Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Since David Ferrer, Mardy Fish and Jo Wilfried Tsonga will make the finals. Who will get the last spot?
Tomas Berdych - 7 (87.5%)
Gilles Simon - 1 (12.5%)
Janko Tipsarevic - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011

(Read 5157 times)
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #45 on: November 22, 2011, 12:24 AM »

Great guts there from Nole got to feel for Berdych he had the match in the palm of his hand but Novak just doesn't know when he is beaten!!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #46 on: November 22, 2011, 10:14 AM »

So how was the Nole/Tomas match?  I only watched via livescores.  Did the No.1 struggle as the scores suggest?  Serve stats were 58% 1st set, 82% 2nd set, and 57% 3rd set for Nole.  Tomas didn't get above 50% all match. Think

Yes, Nole did struggle Bev - as he himself said, Tomas played the better tennis. However, like Jo against Fed and Fish against Rafa, he couldn't quite pull it off.  Whether it's the aura of their opponents or the gladiatorial nature of the venue - the underdogs just not being able to wrap it up has been the story of the first round - except Andy v Ferrer sadly!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #47 on: November 22, 2011, 10:38 AM »

Great guts there from Nole got to feel for Berdych he had the match in the palm of his hand but Novak just doesn't know when he is beaten!!

And Berdych doesn't know how to win. On that match point, all he had to do was keep feeding Djokovic deep, hard balls, moving him around and waiting for an opportunity. But, oh no, he saw red and had to go for a wild forehand, which he embedded in the lower part of the net.

When the tiebreak started, I said to my wife, 'If Berdych wins this, you can have £500 to spend on whatever you like'. My money was never in danger.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #48 on: November 22, 2011, 11:38 AM »

And Berdych doesn't know how to win. On that match point, all he had to do was keep feeding Djokovic deep, hard balls, moving him around and waiting for an opportunity. But, oh no, he saw red and had to go for a wild forehand, which he embedded in the lower part of the net.

When the tiebreak started, I said to my wife, 'If Berdych wins this, you can have £500 to spend on whatever you like'. My money was never in danger.

It was a bit of a choke from Tomas but a lot of that has to do with who he was playing he went for too much largely because he felt he had to against a great defender and mover like Novak.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #49 on: November 22, 2011, 01:40 PM »

C'mon Grabcopy -if you have a spare £500 in your back pocket be a nice guy and give it to your wife anyway.    Whistle
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #50 on: November 22, 2011, 09:03 PM »

Nadal getting destroyed.
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #51 on: November 22, 2011, 09:07 PM »

Rafa doesnt seem anywhere near his usual self
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #52 on: November 22, 2011, 09:34 PM »

Rolling Eyes

Well it's down to Nole I guess now.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #53 on: November 22, 2011, 10:20 PM »

Masterful performance from Roger, Rafa on any surface is always a tough match up but it was dealt with ease!

Hard to see anyone stopping Roger this week, Novak if he is at his bet may have a chance but last nights performance won't fill him with too much confidence
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #54 on: November 22, 2011, 10:33 PM »

As espected, Federer is the only one fit from the top4.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #55 on: November 22, 2011, 10:36 PM »

Yep, therefore if he goes on to win the tournament and reclaim No 3, it won't count. There ought to be an asterisk next to his title and ranking.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #56 on: November 22, 2011, 10:37 PM »

Yes, certainly looks that way. Rafa's clearly ill, although he doesn't play as well indoors, that was a big time collapse.
Fed's beautiful to watch though, just a pity about his off court remarks.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #57 on: November 23, 2011, 12:02 AM »

Yep, therefore if he goes on to win the tournament and reclaim No 3, it won't count. There ought to be an asterisk next to his title and ranking.

Those 6 weeks off reaping the benefits now I guess.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #58 on: November 23, 2011, 12:03 AM »

Masterful performance from Roger, Rafa on any surface is always a tough match up but it was dealt with ease!

Hard to see anyone stopping Roger this week, Novak if he is at his bet may have a chance but last nights performance won't fill him with too much confidence

Clearly Rafa not fully fit - even I could see that from the livescores!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011 « Reply #59 on: November 23, 2011, 12:53 AM »

Nadal shouldn't have played this tournament. He's clearly not himself lately. All those beatings from Nole took its toll on him. He should have really stayed away from this event. Will Nadal continue to play in this condition? Or will he retire too?

Nole has a bit of an easier path now that Andy has withdrawn and he's already beaten Berdych just yesterday, I don't think he'll have any problems beating both Tipsy and Ferrer. Ferrer must be done after beating Andy; don't see him doing the same to Nole. In anyway case, I can see the stage being set: Nole vs Tsonga; Federer vs Ferrer. That would be tough on Nole. He barely survived against Berdych yesterday so I am not sure if he's 100% at all. The sharpness is definitely gone and looks jaded too. This tournament is shaping up to be one of the worst events of the year given its weight. I have lost interest I must admit now that Andy's gone for the year.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »