Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  world tennis day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Reply
Author

world tennis day

(Read 1690 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: world tennis day « Reply #45 on: March 04, 2014, 02:10 AM »

If Andy loses this match......

:P
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: world tennis day « Reply #46 on: March 04, 2014, 02:14 AM »

What a shot already!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: world tennis day « Reply #47 on: March 04, 2014, 02:15 AM »

2 break points for Andy.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: world tennis day « Reply #48 on: March 04, 2014, 02:15 AM »

Breaks 1-0.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: world tennis day « Reply #49 on: March 04, 2014, 07:11 AM »

so who won then?  It's like a thriller with a cliff hanger and we're left hanging!
Have recorded but away from home so won't be able to watch till weekend.  And who were the vet winners at earls court?
i read that the bryan bros had it in for johnnie mac because he was questioning their status as best dubs players of all time implying i think they weren't good enough to play singles (like him!!).

See that agassi beat sampras hooray but can't find result for Andy-Nole.  Did find this interview though, which most encouraging thing I've read since andy's op

http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/288425.html   yay
[ Last edit by Ruthie March 04, 2014, 08:05 AM ] IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: world tennis day « Reply #50 on: March 04, 2014, 07:52 AM »

so who won then?  It's like a thriller with a cliff hanger and we're left hanging!
Have recorded but away from home so won't be able to watch till weekend.  And who were the vet winners at earls court?
i read that the bryan bros had it in for johnnie mac because he was questioning their status as best dubs players of all time implying i think they weren't good enough to play singles (like him!!).

See that agassi beat sampras hooray but cant' find result for Andy-Nole.  Did find this interview though, which most encouraging thing I've read since andy's op

http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/288425.html   yay

The answer is here http://www.sunherald.com/2014/03/03/5385044/andy-murray-says-back-feeling.html.

Djokovic won 6-3, 7-6 (2) as the two mixed the usual exhibition hijinks with some long rallies reminiscent of their epic Grand Slam matchups.

[ Last edit by colin March 04, 2014, 07:59 AM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: world tennis day « Reply #51 on: March 04, 2014, 08:05 AM »

thanks Colin.  would like andy to have won even though it didn't matter but sounds like it was fun and they both enjoyed themselves so look forward to watching in due course. the most important thing is that andy is so positive about the state of his back.  Interestingly I see Nole is behind Andy in the race.  I know the race means nothing right now (just as well as andy not in top 8!) but it's interesting given Andy has good cause to have slipped.  I guess Nole has played fewer tournaments but can't be that many fewer.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: world tennis day « Reply #52 on: March 04, 2014, 08:30 AM »

I'm not goung to worry about that result. Andy rarely wins exhibitions, at least when I've watched. I didn't see all of it, just the end of a repeat this morning, but I did record it.

In the bit I saw I was surprised at how seriously they seemed to be taking it. They probably weren't quite treating it as a match, but close enough.

Oh, and just a wee note to Novak. When the opponent goes over it's apparently considered polite to ask if they are alright, even in an exho. Andy was fine, but it would have been nice to see Djokovic ask.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: world tennis day « Reply #53 on: March 04, 2014, 11:43 AM »

You can't take a result seriously when both players during the match handed their racquets to members of the audience
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: world tennis day « Reply #54 on: March 04, 2014, 01:07 PM »

I'm not goung to worry about that result. Andy rarely wins exhibitions, at least when I've watched. I didn't see all of it, just the end of a repeat this morning, but I did record it.

In the bit I saw I was surprised at how seriously they seemed to be taking it. They probably weren't quite treating it as a match, but close enough.

Oh, and just a wee note to Novak. When the opponent goes over it's apparently considered polite to ask if they are alright, even in an exho. Andy was fine, but it would have been nice to see Djokovic ask.

Um Teejay I think Andy fell on purpose... he was laughing himself.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: world tennis day « Reply #55 on: March 04, 2014, 01:17 PM »

Great  match, nice to see them having fun:)
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: world tennis day « Reply #56 on: March 05, 2014, 10:12 PM »

That was a fun match to watch from both of them.
Gotta say Nole won the selfie twitter pic battle, too. Very Happy

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray  · Mar 3  
With @djokernole playing at Madison square garden #selfie pic.twitter.com/uiGGimu5XS

Novak Djokovic ‏@DjokerNole  · Mar 3  
Kind a cute,right? :-) #bnpparibasshowdown. NYC-MSG.. love it! pic.twitter.com/KCIM44H4FA

[ Last edit by scotnadian March 05, 2014, 10:22 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: world tennis day « Reply #57 on: March 14, 2014, 11:28 PM »

He said Andy had put in a lot of work in Miami and found some of it easier than in previous years. He thinks he's as strong now physically as before if not stronger. He was happy with how he was hitting in Australia and thinks he just needs the confidence that comes with playing matches in order to trust his body. He seemed very happy with his progress so far (not that he was likely to say otherwise but he was pretty open, I think if he hadn't been so happy his replies would have been more guarded)
Heck I disappear off the radar for a bit and miss something I would love to have watched. Frown  Thanks for all the comments guys and to you Westie for that positive post.

Thanks Ww, that sounds encouraging. It fits in with what some of us have said too.

I agree, Lendl is unlikely to be negative, but he strikes me as the sort of bloke who wouldn't be positive for the sake of it. The fact that he's been open must be a good sign.
My feelings as well TJ. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »