Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Australian Open 2013 - the other players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 73 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Australian Open 2013 - the other players  (Read 12064 times)
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #120 on: January 14, 2013, 11:02 AM »

Yes he began it very well but was unable to hold the advantage he gained    over Tipsy who took the second set even though Leyton served for it. The commentators on Eurosport irritate me considerably and - horror of horrors - Virginia Wade was one of the chat people - wonder what she'll have to say if she fronts Andy's match tonight. Oh well back to the tennis  - and the ironing!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #121 on: January 14, 2013, 11:21 AM »

Can not believe Hewitt won Wimbledon and the US Open with THAT serve.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #122 on: January 14, 2013, 11:21 AM »

Tipsy triumphed and played some of his best tennis the comms say. Lleyton played very well - it was a challenging and enjoyable match.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #123 on: January 14, 2013, 11:30 AM »

Yes he began it very well but was unable to hold the advantage he gained    over Tipsy who took the second set even though Leyton served for it. The commentators on Eurosport irritate me considerably and - horror of horrors - Virginia Wade was one of the chat people - wonder what she'll have to say if she fronts Andy's match tonight. Oh well back to the tennis  - and the ironing!

The good thing about having the Eurosport player is that there's an option to have commentary-free footage on the court feeds. Think I'll probably go for that with the Andy match. Smile

Shame for Lleyton - he tried really hard as always but Tipsy just too good today, great tennis from him.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #124 on: January 14, 2013, 01:04 PM »

Don't worry, they won't all be on court at the same time. Wink

I would become blind then.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #125 on: January 14, 2013, 01:47 PM »

Victoria Virginia Wade in the studio. I can't look at that vile **** without getting angry. So far up her own arse it's unreal.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter January 14, 2013, 02:27 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #126 on: January 14, 2013, 01:57 PM »

What did she say about andy? Was she mean about him in the past? Do u mean Virginia wade.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #127 on: January 14, 2013, 02:26 PM »

Yes. doh
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #128 on: January 14, 2013, 02:43 PM »

I'm PVR'ing most matches due to time diff. Saw a bit of most matches, and just finished watching the entire Hewitt/Tipsy match.
Good effort by Lleyton, but he should have put the hammer down when he was up 2 breaks and 30-0 in 2nd. When his 1st serve went awol that was it, and despite some good play Tipsy was able to crank it up a gear or two to play better.  Some of Janko's winning shots were astonishing! Djoker-esque! And he was worried about playing Hewitt 1st at night-time. Didn't look like it at all.
Line calls were crap.
Didn't show any of Dimitrov/Benneteau. Dimitrov folded then?
Was worried when I heard about Nishikori in 1st set, but good win for him.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #129 on: January 14, 2013, 02:49 PM »

I am a little gutted by Hewitt's loss last night. Was hoping he'd win actually but his Kooyong classic win over Del Potro might of thrown things off for him. And Tipsy is obviously a top tenner so no pushover there. Hewitt needed to be perfectly ready for this match. The win over Del Potro might have been overwhelming for him who knows. I am not sure why some players with some potential chances tend to play just the week before a major. Never a great strategy I must say.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #130 on: January 14, 2013, 03:21 PM »

Victoria Virginia Wade in the studio. I can't look at that vile **** without getting angry. So far up her own arse it's unreal.

Yes, me too. Mind you, you should have seen my brother's face earlier when she popped up and I informed the TV in no uncertain terms that she is a vindictive old **** lol. I think he was a bit surprised lol.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #131 on: January 14, 2013, 03:28 PM »

Saw most of Hewitt/Tipsy. Enjoyed it for the most part, although why commentators feel the need to apologise for totally inaudible, if lip-readable expletives completely puzzles me. Hewitt used the f-word, big deal. Some of those calls probably demanded a swear. I really do admire Hewitt. He seems to have come back from just about everything in his time. He seems to have been around forever.

Baghdatis is through too, having gone to five with Ramos. I still want to cuddle Baggy every time I see him, but that's me lol. Ramos put up a fight too.

Great to hear Heather Watson went through, despite a temperature. I hope she's all right, I'd love to see her go a few rounds.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #132 on: January 14, 2013, 03:29 PM »

What did she say bout oor andy? Teejay. I just heard she was being a **** to him!!!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #133 on: January 14, 2013, 03:32 PM »

What did she say bout oor andy? Teejay. I just heard she was being a **** to him!!!

She wasn't being nasty today, don't get me wrong. Some of us are just still fuming with her for what she said about Andy at the French Open last year, when he had a back spasm, was struggling horribly, yet still managed to beat Nieminen. Ms Wade had the audacity that day to call Andy a drama queen. Those of us who heard what that woman said have never quite got over it - although, Andy winning another major would help immensely lol.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #134 on: January 14, 2013, 03:42 PM »

She needs a good slapping her. I did hear somewhere she was bitching bout him but never did find out exactly what she said  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 73 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »