Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Australian Open 2013 - the other players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 73 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2013 - the other players

(Read 13347 times)
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #285 on: January 17, 2013, 07:07 PM »

I was a nervous wreck watching Laura! It was like how it used to be with Andy. What with that and watching Heather come back from the brink yesterday my nerves have gone lol.

It might be too early to say, but I think Laura is really going places. Taking out three slam winners over the course of two majors is no mean feat. The mental strength that took today, especially when she wasn't playing her best and had already served for it was phenomenal.

I was watching score on my phone whilst at work Tjay that was stressful enough. Let out a whoop when she won getting a few strange look from customers. Lol. So pleased for her. Have taped the match to watch in comfort.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #286 on: January 17, 2013, 07:18 PM »

I was in at the hospital when she won, but a friend text me the score- so pleased with her because I wasn't sure she'd pull it off when I left! yay Laura!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #287 on: January 17, 2013, 07:27 PM »

Holyeffinoly! I just caught up on my PVR.

Go Laura!!!
If she can find her ball toss and her speed, then everyone had better look out. Her returns were phenomenal, and she showed such presence on the court.
Great crowd cheering their Aussie born home.
Can't wait to see her match-up with Sloane Stephens.

As to other matches I watched/dipped into:

Fed/Davydenko.... It was like watching two versions of Benjamin Button, but at different stages. Fed had 42 UE's, and yet ESPN's Cliff Drysdale said he was "impressive." Sure..

Monfils/Lu.... 3rd set was wtf?

DelPo/Becker.... JM is playing like an assassin.

Tomic/Brands.... Good to see Bernard playing for real. I think his match with Fed will be a different story this time around.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #288 on: January 17, 2013, 07:29 PM »

Holyeffinoly! I just caught up on my PVR.

Go Laura!!!
If she can find her ball toss and her speed, then everyone had better look out. Her returns were phenomenal, and she showed such presence on the court.
Great crowd cheering their Aussie born home.
Can't wait to see her match-up with Sloane Stephens.

As to other matches I watched/dipped into:

Fed/Davydenko.... It was like watching two versions of Benjamin Button, but at different stages. Fed had 42 UE's, and yet ESPN's Cliff Drysdale said he was "impressive." Sure..

Monfils/Lu.... 3rd set was wtf?

DelPo/Becker.... JM is playing like an assassin.

Tomic/Brands.... Good to see Bernard playing for real. I think his match with Fed will be a different story this time around.

Fed had 42 UE's? Wow! I saw some of the match, but the sychophantic commentary was making me feel ill and I needed my breakfast, so Fed had to go.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #289 on: January 17, 2013, 07:35 PM »

Yes I  felt that they wanted to bow at #humble smugfed. It was so obvious how could anyone believe they were neutral. I felt sorry for Davedenko but remembered what he had said about Andy when He had hurt his back. So I suppose I really did not support either one of them.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #290 on: January 17, 2013, 07:50 PM »

Hello everyone wave

Just a brief catch up.

Arrived at Melbourne Park just after noon. We would have been pushing it to get Andy tickets :-( but we shall have to see what we can do for next match.
Guided Ranonic through instead for Ljnda lol and comes across better in person than on tv. Rosol is quite Little tongue man too. Saw Dimitrov and Marcos in doubles and first 2 sets of Del Potro.

Back at hotel new using their free half hour internet.

Disappointed with AO free wifi - wouldnt connect at all grr

On Hisense tom, so got Heather, Ivanovic and Verdasco.

Oh, bloody hot today! fainting

Bye wave

You'd better get tickets for Andy!!! Can't you find Shane who has some contacts for this event?? He should be easy to spot.. he sings loudly and wears a 'Y' T-shirt. Can also be seen hanging out with 'A' 'N' and 'D'. Very Happy

Also.. yes, Milos is a lovely lad. All bravado on TV.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #291 on: January 17, 2013, 08:07 PM »

Have a gr8 time Bevc. Good luck with the tickets wave
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #292 on: January 17, 2013, 09:07 PM »

The same Janowicz who really struggled to see off a player who never ranked higher than 53 and has been out injured for a year?

I'll be amazed if he wins more than one set. Fatigue will probably play its part as well.

Janowicz is so over-rated. I wish everyone would shut up about him. He has a serve and not much else. And the Paris Masters is a well-known tankfest.
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #293 on: January 17, 2013, 09:27 PM »

can anyone tell me who del potro is likely to face before the potnetial quater final with murray???
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #294 on: January 17, 2013, 09:30 PM »

Hello everyone wave

Just a brief catch up.

Arrived at Melbourne Park just after noon. We would have been pushing it to get Andy tickets :-( but we shall have to see what we can do for next match.

Guided Ranonic through instead for Ljnda lol and comes across better in person than on tv. Rosol is quite Little tongue man too. Saw Dimitrov and Marcos in doubles and first 2 sets of Del Potro.

Back at hotel new using their free half hour internet.

Disappointed with AO free wifi - wouldnt connect at all grr

On Hisense tom, so got Heather, Ivanovic and Verdasco.

Oh, bloody hot today! fainting

Bye wave
Thanks for the real deal updates! So much more exciting knowing you are there as an ambassador for MW Very Happy

Wish you luck with ticket hunting, I think Andy should provide you with tickets since you're one of his biggest fans and on a mission for us back home. If only he knew your dedication.  hug
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #295 on: January 17, 2013, 09:36 PM »

can anyone tell me who del potro is likely to face before the potnetial quater final with murray???

Chardy and then probably Cilic.
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #296 on: January 17, 2013, 09:39 PM »

Chardy and then probably Cilic.
yeah just checked the draw, ta. cilic could be a tricky one
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #297 on: January 17, 2013, 10:35 PM »

The same Janowicz who really struggled to see off a player who never ranked higher than 53 and has been out injured for a year?

I'll be amazed if he wins more than one set. Fatigue will probably play its part as well.

The same Janowicz who beat the likes of Murray and Tipsy on the way to the Paris Masters final....
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #298 on: January 17, 2013, 10:50 PM »

The same Janowicz who beat the likes of Murray and Tipsy on the way to the Paris Masters final....
I remember it only too well, but in the grand scheme of things Paris Masters is meh..
Strategy seems to be How Well Can You Pretend To Play But Really Tank In Order To Be Fresh For WTF. lol
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #299 on: January 17, 2013, 10:52 PM »

Yes good point Linda, but I think many people are underrating Janowicz. Yes I agree that Almagro should beat him, but Janowicz is very powerful, and if there is no wind, he could cause serious problems to any player. All he needs to do is cut down on these UEs
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 73 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »