Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Australian Open 2013 - the other players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2013 - the other players

(Read 15371 times)
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1080 on: January 24, 2013, 10:53 PM »

Hi CoolDude, long time no speak.

I have a YouTube channel now and will be aiming to upload the SF tomorrow as soon as I possibly can. I'll then post the rest of his matches later on in the next week or so.
Hi, yeah not spoke to you in ages

Cant wait to see the SF Thanks.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1081 on: January 24, 2013, 11:01 PM »

That said, for Djokovic to win 2, 2 and 1 is a rather frightening statement of intent.

But is it really? I wonder if the USO semi has created a bit of a false impression, because Ferrer won a set that day in New York. I don't wish to insult either man, but would he have taken that set if 1) it hadn't been windy, and 2) Djokovic hadn't come out of the locker room looking livid at having to play at all when bad weather was likely, rather like Andy against Cilic. On the resumption against Ferrer at the USO Djokovic won quickly and easily really, as he did today.

I can't remember exactly, but by memory, Djokovic always seems to beat Ferrer quickly, just as he does to Berdych. It's like they can fight for a while, but once the belief goes that is it.

I still don't believe today is any indication of Djokovic's form. He was playing someone who didn't believe he could win, didn't have the tools to win and played the match all wrong. I still can't get over how Ferrer just let Djokovic stand there and beat him.

I also thought Ferrer looked shattered today. For once he looked 30.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1082 on: January 25, 2013, 12:45 AM »

Ferrer has no weapons to hurt the guys at the top - he looks like a one-dimensional junkballer at times.

That said, for Djokovic to win 2, 2 and 1 is a rather frightening statement of intent.
This.

Take nothing away from Ferrer, and his ranking can't be associated purely to the small tournaments as only the top 6 count towards his ranking. He's reached 3 Semis and 1 QFs from the last four Slams, as well as consistently going deep in Masters.

He always seems to have Del Potro's number and is incredibly consistent against the lower players. But he has nothing to damage the top guys, excluding Murray on clay.

Whereas the likes of Berdych, Del Potro and Tsonga are more than capable of causing the top guys at least some problems (particularly Federer), they are far less consistent over the year and much more likely to see defeats to the likes of Gulbis, Chardy and Klizan, to use three recent examples. Actually Chardy's beaten Tsonga, Murray and Del Potro all in the last few months, that's quite impressive. But I digress.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1083 on: January 25, 2013, 06:02 AM »

From the AO Facebook page and I think I'm going to vomit! yuk

* AO on Facebook.JPG (58.56 KB, 507x822 - viewed 73 times.)
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1084 on: January 26, 2013, 01:00 PM »

Azarenka <3
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Australian Open 2013 - the other players « Reply #1085 on: January 26, 2013, 01:56 PM »

This.

Take nothing away from Ferrer, and his ranking can't be associated purely to the small tournaments as only the top 6 count towards his ranking. He's reached 3 Semis and 1 QFs from the last four Slams, as well as consistently going deep in Masters.

He always seems to have Del Potro's number and is incredibly consistent against the lower players. But he has nothing to damage the top guys, excluding Murray on clay.

Whereas the likes of Berdych, Del Potro and Tsonga are more than capable of causing the top guys at least some problems (particularly Federer), they are far less consistent over the year and much more likely to see defeats to the likes of Gulbis, Chardy and Klizan, to use three recent examples. Actually Chardy's beaten Tsonga, Murray and Del Potro all in the last few months, that's quite impressive. But I digress.

Didn't he also beat Roddick in Cincy fairly easily.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »