Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Since David Ferrer, Mardy Fish and Jo Wilfried Tsonga will make the finals. Who will get the last spot?
Tomas Berdych - 7 (87.5%)
Gilles Simon - 1 (12.5%)
Janko Tipsarevic - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011

(Read 5024 times)
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #120 on: November 26, 2011, 10:11 PM »

ak 400, I'm curious as to how you feel about Fed off the court.  If Murray talked the way Fed does before and after matches, I'd be rather embarrassed.  Do you feel that he is entitled to say these things because of his amazing career?
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #121 on: November 26, 2011, 11:00 PM »

ak 400, I'm curious as to how you feel about Fed off the court.  If Murray talked the way Fed does before and after matches, I'd be rather embarrassed.  Do you feel that he is entitled to say these things because of his amazing career?

They won't answer, or they'll bull**** you at least. Like any good Fedtard, they are trained to be 100% sycophantic. Don't suggest that their god is not perfect, or there will be nothing to live for.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #122 on: November 26, 2011, 11:03 PM »

Emma if you bothered to read I said I have seen Ferrer Nadal and Murray live in the past v federer at the O2 all last year and the peroformance fish gave was better than any of those 3 when I watched them live v federer stats would back that up!

Murray didn't last too long at the tournament this year but he yes he did play federer last year and was annihilated 6-4 6-2 don't know how you can say that's a closer match than fish losing 6-3 in the third! But then again you never cease to amaze me!

Odd that the best players, going furthest in every tournament, should be tired/injured by the end of the season. Meanwhile, Federer sacks off a whole month leading up to the last few weeks of the calendar, takes advantage of a depleted field and proclaims himself 'back'. Got anything to say on his hypocrisy yet?
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #123 on: November 26, 2011, 11:37 PM »

Roger and Nole took a rest from Shanghai, if you look at the crowd turn out its also the poorest turn out for a "Masters" event.

Roger has now won every Masters event and all 4 majors! So when you say there is hope for Murray, you may want to qualify that statement, because the greatest player of all time with 16 majors and counting, obviously is not a barometer for a player who has not won a major or even won a set in a Grand Slam final for that matter.

I missed have missed that Monte Carlo title then...
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #124 on: November 27, 2011, 11:45 AM »

Roger speaks his mind that is what is so refreshing from a legend of the game and as long as speaking your mind does not amount to personal abuse it is fine!
Roget tome comes over as more sincere than say Nadal who just says pretty much the same thing about every player almost saying what the media public and other players want him to say,if you ask Roger his opinion then expect an honest answer even if it is one that you don't like or agree with.
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #125 on: November 27, 2011, 12:47 PM »

Roger speaks his mind that is what is so refreshing from a legend of the game and as long as speaking your mind does not amount to personal abuse it is fine!
Roget tome comes over as more sincere than say Nadal who just says pretty much the same thing about every player almost saying what the media public and other players want him to say,if you ask Roger his opinion then expect an honest answer even if it is one that you don't like or agree with.

I would love to see some of the reporters ask Federer how he feels about the Masters Finals and the facts the top 3 players on the tour were injured.
How would he react, in your opinion? Would he possibly say the same s*** he said about Andy's wins in Asia?! Probably, not?
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #126 on: November 27, 2011, 01:00 PM »

Roger speaks his mind that is what is so refreshing...

Oh I'm all for a bit of straight talking.  I just think he has gone too far on several occasions and often changes the facts to suit himself.  I used to love him, but I've really noticed a change in his behaviour in recent years.  He now resides in my panto villain club along with Berdych, the Sod, and Tipsy.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #127 on: November 27, 2011, 01:30 PM »

Yes Mr Smug nearly always comes out on top after the other players have had hard long matches, for example last years epic game between Andy and Rafa's hard exciting game in the sem's. Then rafa who was exhausted played Me Smug who was well rested and won at the 02. Nearly the same scenario this year.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #128 on: November 27, 2011, 01:53 PM »

I missed have missed that Monte Carlo title then...

Monte Carlo is not even a mandatory MS event! In any case Roger has reached the final there numerous times.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #129 on: November 27, 2011, 01:58 PM »

I would love to see some of the reporters ask Federer how he feels about the Masters Finals and the facts the top 3 players on the tour were injured.
How would he react, in your opinion? Would he possibly say the same s*** he said about Andy's wins in Asia?! Probably, not?
to be fair when he was talking about Andy only one of the events he won was mandatory and that too is considered a pretty average masters event!

This is the World Tour finals for the best of the best everyone was there and fitness is part of the game so if others haven't planned their schedule better around such a prestigious event it's hardly Roger's problem besides he still hammered Nadal 3 and 0
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #130 on: November 27, 2011, 02:02 PM »

Yes Mr Smug nearly always comes out on top after the other players have had hard long matches, for example last years epic game between Andy and Rafa's hard exciting game in the sem's. Then rafa who was exhausted played Me Smug who was well rested and won at the 02. Nearly the same scenario this year.
oh so Roger won 16 majors and reached 100 finals because everyone else was tired? You are really hilarious!

The example you gave is dreadful because Nadal is one of fittest guys in tennis came back from a 5 hour match in09 Aussie open to beat Roger so doubt a 3 setter with Murray on an indoor court would be a factor no matter how intense.
Fact is Nadal is not as good an indoor player as Roger that set Roger lost was the only set he ever lost to Rafa indoors and judging by this years match you could argue that put in context Nadal taking a set off roger indoors was actually an aberration .
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #131 on: November 27, 2011, 02:11 PM »

Yes we know he beat Nadal. Nadal is not known for winning indoor hardcourt events. So Mr Smugs win means only that. Nadal, Murray, and Djokovic are tired at the end of a long season. While your Mr Smug and a nice long rest because of FATIGUE & NIGGLES. Poor Mr Smug I could'nt see any serious injuries he is not playing a lot of tournaments because he knows he will have to play the other top 3 players. That is why he comes to the O2 with a better chance of winning. Plus it is unfortunate that he ALWAYS seems to get an easier draw and has lots of time to rest between game. For example Ferrer played the night before the semi's while jolly Roger had a nice days rest. It's stacked pack it's time the organisers of tournament were a bit fairer with the draws and gave every player the same rest as Mr Smug.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #132 on: November 27, 2011, 04:30 PM »

to be fair when he was talking about Andy only one of the events he won was mandatory and that too is considered a pretty average masters event!

Isn't that pretty similar to Federer's wins in Basel and Paris? Imo both players' wins are perfectly valid - you can only beat who's in front of you, and if other players don't enter or have to withdraw from events then that shouldn't detract from the efforts of the person who does go on to win.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #133 on: November 27, 2011, 06:29 PM »

The only time Tsogna won a tournament beating one of the players was in 2008. He beat Nole in the Bangkok final. That's was also the year when their rivalry took off after Nole beat him in the AO final. The two apparently can't see each other eye to eye. So basically I don't see Tsonga winning this title at all. It's for Mr. Smug to take.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #134 on: November 27, 2011, 06:34 PM »

The GOAT is back! He will regain World No 1 and win the Calendar Slam in 2012!

Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »