Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Since David Ferrer, Mardy Fish and Jo Wilfried Tsonga will make the finals. Who will get the last spot?
Tomas Berdych - 7 (87.5%)
Gilles Simon - 1 (12.5%)
Janko Tipsarevic - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011

(Read 5293 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #135 on: November 27, 2011, 06:35 PM »

Tsonga played beautifully in the first set but only to play really dumb in the 7th game and gave away his game. I've seen Andy making the same mistakes a few times this year. Sometimes a point or a game decides the whole match, unfortunately. Big hold by Tsonga.

Tsonga's game is very beautiful to watch - far more than the Fedmug. The difference is, Fed has the mind of a champion. Tsonga lacks it.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #136 on: November 27, 2011, 08:06 PM »

So Smugfed takes it blahblah  Roll on the 2012 season!

cmonandy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #137 on: November 27, 2011, 08:08 PM »

I should have added, did he whip out a special jacket or cap?  Or give Tsonga a commemorative plate/token of his special win?  yuk
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #138 on: November 27, 2011, 08:13 PM »

Emma if you bothered to read I said I have seen Ferrer Nadal and Murray live in the past v federer at the O2 all last year and the peroformance fish gave was better than any of those 3 when I watched them live v federer stats would back that up!

Murray didn't last too long at the tournament this year but he yes he did play federer last year and was annihilated 6-4 6-2 don't know how you can say that's a closer match than fish losing 6-3 in the third! But then again you never cease to amaze me!

Just because you went to tournament the last two years, doesn't really make your points more valid. Just because you eye witnessed it does not mean what we saw on TV was something very different to what actually happened. Do you understand how stupid your statement sounds? That's your first statement that I am taking apart.

As to your second point - Murray didn't last too long in this tournament because he had an injury; therefore, he withdrew after playing the first match. So stop pretending as if you aren't aware of it. Last year Andy lost the match to Federer in the RR in straight sets, true, but then he went on to deliver the match of the year against the man to beat Nadal in the semi. Federer was not the guy to beat last year or this year or since 2008 in case you aren't updated on this. So stop using him as the ultimate measure stick.

Also, in 2008, Andy took Federer out in the RR - the missing puzzle you didn't bother to reply but that's probably because you hadn't started watching tennis back then. But more importantly, Andy has problems delivering his best against the top players in front of the homecrowd and it's been known for a while now. That's why he saw the straight loss against the mug. In China, he did not have that problem. It would be very convenient of you to ignore other elements that lie underneath. Andy is otherwise an excellent indoor player. Fish won a total of 6 titles in his entire career which includes only 1 indoor, whereas Andy has already won 9 indoor titles and he’s only 24. So if you base Fish’s one set vs all that of Andy’s including that positive H2H against Federer, then you are one of the biggest idiots Fed can ever have as his fan. Not to mention, Fish went on to lose all his matches in the RR even when he was supposedly playing his best.

As to Nadal, this is not his best surface yet not only he owns Federer in the H2H (leading 7-2 in the GS alone) and but also, played considerably well in this tournament in the past though he tends to fade away a bit at the end of each year and that's solely because he plays far more tournaments than Federer year in year out and he tends to win the key tournaments and that takes a lot of effort itself. It’s a pity and quite dumb that you mention Fish against these great players despite the fact that both Nadal and Murray lead in the H2H department. You can’t just single one tournament out to highlight Fish’s one set vs Federer. In any case, Nadal also took a set from Federer in the last year’s final lest you forget. That’s FYI since you are only brining the last two year’s event up.

As to Ferrer, he beat both Nole and Andy in the RR whereas Fish lost all his RR matches. No need to go further than that.

On to Fish, I don't quite understand your take on his match against Federer because Tsonga played his very first match against Federer and he too took a set from Federer, yet you are quite hung up on Fish. More importantly, Fish probably played the match of his life to get one set from Federer and it’s not even to his credit as Federer, apart from his match against a spent Nadal, isn’t playing exactly superb tennis himself. So it’s more to Federer's discredit if anything.

Now I am sure you will come up with a couple of lines to reply to my post and you will probably talk about something totally irrelevant. That has been the trend of your postings so far but then again, you are a f*cked up and messed up SmugFed troll.  You don't even have a proper identity.  
[ Last edit by -Emma- November 27, 2011, 08:28 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #139 on: November 27, 2011, 08:16 PM »

I should have added, did he whip out a special jacket or cap?  Or give Tsonga a commemorative plate/token of his special win?  yuk

I wouldn't want to stick around to see that. I'd rather vomit. I switched my channel after Tsonga got broken in the final set. He got too tight in his service games. Played remarkably well 2nd TB though.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #140 on: November 27, 2011, 08:35 PM »

Just because you went to tournament the last two years, doesn't really make your points more valid. Just because you eye witnessed it does not mean what we saw on TV was something very different to what actually happened. Do you understand how stupid your statement sounds? That's your first statement that I am taking apart.

As to your second point - Murray didn't last too long in this tournament because he had an injury; therefore, he withdrew after playing the first match. So stop pretending as if you aren't aware of it. Last year Andy lost the match to Federer in the RR in straight sets, true, but then he went on to deliver the match of the year against the man to beat Nadal in the semi. Federer was not the guy to beat last year or this year or since 2008 in case you aren't updated on this. So stop using him as the ultimate measure stick.

Also, in 2008, Andy took Federer out in the RR - the missing puzzle you didn't bother to reply but that's probably because you hadn't started watching tennis back then. But more importantly, Andy has problems delivering his best against the top players in front of the homecrowd and it's been known for a while now. That's why he saw the straight loss against the mug. In China, he did not have that problem. It would be very convenient of you to ignore other elements that lie underneath. Andy is otherwise an excellent indoor player. Fish won a total of 6 titles in his entire career which includes only 1 indoor, whereas Andy has already won 9 indoor titles and he’s only 24. So if you base Fish’s one set vs all that of Andy’s including that positive H2H against Federer, then you are one of the biggest idiots Fed can ever have as his fan. Not to mention, Fish went on to lose all his matches in the RR even when he was supposedly playing his best.

As to Nadal, this is not his best surface yet not only he owns Federer in the H2H (leading 7-2 in the GS alone) and but also, played considerably well in this tournament in the past though he tends to fade away a bit at the end of each year and that's solely because he plays far more tournaments than Federer year in year out and he tends to win the key tournaments and that takes a lot of effort itself. It’s a pity and quite dumb that you mention Fish against these great players despite the fact that both Nadal and Murray lead in the H2H department.  You can’t just single one tournament out to highlight Fish’s one set vs Federer. In any case, Nadal also took a set from Federer in the last year’s final lest you forget. That’s FYI since you are only brining the last two year’s event up.

As to Ferrer, he beat both Nole and Andy in the RR whereas Fish lost all his RR matches. No need to go further than that.

On to Fish, I don't quite understand your take on his match against Federer because Tsonga played his very first match against Federer and he too took a set from Federer, yet you are quite hung up on Fish. More importantly, Fish probably played the match of his life to get one set from Federer and it’s not even to his credit as Federer, apart from his match against a spent Nadal, isn’t playing exactly superb tennis himself. So it’s more to Federer's discredit if anything.

Now I am sure you will come up with a couple of lines to reply to my post and you will probably talk about something totally irrelevant. That has been the trend of your postings so far but then again, you are a f*cked up and messed up SmugFed troll.  You don't even have a proper identity. 

I could easily respond to your abuse with some of my own but I am the bigger person. Hopefully time and experience will make you a better person.

Sure Nadal has a great record against Roger no denying that, but he has an abysmal record against Roger on this surface.

Despite not being the best player this year Roger is without doubt the bench mark when it comes to the WTF he is the best indoor player in the world still and now a 6 time champion.

Yeah Murray beat federer 3 years ago in shanghai (I have watched tennis for over 20 years) however that was three years ago federer didn't only hammer Murray last year. He beat the scot the year before too so the loss against Murray in hindsight has proved to be an aberration.

Yes Murray gave Nadal a great match but as we have established Nadal is not in the same calibre on an indoor surface as Roger so pushing Rafa but losing and getting hammered by Roger at the O2 is pretty similar on balance .
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #141 on: November 27, 2011, 08:36 PM »

IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #142 on: November 27, 2011, 08:36 PM »

Troll.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #143 on: November 27, 2011, 08:41 PM »

Troll.

I have said before supporting a player who happens to be different to the one you support does not make you a troll!
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #144 on: November 27, 2011, 08:42 PM »

I have said before supporting a player who happens to be different to the one you support does not make you a troll!

The entire fact that you are here, posting pictures of a gurning Frauderer, discussing nothing but the self-styled GOAT, pretty much means that you are a troll.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #145 on: November 27, 2011, 08:48 PM »

The entire fact that you are here, posting pictures of a gurning Frauderer, discussing nothing but the self-styled GOAT, pretty much means that you are a troll.
it is a tennis forum Roger is the greatest tennis player that has ever lived! So there isn't an issue talking about a great player on a tennis forum not unless you are saying you advocate some kind of censorship.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #146 on: November 27, 2011, 08:52 PM »

IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #147 on: November 27, 2011, 08:54 PM »

Why hasn't he been banned yet?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #148 on: November 27, 2011, 09:07 PM »

I could easily respond to your abuse with some of my own but I am the bigger person. Hopefully time and experience will make you a better person.

Sure Nadal has a great record against Roger no denying that, but he has an abysmal record against Roger on this surface.

Despite not being the best player this year Roger is without doubt the bench mark when it comes to the WTF he is the best indoor player in the world still and now a 6 time champion.

Yeah Murray beat federer 3 years ago in shanghai (I have watched tennis for over 20 years) however that was three years ago federer didn't only hammer Murray last year. He beat the scot the year before too so the loss against Murray in hindsight has proved to be an aberration.

Yes Murray gave Nadal a great match but as we have established Nadal is not in the same calibre on an indoor surface as Roger so pushing Rafa but losing and getting hammered by Roger at the O2 is pretty similar on balance .

-----------------------

Ak400 ^^, first, you are only being the bigger troll not the bigger person. Make no mistakes on that.

Second, it doesn’t matter how Nadal fares here given that he owns him like nothing everywhere else. No one is going to highlight this tournament when comparing the two.

Third, Murray beat him in Shanghai and Toronto just last year all in straight sets. The one I am talking about however is the same tournament as 02 that happened in China three years ago.

Fourth, that was still arguably the best of the year even Nadal wasn't the favourite on that surface. The fact that he gave Andy such a big fight and won speaks volume. Fish fades compared to that.  But as I said, Andy tends to get tight in GSs and in front of the home crowd. That is his weakness and it’s still a work in progress. But it's a shame that Federer couldn't beat Nadal even in his prime when it mattered the most.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #149 on: November 27, 2011, 09:10 PM »

If you're truly hardcore, ak400, you'll get over to the 'Federer is not the GOAT' thread.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »