Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 77 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players

(Read 14034 times)
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 10:53 AM »

Hewitt is no threat whatsoever. Beating Fed just showed how far the Swiss has fallen. Fed struggled past a few journeymen before shanking his way to defeat against Hewitt. I expect Smugfed to tumble out of the top ten very soon.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 11:01 AM »

The qualifying singles draw is out. Dustin Brown is top seed.
http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/draws/qs/r1s4.html

3 Brits there - Dan Evans is 26th seed and plays Liang-Chi Huang (WR 264) from Taipei

James Ward plays Andrea Arnaboldi (WR 213) from Italy

Dan Cox plays 4th seed Denis Kudla
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 11:08 AM »

Yes because Djokovic didn't go 7-0 against the Thug in 2011.

There is no dominance in the rivalry, that is fact.
What part of 'since his return' did you not understand?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 11:15 AM »

What part of 'since his return' did you not understand?

Nadal has not dominated Djokovic at all. Just because he beat Nadal in both the slams they faced at, doesn't mean he dominated him. Both the matches were close despite Djokovic playing like absolute crap for a larger part in both of them. Just think how things would have been if Djokovic played his best Tennis in those matches, the Thug would have lost in straight sets for sure.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 11:51 AM »

Delpo or Nole will win the AO.

The only things certain in life are death and taxes.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 12:33 PM »

Hewitt is no threat whatsoever. Beating Fed just showed how far the Swiss has fallen. Fed struggled past a few journeymen before shanking his way to defeat against Hewitt. I expect Smugfed to tumble out of the top ten very soon.
The birth of his third child will probably bring about a natural withdrawal from the tour.  There's no denying he's had a good run.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 02:09 PM »

The birth of his third child will probably bring about a natural withdrawal from the tour.  There's no denying he's had a good run.
I didn't even know Fed was becoming a father again.  How did I miss this piece of info! doh  I see no date has been given for the expected birth, but maybe around Wimbledon time?  Whatever, it certainly gives Fed the perfect opportunity of retiring gracefully before he sinks even further down the rankings.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 04:09 PM »

What a relief  the Aussie Open stirs into life It will give us all something else to think about besides the dreadful weather and  for those of us in the UK the imminent freeze For the first time I'm even interested in the qualifying rounds
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 04:54 PM »

What a relief  the Aussie Open stirs into life It will give us all something else to think about besides the dreadful weather and  for those of us in the UK the imminent freeze For the first time I'm even interested in the qualifying rounds

There is ATP tournaments going on in Sydney and Auckland atm you know, as well as WTA events in Sydney and Hobart Smile
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 04:58 PM »

Yes looking forward to the AO. The thought of all that Sunshine makes me happy so cold and miserable here. Maybe we could export all the rain and wind we are having in UK.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 07:10 PM »

Getting up to the sunshine tennis fair cheers up January. I find myself feeling sorry for non tennis fans who don't have it to look forward to. Last week I was off and barely noticed the dreadful weather as everytime I turned the tv on there was tennis on. Even 5 mins with my morning tea and toast makes a difference. Next week I willl also set the alarm on my digital radio to come on early with 5live xtra. One thing I have started doing to help with dark mornings is have a lamp on a timer switch that comes on before I need to get up. much nicer than having to come  to and get up in the dark.
IP Logged
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 05:09 AM »

Day 1 Qualifying

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 06:31 AM »

Dan through to the 2nd. James out.
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Challenger Level

"I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar"

Re: Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 07:24 AM »

Which Dan? Evans or Cox?
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Australian Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 12:25 PM »

Wouldn't bet on it at all.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 77 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »