Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Australian Open 2013 - the other players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 73 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2013 - the other players

(Read 12586 times)
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #480 on: January 19, 2013, 01:45 PM »

Well, Simon is at least a proper player - one who knows his limits, but actually wants to try and win. Clownfils seems to be more concerned with entertaining the crowd.

yes I like Simon better, he actually takes his tennis seriously
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #481 on: January 19, 2013, 01:46 PM »

I like Simon too Smile
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #482 on: January 19, 2013, 01:46 PM »

Well, Simon is at least a proper player - one who knows his limits, but actually wants to try and win. Clownfils seems to be more concerned with entertaining the crowd.

Agreed, Simon any other time I can bare, but whenever the two face it's like a circus.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #483 on: January 19, 2013, 01:49 PM »

IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #484 on: January 19, 2013, 01:50 PM »

Ta for dat.
Oh lol, lol lol at UE count. Is it something of a record for a match.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #485 on: January 19, 2013, 01:51 PM »

The UE count says nothing, a lot of the rallies were so long they always ended in UE's. Look at a shot in to shot out percentage that would be very good. Although clearly they both need to be more aggressive, but that's just their style of tennis.
[ Last edit by laundry January 19, 2013, 01:56 PM ] IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #486 on: January 19, 2013, 01:59 PM »

Monfils could be really, really good if he wasn't such a clown. I really don't understand how he could lose this, when Simon wasn't even serving properly.

Anyway, this is the outcome I hoped for.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #487 on: January 19, 2013, 02:02 PM »

Omg that was a 71 shot rally. All these rallies are never-ending. Neither of them will be able to walk tomorrow, great for Andy though I want this to go to 5 sets; although it's not good that they both look to be playing very well.
71 shots?! Seriously? I'd love to watch that rally.

To be honest I don't really want Andy to play either one of these, it will tire him out if it's anything like this.
Have you not seen any of Andy's previous matches with Simon? Simon can't touch him, Andy knows how to deal with him, usually in straight sets.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #488 on: January 19, 2013, 02:03 PM »

Amazing match! They both fought so hard, shame someone had to lose. Pleased Gilles won, he's one of my favourite players.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #489 on: January 19, 2013, 02:04 PM »

Well Andy will certainly be fine playing him now. I'm still waiting for the bookies odds to come up.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #490 on: January 19, 2013, 02:10 PM »

Just caught up with the rest of the thread. Makes great reading. What was Monfils doing exactly in terms of clowning around?

Would love to give this, or the highlights of this match a watch at some point.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #491 on: January 19, 2013, 02:37 PM »

I advise watching the whole match, but it's rather long. I don't think he was clowning around at all, people are saying he should have been more aggressive on returns. But then he never plays like that.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #492 on: January 19, 2013, 02:39 PM »

OMG shocking
I know u were enjoying the match, but don't you want to kick Monfils off that behind the baseline position? If he came forward would not need to do nearly as much running or acrobatics.

But Monfils is all about running and acrobatics. I swear his attitude is 'stuff winning, this is fun!'. He's a strange one.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #493 on: January 19, 2013, 02:41 PM »

The thing with Monfils is that he's got the capability to hit with a lot of power, which invariably wins him rallies. But he chooses to play so passively a lot of the time. He's fun to watch but could win a lot more if he used more power. But it's great to see him back competing again - missed him last year.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #494 on: January 19, 2013, 02:42 PM »

When's he going to realise that the purpose of all this stuff is to win tennis matches?

When hell freezes over.

OMG, just realised that means I agree with Boogers too, but it is painfully obvious that Monfils doesn't take his tennis seriously. I reckon he must be a 'thrill of the chase' type of bloke.

I was pleased Simon won in the end. Gutsy boy!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 73 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »