Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Australian Open 2013 - the other players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 73 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Australian Open 2013 - the other players  (Read 11977 times)
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #870 on: January 22, 2013, 05:25 AM »

Now with some cramp and fatigue in contrast to Ferrer who never tires he's probably going to go away in this 5th. Almagro is going to shoot himself after this for throwing so many opportunities away.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #871 on: January 22, 2013, 05:25 AM »

Ferrer takes the fourth set  - I can't see Almagro winning this now.  
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #872 on: January 22, 2013, 05:39 AM »

If they changed slams to best of 3 sets it would ruin them.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #873 on: January 22, 2013, 05:51 AM »

Absolutely agree Laundry.  Ferrer up a break in the fifth - can't see him losing this now.  Make that two breaks and serving for the match!  It'll take Almagro a while to recover from this.
[ Last edit by Alis January 22, 2013, 05:55 AM ] IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #874 on: January 22, 2013, 06:00 AM »

Well done Daveed for sticking in there and Errani and Vinci have just come from behind to beat the Williams sisters 7-5 in the third - well done to them too!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #875 on: January 22, 2013, 06:04 AM »

Unbelievable. I find it hard to feel sorry for him after he served for the match 3 times.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #876 on: January 22, 2013, 06:06 AM »

Lol, we think being an Andy fan is tough, but imagine being a fan of Amalgo  Whistle
So much talent...so little bottle.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #877 on: January 22, 2013, 06:09 AM »

Well at least I salvaged two point on RTR :P
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #878 on: January 22, 2013, 06:16 AM »

Wow that was such a crazy match! Ferrer's my second favourite player so I'm obviously pleased he won but got to feel sorry for Nico. Losses like this have got to hurt so much - he was the better player right up until he served for the match the first time. Just too much pressure on him I guess.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #879 on: January 22, 2013, 08:44 AM »

I didn't see the Ferrer match, but was glad he got through. I just like him.

Berdych and Djokovic about to start. Wonder if Berdych can wear Djokovic down a bit? Don't like Berdych especially, but would like to see him make a match out if this. Getting a teensy bit sick of the ode to Djokovic as well. Tedious.

Dumb and Dumber in commentary, Wilander and Bradman. Whoopee.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #880 on: January 22, 2013, 08:58 AM »

Ferrer  did extremely well last night winning against Almagro I wonder if Teejay might now begin to see why I feel that he presents a threat to Murray and is quite capable of reaching no3 position in the rankings  should Murray falter.   Ferrer is much improved these days
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #881 on: January 22, 2013, 09:02 AM »

If he's practising for 2 hours, that should tire him out. Whistle

Probably booked for 2 hours to keep Andy out. The likelihood he is only going to use 1 hour, but the remainder will be rest periods.

The man's a fraud!

Incidentally, I posted elsewhere yesterday that Andy would NOT be given the night match, but it would go to Federer. The Rolex watch sponsors have demanded it.

Their attitude is protect their sponsored man and stuff everyone else, ignoring that Andy was the last winner of a Major in USO.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #882 on: January 22, 2013, 09:14 AM »

Ferrer  did extremely well last night winning against Almagro I wonder if Teejay might now begin to see why I feel that he presents a threat to Murray and is quite capable of reaching no3 position in the rankings  should Murray falter.   Ferrer is much improved these days

No, I still don't see it. You're dreaming.  Ferrer simply can not get through the top players, not in majors. Andy beats him on everything except clay at the moment. The others beat him on everything. I love Ferrer, but be realistic.

He also has a lot of points to defend this year, and he won't defend all of them. Andy can gain points all over.

Update on Djokovic/Berdych, Berdych might as well pack it in now. He's so far back he's in the front row.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #883 on: January 22, 2013, 09:19 AM »

6-1 first set for Djokovic. So easy for him.

Edit: Spoke too soon - Berd's up a break in the second. Wouldn't bet on him holding on to this break though...
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #884 on: January 22, 2013, 09:20 AM »

It's fun watching Berdshit get crushed.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 73 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »