Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Since David Ferrer, Mardy Fish and Jo Wilfried Tsonga will make the finals. Who will get the last spot?
Tomas Berdych - 7 (87.5%)
Gilles Simon - 1 (12.5%)
Janko Tipsarevic - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011

(Read 4851 times)
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #150 on: November 27, 2011, 09:12 PM »

BTW, you never see Smugfed wearing a special commemorative runners-up jacket, do you?
IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #151 on: November 27, 2011, 09:13 PM »

Shame Andy couldnt defend the number 3 position this week. Pretty unlucky to have lost #3 considering he was 2100 points ahead of Federer a month ago. Didn't see Federer going on a 15 win streak. Ak400 hope you enjoy Federer's sucess whilst it lasts, after all there hasn't been a lot to cheer about for you this year.
IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #152 on: November 27, 2011, 09:20 PM »

Have to say, Federer has 3000 points to defend in the last 3 tournaments of 2012, and with Paris/London being back to back next year, it will take a monumental effort to repeat it. Nearly half if Federer's total ranking points were won in the last month of an 11 month season.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #153 on: November 28, 2011, 12:21 AM »

Have to say, Federer has 3000 points to defend in the last 3 tournaments of 2012, and with Paris/London being back to back next year, it will take a monumental effort to repeat it. Nearly half if Federer's total ranking points were won in the last month of an 11 month season.

So that's where the other players are going wrong!  They should really only play 1 month of the year Whistle
[ Last edit by Bevc November 28, 2011, 12:25 AM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #154 on: November 28, 2011, 01:43 AM »

Federer, celebrating a bit much? as if he beat the best of the best? That's a new low - even for Federer. lol

IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #155 on: November 28, 2011, 08:32 AM »

Not to take anything away from Rogers success, but were some of the top players fully fit this year? I'm not so sure. Hope you recognise the familiarity in with this and some recent comments Wink
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #156 on: November 28, 2011, 10:29 AM »

I have said before supporting a player who happens to be different to the one you support does not make you a troll!
Yes it does if you are on the 'wrong' fansite!  Troll!
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #157 on: November 28, 2011, 10:59 AM »

On BBC teletext paraphrasing, Federer thinks it was one of his greatest achievements and his strongest finish to a season?
IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #158 on: November 28, 2011, 11:12 AM »

On BBC teletext paraphrasing, Federer thinks it was one of his greatest achievements and his strongest finish to a season?

I don't think it is one of his greatest achievements (although I suppose he be more entitled to an opinion on it than us) but certainly it is his best end of season, as he had never won 3 tournaments to finish a year, and it is the first time he had won the Paris 1000 tournament. The likelihood of Federer repeating the three-peat next year is very slim though.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #159 on: November 28, 2011, 02:49 PM »

My family think I am beginning to be as obesessed about Federer as I am about Andy.  Not quite true but it might seem that way.  So I will just say this - I think Federer is one of the best players ever to have graced a tennis court but he is also arrogant, self-satisfied, spiteful and, on occasions, down right rude.  How anyone can hail him as a 'shining example' to young people and a perfect role model beats me.  Quote Sian Williams on Breakfast TV this morning, 'I'm so glad he won, he's such a nice man!'   If my kids spoke about their peers the way he does I would be so disappointed in them but I know they wouldn't. However, my constant rants at His Mightiness is not good for my blood pressure so I've decided to make an early New Year's resolution - no more anti-Smugfed rants!  I wonder how long it will last?
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #160 on: November 28, 2011, 02:55 PM »

Perhaps we wont have to rant about him next year as he wont be giving any winner's speeches and the achievements of Andy and the other top two will be more worthy of note. Hope the poor old dear doesn't get carried away with himself because he won three titles when the best players werent in contention for some reason or another. As she said in "Gone with the Wind
"Tomorrow is another day""
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #161 on: November 28, 2011, 03:00 PM »

"Yeah Murray beat federer 3 years ago in shanghai (I have watched tennis for over 20 years) however that was three years ago federer didn't only hammer Murray last year. He beat the scot the year before too so the loss against Murray in hindsight has proved to be an aberration"

Murray didnt turn up for that one basically, he was pressured by being the favourite & played terribly (Roger said he was `shocked` by his performance).
So not a true thrashing, that would be for example the Shanghai final last year.
But if it makes you feel any better just go ahead & cuddle up to that one, going on you shall have less & less to keep you warm at night.

IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #162 on: November 28, 2011, 04:15 PM »

Quote Sian Williams on Breakfast TV this morning, 'I'm so glad he won, he's such a nice man!'

Well, that's it, isn't it? People don't actually watch tennis in this country, do they? So the myth gets perpetuated.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #163 on: November 28, 2011, 05:38 PM »

"it is a tennis forum Roger is the greatest tennis player that has ever lived! So there isn't an issue talking about a great player on a tennis forum not unless you are saying you advocate some kind of censorship"

This is not a tennis forum.
Its an Andy Murray website, there's a difference.
Clearly this AK400 fellow is a bit touched  to come on here like this!
IP Logged
clementine
Satellite Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #164 on: November 28, 2011, 05:49 PM »

'The ATP World Tour Finals have been something of a damp squib.   Many of the best players seem exhausted or injured and the top three in the rankings went out early.

Perhaps the much-mocked Andy Murray was right after all: too much tennis.'

Martin Samuel, Sports Journalist of the Year in today's Daily Mail. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »