Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Australian Open 2013 - the other players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2013 - the other players

(Read 13516 times)
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1020 on: January 23, 2013, 12:19 PM »

It was a good scoreline, Federer no chance of keeping up with Andy's pace Smile

OldFed has missed some of his beauty sleep now, normally goes to bed at 9:00 sharp.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1021 on: January 23, 2013, 12:20 PM »

Ok...whatever...Andy is gonna beat you, Fed..

IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1022 on: January 23, 2013, 12:21 PM »

It's going to be a lot more satisfying matching Andy trounce Fed in the semis Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1023 on: January 23, 2013, 12:21 PM »

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn good win nit his best but got the W see you guys Friday :-)
Your permanent ban doesn't disappear because you manage to register again. Cya.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1024 on: January 23, 2013, 12:22 PM »

God, the commentators get all mushy about Fed waiting for Tsonga... doh
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1025 on: January 23, 2013, 12:26 PM »

Oh well no matter what you think of Roger, his 10th successive last 4 at the AO is very impressive- a decade of amazing tennis and great matches. Really looking forward to the semis, know it will be a tough and close match.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1026 on: January 23, 2013, 12:28 PM »

^ I dunno how tough it is gonna be but surely looking forward to it Smile
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1027 on: January 23, 2013, 12:29 PM »

Yet again, even though there were some very close calls, the top 4 ranks all get to the semis.
[ Last edit by laundry January 23, 2013, 12:44 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1028 on: January 23, 2013, 01:35 PM »

Jo made Fed look awful ordinary at times Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1029 on: January 23, 2013, 01:48 PM »

I think JWT played one of the best matches he has played for ages there. At the end of last year, at the WTF, I did wonder how his relationship with Roger Rasheed might go, but it appears to be making a difference. Jo looks fitter and quicker than I've ever seen him.

I was a bit worried at first that Federer was going to come out and get the match done quickly. It was brilliant to see Tsonga fight. As it was, there were times when he made Federer look ordinary. I always think it's interesting when Federer is reduced to yelling out, or doing his 'I've just sucked a lemon' face, and he did both today. Hopefully more to come of that Whistle.

Federer will not get away with the errors he often made today against Andy, not now. Andy's game and mindset are so different to when they last played at the AO.

I really do think Andy is going to do it  cmon yeah.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1030 on: January 23, 2013, 01:50 PM »

Oh well no matter what you think of Roger, his 10th successive last 4 at the AO is very impressive- a decade of amazing tennis and great matches. Really looking forward to the semis, know it will be a tough and close match.
That is very impressive. Must be the record if not close to it (of successive semi-final appearances in one Slam)?

Yet again, even though there were some very close calls, the top 4 ranks all get to the semis.
First time since this tournament last year.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1031 on: January 23, 2013, 02:01 PM »

Your permanent ban doesn't disappear because you manage to register again. Cya.

What did this guy do to get banned? How come he can still post?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1032 on: January 23, 2013, 02:03 PM »

What did this guy do to get banned? How come he can still post?
Trolling. Been on this site for a while, winding people up with subtle little digs. Eventually crossed the line just before the Olympic final.

I assume he's using proxies to create new accounts.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1033 on: January 23, 2013, 02:10 PM »

Bloody fool. Another coward hiding behind his pc
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1034 on: January 23, 2013, 02:23 PM »

As I said, Federer looks great, ominous, stunning, brutal etc. and all that crap until he meets with one of his nemesis. Suddenly he then becomes this Chokerer, Federror, off form, he’s not 21 anymore etc. version. I hope people realize that it has everything to do with how his opponent playing on that day than Federer faltering on his own.

Anyway, I didn’t get to see the match. I think both matches - Raonic and Tsonga - had potential but Tsonga was able to push Federer as much as possible, simply because he has enormous experience playing in GSs against the big boys. And he also has that record of beating the top players at some point in a Slam, so that definitely helps.

I always believe the player who wins the 4th is always slightly in a bit disadvantage than his opponent. A loss in the 4th keeps you hungry for the 5th; not only that, it keeps you grounded. On the other hand, a 4th set win can do the opposite since players tend to get comfortable, they are still trying to regroup, reflecting back, unable to focus as much etc. Of course this is not always true but in this particular case, had Tsonga won the 1st set and so on, then he’d have stayed more focused. Or he could have just won the 3rd set TB and lost the 4th. It did not work for Alamgro but he was out of steam by the end of 4th set.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean January 23, 2013, 03:19 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »