Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Australian Open 2013 - the other players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 73 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2013 - the other players

(Read 12997 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #315 on: January 18, 2013, 12:55 AM »

The same Janowicz who beat the likes of Murray and Tipsy on the way to the Paris Masters final....
Yeah, the same one who beat two guys who clearly couldn't care less and had more than one eye on London.

He's a good player don't get me wrong, but he's not as good as some make out.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #316 on: January 18, 2013, 04:53 AM »

Stepanek is actually holding his own against Djokovic.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #317 on: January 18, 2013, 05:03 AM »

Not any more. He started serve volleying every point made it too predictable for Djokovic.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #318 on: January 18, 2013, 09:04 AM »

Shame Heather lost but not surprising - Radwanska is just so consistent. Still a good tournament for Heather though and she's gained ranking points too.

I've been impressed with Janowicz this tournament - he's lived up to his seeding in getting to the 3rd round and has fought his way back from losing positions in matches. Almagro was just a step up today, but he managed to keep two sets very close.

Looking forward to Ferrer/Baghdatis - last time they played here Baghdatis won after being 2 sets and a break down! - must've been a tough loss for Ferrer. But he wasn't in good form back then having slipped in the rankings. I think today that Baghdatis won't be consistent enough for long enough to win - but you never know, he does tend to raise his level against the best players and loves the atmosphere on RLA.

I see Tipsy had yet another 5 setter (against Benneteau) which he won. Almagro for him next.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #319 on: January 18, 2013, 09:29 AM »

looking forward to ferrer/baggy too.  I like both of them but have a real soft spot for baggy so hope he wins, even if unlikely
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #320 on: January 18, 2013, 09:33 AM »

I'm gonna be fully supporting Baghdatis
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #321 on: January 18, 2013, 09:47 AM »

Just a quick thought on Djokovic.

It is well recognised without a shadow of doubt that his 2011 year was absolutely fantastic, coming from an average 2010. Could he be doing some blood changing assistance like Armstrong and Lasse Viren (Finnish athlete)?

Just wondering - no evidence to support my comment.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #322 on: January 18, 2013, 10:12 AM »

^ OSS: allegations of drug abuse are now coming Andy's way. I'm sure we all feel totally outraged by them.
Equally,  I really think we should be extra careful now about what we say about any of the players.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #323 on: January 18, 2013, 12:13 PM »

Just a quick thought on Djokovic.

It is well recognised without a shadow of doubt that his 2011 year was absolutely fantastic, coming from an average 2010. Could he be doing some blood changing assistance like Armstrong and Lasse Viren (Finnish athlete)?

Just wondering - no evidence to support my comment.

Drugs would have less impact in tennis, which is a game of skill and co-ordination, rather than just effort. The only way they'd help is if a player had some serious physical issue that affected his stamina.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #324 on: January 18, 2013, 12:15 PM »

Darn looks like Andy and Laura are scheduled at similar times Frown

I might well be tempted to watch the Laura match more than Andy, since Andy's will likely be as one sided as his others.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #325 on: January 18, 2013, 12:17 PM »

Shame Heather lost but not surprising - Radwanska is just so consistent. Still a good tournament for Heather though and she's gained ranking points too.

The highest-ranked player Heather has beaten was at 25. That's the difference between them - Laura is the big-time player. She'll be top ten; Heather will probably be top 30.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #326 on: January 18, 2013, 12:53 PM »

Ooh Grabcopy, I remember....but you hate people with good memories so I'll stop there... icon_angel_not
Agreed with you actually, but like you am changing my mind. Laura has the power which you seem to need in the women's and men's games these days.
Apparently we should all be shouting out for Harriet Dart too. Juniors at AO.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #327 on: January 18, 2013, 01:21 PM »

Drugs would have less impact in tennis, which is a game of skill and co-ordination, rather than just effort. The only way they'd help is if a player had some serious physical issue that affected his stamina.

Nigel, I am not suggesting drugs. I was questionning Djokovic's sudden stamina increase in 2011.

^ OSS: allegations of drug abuse are now coming Andy's way. I'm sure we all feel totally outraged by them.
Equally,  I really think we should be extra careful now about what we say about any of the players.

Are you serious? People are covertly suggesting that Andy maybe a drug user to assist his performances? Are they crazy? Disgraceful, considering that Andy is one of the leading players requesting more drug testing than is going on at the moment.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #328 on: January 18, 2013, 01:29 PM »

looking forward to ferrer/baggy too.  I like both of them but have a real soft spot for baggy so hope he wins, even if unlikely

I love Ferrer, except when he plays Andy, when I would often like to strangle him, tenacious devil lol.

I still want to cuddle Baggy every time I see him. I know he can get stroppy sometimes, but I think he's adorable.

Ferrer just had way, way too much for Baggy today and won in straight sets. Ferrer appears to be in very good form at the moment.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #329 on: January 18, 2013, 02:18 PM »

Can't believe no-one has said anything about Fed's pinkies.

Sort of puts Andy's yellow shorts in the shade, don'tcha think?

Ladies & Gentlemen, please meet our new top player Roger Federina. lol

Joking aside, Sampras one time wore a light pink golf t-shirt and grey and white check shorts at the Australian Open I think? Anyway, I thought he looked good in it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 73 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »