 06, 2012, 11:02 PM »

But that's an off topic discussion; this is more tennis related, no?

On a second thought, I may have hurt his feelings. I didn’t mean to. He should have just accepted that Nadal is better than Federer. Everything about them suggests so.
So AK hasn't been treading on any toes then?  No need to feel guilty.

Nothing to hide.. just initially unsure because I'd never been involved with a forum before.  Completely comfortable now, so now you and everyone else can 'see' when I'm here.  Name's Linda btw.
Goodness - another Linda on here!  That's 3 as far as I know (the other two also use different user names).  Nice to know your real name though - it makes things a lot less impersonal. Smile

Like you I was completely ignorant about forums so used  the name Scotsfan initially until I felt safe enough to use my real name.  Did join am.com 2 or 3 years back, again under a pseudonym, but it was so regimented I left pretty quickly!  I also use Neelia (Aileen backwards) on other websites, although I've discovered that there are people who are actually have that name.
[ Last edit by Aileen February 07, 2012, 12:57 AM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #985 on: February 07, 2012, 05:30 PM »

ak has clearly taken the fifth amendment position.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #986 on: February 07, 2012, 05:36 PM »

Goodness - another Linda on here!  ...
Like you I was completely ignorant about forums so used  the name Scotsfan initially until I felt safe enough to use my real name. 

I'm still sticking with 'scotnadian' because it describes me well.. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #987 on: February 08, 2012, 12:24 AM »

I'm still sticking with 'scotnadian' because it describes me well.. Smile
Indeed, and I shall still keep calling you that!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #988 on: February 09, 2012, 02:35 PM »

Indeed, and I shall still keep calling you that!
No Aileen.... of course you can call me Linda hug... I just meant I am keeping my username as it is.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2012: The Other Players « Reply #989 on: February 10, 2012, 01:37 AM »

No Aileen.... of course you can call me Linda hug... I just meant I am keeping my username as it is.
OK! Smile  Quite a few regular members on here get referred to by their real names anyway by those who have come to know them. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »