Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 96 Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012

(Read 14079 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #105 on: October 26, 2012, 09:48 AM »

Tipsaravic, Berdych, Delpotro- all my Christmases at once....not Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #106 on: October 26, 2012, 09:56 AM »

Don't know what you guys are worrying about. As Andy is the best, he will have to beat the "almost" best to achieve his crowns, whether it be at WTF or at any future slams.

Please don't forget whom he defeated in the Olympics and at USO
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #107 on: October 26, 2012, 10:50 AM »

H i Teejay, have you tried COQ10? It's meant to be the new best thing and

gives you an energy boost. Dr Chris Steele on "This Morning" raves about it. Sorry you are still feeling unwell.

No, I haven't tried that. I might look in to it, and thanks for the info. I'm fed up with it now to be honest. I mean, how much sleep does a person need when they have a virus? It's ridiculous, I'd sleep the clock round if I could at the moment. God knows how Andy managed to play when he had his bug.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #108 on: October 26, 2012, 10:55 AM »

And could I add who he defeated at Wimbledon even though he did not win.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #109 on: October 26, 2012, 11:21 AM »

Hi All,

I'm being stupid, but I can't remember the format of the WTF. I presume it's best of three sets, but I can't remember. Is it a best of five final? I don't even know why I can't remember. My bug must have gone to my head or something Whistle.

I can't imagine anyone being surprised that Nadal won't be playing. I think we saw that a mile off. The weird thing is that I sort of miss him, but I don't as well. I've got used to him not being around. It will be interesting to see Andy play Nadal next year, assuming the rankings make that possible. It sounds strange I know, given the head to head record, but I have often felt that Nadal is wary of Andy. Of course, I didn't see all of it, but Tokyo last year could be argued to be significant in the scheme of things. We'll see, but it seems to me as if Andy is different now compared to when he last played Nadal. Their next meeting will be interesting.

Is it weird, am I being stupid, or has anyone else stopped worrying about Andy playing Smugfed? I know Smugfed can beat Andy when he is playing well, but I don't know, the Olympic win, and now that beating in Shanghai, it feels to me as if Andy has turned the tide on Smugfed. He's definitely got in to his head. I don't think I've ever seen Smugfed so shaken as he was in Shanghai. Of course, people will point to the majors and say that Smugfed has had the better of Andy in three major finals, but look at the Olympics. Andy beat him in a five set match, which is what you have to do to win a major. I don't think Smugfed will get the better of Andy again in a hurry.

Tsonga never worries me in terms of Andy. I tend to think of him as being a bit like Ferrer. I don't mean the way he plays, but in the sense that he might push Andy for a while, but Andy seems to find a way through. Tsonga can be dangerous, like Ferrer, but I'd be quietly confident for Andy if he is fit and in form.

Berdych makes me wary. Isn't it weird that Berdych has such a poor record against Djokovic, given that he has beaten Andy? I wonder if that is simply down to Andy not having played Berdych as often as Novak. I'd love to see Andy put Berdych in his place again. That said, what we could really do with is Djokovic getting rid of Berdych, so he won't be an issue.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #110 on: October 26, 2012, 11:43 AM »

It's best of 3 throughout tj with 6 days of round robin matches [divided into 2 groups] then SF Sunday and F Monday.  Do hope you're feeling better by the time it starts.  My only wariness re smugfed is that he does play his best indoors.  If Andy is in same group as Birdy he'll have to play him at least once [and twice if both get to final].  And it's not a case of getting rid of in the round robin format.   The best 2 from each group go forward to SFs and sometimes it's v complicated as can come down to games won.  I remember 3 years ago Andy didn't know until last minute almost whether he was in SFs - he wasn't.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #111 on: October 26, 2012, 12:13 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2223126/Rafael-Nadal-ATP-Tour-Finals-London.html

Nadal's gone.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #112 on: October 26, 2012, 12:14 PM »

Why do people hate Berdych so much?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #113 on: October 26, 2012, 12:16 PM »

Old news, my friend. See previous page.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #114 on: October 26, 2012, 12:50 PM »

It's best of 3 throughout tj with 6 days of round robin matches [divided into 2 groups] then SF Sunday and F Monday.  Do hope you're feeling better by the time it starts.  My only wariness re smugfed is that he does play his best indoors.  If Andy is in same group as Birdy he'll have to play him at least once [and twice if both get to final].  And it's not a case of getting rid of in the round robin format.   The best 2 from each group go forward to SFs and sometimes it's v complicated as can come down to games won.  I remember 3 years ago Andy didn't know until last minute almost whether he was in SFs - he wasn't.

Thanks Ruthie, now you say that, I remember. I'm not sure why I'd forgotten before. My brain is clearly out of sync lol.

Wasn't it three years ago that Andy missed out on the semi's by something stupid like one game? I seem to remember that, it was heartbreaking.

Sure, Smugfed has a good indoor record. I hope Andy can come out and stand up to him. I had the feeling from watching Shanghai that Smugfed wasn't prepared for Andy to be as aggressive as he was, and it threw him. Still, indoors is another matter, but I'd love him to do it.

I hope I am better by then. Watching the majority of Andy's matches during the Olympics, especially the final, made me nervous, because I couldn't vent by yelling at the TV, due to not having a voice, so I hope I have a voice for the WTF LOL.

I hope everyone who gets to go to the WTF, and/or to Paris, has a great time.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #115 on: October 26, 2012, 12:59 PM »

Thanks Ruthie, now you say that, I remember. I'm not sure why I'd forgotten before. My brain is clearly out of sync lol.

Wasn't it three years ago that Andy missed out on the semi's by something stupid like one game? I seem to remember that, it was heartbreaking.

Sure, Smugfed has a good indoor record. I hope Andy can come out and stand up to him. I had the feeling from watching Shanghai that Smugfed wasn't prepared for Andy to be as aggressive as he was, and it threw him. Still, indoors is another matter, but I'd love him to do it.

I hope I am better by then. Watching the majority of Andy's matches during the Olympics, especially the final, made me nervous, because I couldn't vent by yelling at the TV, due to not having a voice, so I hope I have a voice for the WTF LOL.

I hope everyone who gets to go to the WTF, and/or to Paris, has a great time.
Yes it was nailbitingly close and I seem to remember mistakes were made because of the complicated system before they got to the right answer.
Well if you not having a voice helps Andy as in the Olympics, perhaps you should sacrifice it for another couple of weeks tj!  Only joking.  And thanks for good wishes for WTF

Why do people hate berdych so much prodigy?  Coz he's arrogant witness when he refused to shake hands with Almagro who'd hit a ball at him but then had apologised and when he was disrespectful to Rafa when playing him in front of his own crowd.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #116 on: October 26, 2012, 01:17 PM »

And Ruthie, don't forget Berdych's performance in the USO semi-final against Andy, when he told a "porky" to get the point replayed; Andy having correctly won the point.
[ Last edit by OldScotSupport October 26, 2012, 03:05 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #117 on: October 26, 2012, 02:06 PM »

And Ruthie, don't forget Berdych's performance in the USO semi-final against Andy, when he told a "porgy" to get the point replayed; Andy having correctly won the point.
Of course oss how  could I possibly have forgotten that - perhaps because I hated him so much already.  Johnnie Mac said that Andy was a class act when he agreed to the point being replayed.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #118 on: October 26, 2012, 02:23 PM »

Berdych is one arrogant fellow who I have started hating.
At least before , I quite used to like him..
Who won the replay for that point by the way?
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #119 on: October 26, 2012, 02:43 PM »

Im expecting Andy to whip some serious ass in the next couple of weeks.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 96 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »